(WoW) Olëf - Combat/Assassin Rogue

Olef

I'm posting from my phone.

Those are all solid answers except your opener as combat doesnt account for initial killing spree and adrenaline rush uses. Using any finisher aside from slice and dice is a waste of restless blades. Also as assassination you should replace Ambush with mutilate. Since the buff to dispatch the chance for mutilate to generate more damage via blindside is more valuable than ambushs slightly higher base damage

I'll look over your logs when I get home tonight.

Hi Olef, I had a chance to look over your logs more in depth and they are quite good in terms of personal performance. I don't notice any glaring survivability issues, just once where it looks like you forgot to cast Tricks on a Horridon pull and he ate your face. Also a Rockfall death early on H Tortos progression. This is one of those times where Elusiveness/Feint would have saved you, as the crystal shell debuff really never falls off with it and proper healing.

All the Rogue fundamentals are on par and I expect with time in a 25m setting you could improve even further (not that there is even much room for!).

Nitpickery on your usage of Vanish and Garrote: I see that once or twice you used it to silence an add on H Horridon but other random casts that could be attributed to fat fingering in the heat of the moment.

Something on your CD usage as Assassination on Horridon: I noticed you hardly used Vendetta/Shadow Blades but on Horridon twice, Jalak once, and a Frozen Warlord. I suppose this is good practice in 10 man, but in 25 the adds have substantially more health and if you're saving/using CDs on Horridon it's very likely we can get behind on adds.

I see that you're not using Tricks at all aside from the pull. That's a free ~3% increase for your target (usually another Rogue, but lately I've been prone to toss it around with our lack of another Rogue). That's estimated by percent of uptime on the buff * 15. Yes, it is a ~1% loss for yourself, but whomever you cast it on can have a significant impact on their overall performance (especially a multidotter with several targets).

All of these things are fine tuning and usually come with the experience of playing a Rogue on the cutting edge.

Overall, I can give your logs my blessing. I do have to warn you though, Ashin is not tolerant of Killing Spree and it's inclination of killing us. That being said, Combat is also not overly useful in progression because the estimated increase in damage comes from the 0.5s GCD of AR/SB. Any loss of uptime on the boss or even the SLIGHTEST lag during them would be a GIGANTIC loss. Couple this with the fact that you can't fully utilize Killing Spree (usually enough in and of itself to not play Combat) on some fights and not having AR/SB up for a burn can be crippling. With that said, I strongly suggest you maintain Assassination for progression.

One thing I do have to ask, is your thoughts on the RPPM system and how it affects our stat weights given the Legendary Meta and 2 ToT trinkets.

Cheers, Raer

Edited by Raer