Porch - Hunter

Porch

Hey Porch, reviewing your app theres a few things i noticed.

Firstly your heroic raid experience seems to be short, and im confused to which guild you raided with as a top 20 US guild? Just looking over your achievements shows your H DW kill at 3/27/12 while the top 20 US guilds got theres in January, where you top 20 during progression?

And a requirement we have for our raiders is to know all heroic fights to the best of there ability when approaching a new one. Since you are 2/13 you have some significant ground to cover as far as mechanics and new fights go, how do you normally prepare for a new fight? Which sources do you refer to? How well do you work under pressure?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-To be honest, I did'nt even realize there was a haste enchant available. I fixed this issue

Cool

- When you pop stamped in a spec that cannot control exotic pets, and you have exotic pets in your stable, copys of your current pet will be used in the place of the exotic pets, so you will always have 4+1 pets summoned.

Nice. Before if you didnt have the glyph of stampede to copy it wouldnt clone anything, must got fix , thanks for the update. But you still might want to have different pets in case, your on target that not everyone is on and could missing one of the debuffs you pets can apply to the current target, but its nothing major.

-

we had 2 hunters running on many of the tortos attempts, head shot was doing all md's while I was doing kicks (md'ing ofc when I could) the only time I died to bats is when I ran barrage, and pulled aggro as they passed by me and I got one shot, or I feigned death and came back up to quickly before aggro was droped. I pvp quite a bit, so its in my instinct to do everything to survive, as I'm sure I did there.

Yea since barrage will hit anything and everything in that case I would've MD the tank on bats before using it, as more threat on him with bats wouldnt be a bad thing

-You make a valid point, I suppose I was looking at what was wiping use rather that what could wipe us.

Glad you see it like that any attempt could be the one.

Overall good responses and feedback , I would work on your ui. Good luck with your app

Hey Porch, reviewing your app theres a few things i noticed.

Firstly your heroic raid experience seems to be short, and im confused to which guild you raided with as a top 20 US guild? Just looking over your achievements shows your H DW kill at 3/27/12 while the top 20 US guilds got theres in January, where you top 20 during progression?

And a requirement we have for our raiders is to know all heroic fights to the best of there ability when approaching a new one. Since you are 2/13 you have some significant ground to cover as far as mechanics and new fights go, how do you normally prepare for a new fight? Which sources do you refer to? How well do you work under pressure?

Hey Alaska.

I joined reckoning after progression. I did not progress with them, unless you count raids as progression (as they pretty much were)

As for covering new fight, I do my best to stay ahead of the curve with fight mechanics, I watch alot of streams, and take the time to watch videos as needed. and keep up on mmo champion for new fight mechanics, changes, etc.

I feel I do well under pressure, both in and out of the game, pressure tends to bring out the best in me, making me play at my peak. consistently asking myself what I can do better on each fight. This is one of the reasons I go through 100 or more tombs a week.

@strider

Thanks for all your feed back and time to look over my app. I appreciate it.

On the 300 food topic. We mostly drop feats for farm content and the first feeler attempts of new progression bosses until we reach an attempt where it's clear the kill is coming. But there comes a point (definitely the 2nd night on a boss) where it's stated (and everyone knows I should think) that we should all be using 300 from there until the kill.

We're expected to come to raid with 1 stack of 300 food, at least. You can easily come up with this amount (60 for the week) for free, purely using your farm. This literally takes 10min a day, if that. Beyond that, you can buy mats off AH and trade in for ironpaw to cook a stack for under 300g per, which is less than a full set if ToT dailys awards.

I'm not saying you didn't kill Tortos because you didn't use 300 food. But at this level (US60 atm), it's just too easily had not to use for progression.

Alright, I've caught up on this thread, and a few things stand out to me.

You seem to have a nice personality, and Fix vouches for you, so you have that going for you.

I honestly can't believe you weren't aware that there is a haste enchant for gloves. This is uncomfortable for me because it causes me to question your level of preparation. Missing 300 food is along those lines. Maybe the glove enchant or the food aren't going to be the things that stop us from killing Iron Qon next week, but that's really not the point. When you raid on a 9 hour schedule you need to do everything in your power to reduce or eliminate the problems that are directly under your control. My people need to be prepared, they need to learn fast, and they need to be able to adapt or adjust to changes on the fly.

Building on that point, you've told Alaska that you believe you can get up to speed on our progression quickly because you do so much preparation. Without meaning to sound like a jerk, I hope you can see that it's hard for me to believe that your level of preparation is high when you didn't know that the best enchant for your gloves even existed.

Also, on Tortos I believe you said that your deaths were due to sacrificing yourself to kick a shell. You cannot kick a shell when you're dead, so I don't quite follow this line of reasoning.

Lastly, I just want to tell you up front that if you were working with us on Horridon progression, and you tried to blame you death on camera angles, I would not be very receptive to that defense at all. Part of your job as a ranged DPS is to be aware of your surroundings and to use your brain with how you situate yourself. That's in fact one of the unspoken, unmetered skills that separates great ranged DPS from good ones.

*phew*

With all that said, I think you get the picture now that we're a pretty rigorous group despite our casual schedule. I would like to set up an interview on Saturday, if you're around, and we can discuss a possible trial for you next week. If we decide to trial you, I will specifically be watching your raid awareness / positioning / survivability, and I will most likely test you on MD bats duty. You have a lot of ground to cover in terms of learning the fights we are working on - I'll give you guest access so you can start browsing our strategies.

Let me know what time works on Sat. :)

Alright, I've caught up on this thread, and a few things stand out to me.

You seem to have a nice personality, and Fix vouches for you, so you have that going for you.

I honestly can't believe you weren't aware that there is a haste enchant for gloves. This is uncomfortable for me because it causes me to question your level of preparation. Missing 300 food is along those lines. Maybe the glove enchant or the food aren't going to be the things that stop us from killing Iron Qon next week, but that's really not the point. When you raid on a 9 hour schedule you need to do everything in your power to reduce or eliminate the problems that are directly under your control. My people need to be prepared, they need to learn fast, and they need to be able to adapt or adjust to changes on the fly.

Building on that point, you've told Alaska that you believe you can get up to speed on our progression quickly because you do so much preparation. Without meaning to sound like a jerk, I hope you can see that it's hard for me to believe that your level of preparation is high when you didn't know that the best enchant for your gloves even existed.

Also, on Tortos I believe you said that your deaths were due to sacrificing yourself to kick a shell. You cannot kick a shell when you're dead, so I don't quite follow this line of reasoning.

Lastly, I just want to tell you up front that if you were working with us on Horridon progression, and you tried to blame you death on camera angles, I would not be very receptive to that defense at all. Part of your job as a ranged DPS is to be aware of your surroundings and to use your brain with how you situate yourself. That's in fact one of the unspoken, unmetered skills that separates great ranged DPS from good ones.

*phew*

With all that said, I think you get the picture now that we're a pretty rigorous group despite our casual schedule. I would like to set up an interview on Saturday, if you're around, and we can discuss a possible trial for you next week. If we decide to trial you, I will specifically be watching your raid awareness / positioning / survivability, and I will most likely test you on MD bats duty. You have a lot of ground to cover in terms of learning the fights we are working on - I'll give you guest access so you can start browsing our strategies.

Let me know what time works on Sat. :)

You make compelling points. And I do understand your concerns. I would like to point out that, traditionally, (untill rppm effects where introduced, calculations had not been added to simcraft/FD) hunters stat priority's where crit>mastery>haste (haste had higher value on sims due to shot shifting) so mastery was the go to enchant on the gloves up till a few weeks ago, then it was a few weeks will top hunters started figuring out the value of haste, since sim's were behind. It was an over sight on my part not looking over enchant with a stat weight change. I just didn't want you thinking I had the wrong enchant the whole time.

Besides that. I look forward to speaking with you Saturday And thanks to everyone for the critic on this app, makes me more aware that I always have room to grow :D

Edited by Porch

You make compelling points. And I do understand your concerns. I would like to point out that, traditionally, (untill rppm effects where introduced, calculations had not been added to simcraft/FD) hunters stat priority's where crit>mastery>haste (haste had higher value on sims due to shot shifting) so mastery was the go to enchant on the gloves up till a few weeks ago, then it was a few weeks will top hunters started figuring out the value of haste, since sim's were behind. It was an over sight on my part not looking over enchant with a stat weight change. I just didn't want you thinking I had the wrong enchant the whole time.

Besides that. I look forward to speaking with you Saturday And thanks to everyone for the critic on this app, makes me more aware that I always have room to grow :D

Hi Porch,

You are correct with those stat priorities , thats the way it was before. But at the same time your playing an MMO game where class mechanics change frequently and could change every patch. Playing MMO for many years now, you have to stay on top of your class with doing research if not you get left behind. The way you played a hunter in 4.3 lets say, most likely wont be same in 5.2. You are correct, that haste start getting love this patch with the new Rppm but also note 5.2 has been out for almost 2 months . The haste enchant has been around for way longer than that. Can tell you everyone in soh is up to date with what they can bring best of their class and what best talents/spec to bring to each boss fight. As we have to be on point with a 3 hour a night raiding schedule. You seem like fun guy and veteran hunter but you have to kinda stop pointing finger at something else (ex. it was camera, or it was the simcracft) everytime you forgot about something else or just mess up. Manning up and honestly will get you far in here if accepted, good luck your interview bud.

Edited by Stridur

Hi Porch,

You are correct with those stat priorities , thats the way it was before. But at the same time your playing an MMO game where class mechanics change frequently and could change every patch. Playing MMO for many years now, you have to stay on top of your class with doing research if not you get left behind. The way you played a hunter in 4.3 lets say, most likely wont be same in 5.2. You are correct, that haste start getting love this patch with the new Rppm but also note 5.2 has been out for almost 2 months . The haste enchant has been around for way longer than that. Can tell you everyone in soh is up to date with what they can bring best of their class and what best talents/spec to bring to each boss fight. As we have to be on point with a 3 hour a night raiding schedule. You seem like fun guy and veteran hunter but you have to kinda stop pointing finger at something else (ex. it was camera, or it was the simcracft) everytime you forgot about something else or just mess up. Manning up and honestly will get you far in here if accepted, good luck your interview bud.

Yeah, It was 100% my mistake. And thanks for pointing it out. I hope to get a chance to raid with you next week :D