Devotional - Holy Paladin

Devotional

Hello! My name is Hayley aka Devotional and I play a holy paladin! I'm 23, I work a part time flexible job and I love to play WoW. ...and this may be a long post...

I started playing very casually during Vanilla, sharing an account with a friend. In BC, I (wo)manned up and got my own account and raided casually through Kara on my mage. I took a long break and started playing seriously again just after Wrath launched. I raided Naxx, Ulduar and ToC at a casual pace & shortly after ICC was released, I joined a guild called Calamitious Intent. I started raiding with them on my mage, and quickly was offered a spot in the officer 10man group doing heroics. When Cata released and we got around to raiding, the GM blatantly stopped caring. Our raid leader quit WoW very suddenly and overnight deleted his account. We were in an even tougher spot, so I stepped up and brought my paladin alt in (semi-geared from doing arenas and RBGS) to heal in the meantime. Firelands was released, and the guild was in even worse condition. I apped to Church of RNG, who saw potential in me and I transferred after giving CI my 2 weeks.

I raided with Church of RNG, at first only a raider and after MoP launched, I was promoted to an officer. Church fell apart after several of the talented players quit the game. The GM and officers of Church of RNG applied to a recently transferred guild to the server, Inner City Gym, who started their guild over from scratch and quickly became one of the best 10mans on the server. They raided less hours a week than we did, but with more progression. We wanted a guild with quality of players and quality of attempts over quanitity. One week into our four week trial, the ex-GM of Church and I were made raider rank on the spot for exceptional performances on Heroic Amber-Shaper and Heroic Grand Empress (first kills).

As you may have surmised, I know Sheitan the shadow priest who has also applied here. ('Know him' is a loose term...we live together.) For the reasons he's stated, ICG is no longer a good fit for either of us. Whimsical raid times and guild decisions are not my style.

This of course brings me to why I'm applying. I want consistent raid times and a guild run by adults. I still want quality over quantity. South of Heaven seems to have the stability and dedication of players I'm looking for. I don't apply to guilds willy nilly, I'm looking for a home.

I believe I am a solid player, I come prepared for raids with flasks/pots/300 food and knowledge of the encounters. I don't miss raids often, in fact over the past 2 years I've missed raids for planned vacations (with notice, of course), and for Blizzcon 2011! (It was as awesome as you've always imagined!) In addition to my attendance, I take constructive criticism well, and I love to try different talents/glyphs/sets of equipment for different fights. I don't mind being sat for classes more suited to the fight, and I don't mind being given the special jobs either. Whatever gets the fight down, I will do it. For example, we've been giving heroic Tortos some attempts and I've been assigned a specific tank to keep a crystal shield maxxed on. I've been experimenting with different ways of keeping his shield full and mine to where it doesn't fall off while still maximizing my Holy Power generation efficiently. HPS suffers greatly, but that's okay. It's about getting it done.

I have Mumble already and a mic, and I'm not afraid to use it. I am a fun person, and I like to have fun with the people I spend so much time a week with. I've made alot of friends in this game. Hell, I'm still friends with the raid leader that quit WoW suddenly that made me switch to my holy paladin as my main in the first place. I like to PvP, level alts, play the auction house, do transmog runs, solo old content, achieve-whore and in a guild raiding less than 18 hours a week, maybe I'll get a chance to do those things again. I really enjoy playing outside of raids, and hopefully I can find a good group of players within SoH who share those interests.

I have decent past progression, as well.

T12: 6/7 H 25m

T13: 8/8 H 25m (15% nerf)

T14: 15/16 H 10m

T15: 2/12 H 25m

WoL: http://worldoflogs.c...maq0i79hd18ce2/

Armory: http://us.battle.net...tional/advanced

I would love a chance to prove myself and earn a spot. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them. My battletag is , and I look forward to hearing from you! :]

Edited by Devotional

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for stopping by! I know nothing about paladins so I am in no place to give any feedback on what I am seeing, I am just here to say hello and welcome you to the forums and I am glad that our guild has caught your interest! You mention that we have the stability and dedication that you are looking for, but what else about us really draws you in?

Welcome to the forums! I have a few pertinent questions for you. I'm Negido BTW.

1. What's your favorite disney movie?

2. Do you dance?

3. Do you play any games outside of WoW?

4. What's your favorite color?

5. Do you drink, if so, what is your drink of choice?

6. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?

7. Let's say that you have 3 apples, a raccoon, and a monkey wrench. How would you use these resources to defuse a bomb?

8. On a scale of "didn't know other human beings existed" to "social mantis shrimp", how social would say you are?

That's all I have for now!

Sincerely,

Negido

The quality draws me in, of course. You seem like a group of people who like to have fun by competing, playing well and having fun while doing it. My guild history part seems long, but you'll see when I join a guild, I join for the long haul and put in the effort to make things work when there are rough times. South of Heaven seems like a perfect fit, honestly. Perfect raid times, consistent leadership and an active community, that's just about all you could ask for!

1. The Little Mermaid, of course. Released the year I was born!

2. I can dance if I want to. I can leave my friends behind.

3. Not really, no. I used to play SC2 and D3 but since Mists launched, I've really only been playing WoW. Sometimes I'll still play some Left 4 Dead or Team Fortress, though!

4. Favorite color...well pink. Duhh.

5. I do drink, particularly fond of rum!

6. Depends, generally optimistic I'd say though!

7. I would take the monkey wrench and use it to smash the apples up into delicious apple sauce then I would split said applesauce with my new pet raccoon while I wait for the sweet release of death because I don't know anything about diffusing a bomb. :)

8. I'm generally a social person, I moved about a year ago 500 miles away from my friends and family I grew up with so I'm foreveralone.jpg here so I guess about as social as a WoW nerd can get.

I welcome thee to the forums of wondrous intent!

and this may be a long post...

They like long posts and we've seen longer so don't worry.

1. The Little Mermaid, of course. Released the year I was born!

5. I do drink, particularly fond of rum!

That Ariel. What kind of rum? Light? Dark? Premium? Spiced? Flavored?

I welcome thee to the forums of wondrous intent!

They like long posts and we've seen longer so don't worry.

That Ariel. What kind of rum? Light? Dark? Premium? Spiced? Flavored?

Thank you, thank you! I like all kinds of rum, I used to be really into Baca Limon, but I really enjoy Captain of course and Kracken Spiced Rum. I've made Sheitan my favorite club drink (Long Island Iced Teas) and that's rum, vodka, tequila, gin & triple sec and he enjoys those with me. We used to have a guild drinking game for raiding when DS was on farm and for pvp. Does South of Heaven do anything like that?

This just made me feel old. Mostly because I remember when this was released and saw it in the theater.

Well, I am jealous! That's now on my list of things to do after I invent time travel, is go see The Little Mermaid in theaters :]

2. I can dance if I want to. I can leave my friends behind.

You do get a lot of bonus points with me for that reference.

However, despite that and a wonderful introduction, I'm afraid I don't think I'm in a good position to take on a new holy paladin at this time. We're in love with Getslammed and our trial has been doing very well.

The only suggestion I can offer for now is that we can keep in touch (I have Shey's btag) in case either of our situations change in the future. Sorry for the bad news, but thanks for a nice app. :)

You do get a lot of bonus points with me for that reference.

However, despite that and a wonderful introduction, I'm afraid I don't think I'm in a good position to take on a new holy paladin at this time. We're in love with Getslammed and our trial has been doing very well.

The only suggestion I can offer for now is that we can keep in touch (I have Shey's btag) in case either of our situations change in the future. Sorry for the bad news, but thanks for a nice app. :)

Thank you for taking a look over it, I appreciate the time everyone took to read through it and ask questions, it was a pleasant experience. :] You have Shey's btag, and mine is Dev#1631 if you have questions about anything or want to talk. I appreciate the honesty in your response about not taking on another new trial, we've had 4 holy paladin trials since I joined ICG. While I'm not scared of losing my spot, it's hard to gauge how good someone/people are when you have a minimum of 3 new people each night.

Again, thanks everyone!