Vanitas - Hunter

JackSilk

(Excuse me for the edits. It decided to post by itself when I pressed tab.)

Hello there, my name is Lakota. I play the Hunter Vanitas. Recently my good irl friend Kyle who plays Sinnical has been trying to get me back into WoW. Well, he suceeded and he told me to apply here as part of your main raiding team.

To start off here are some epeen bot logs and my armory. I'll note that the parses on Vanitas were when I started to, for lack of a better word, get bored. All of my friends had quit already and raiding just seemed like a chore. The people I was raiding with did not take anything seriously and constantly joked around when dying to mechanics. So the parses are not stellar in any way (aslo I was never very good at BM after BC haha).

Me: http://imgur.com/ZPrnG2k

Armory: http://us.battle.net.../Vanitas/simple

Vanitas: http://raidbots.com/...erfist/vanitas/

However, here is back in late cata when I took raiding seriously and genuinely enjoyed it.

Jacksilk: http://raidbots.com/...emaul/jacksilk/

Note that when I actually tried and took the time to be the best I could be I ranked consistently in the 80-90th percentile. So I would like to say that even though my current expansion parses and gear are sub par I can easily get back into the swing of things and be a great asset to your raiding team.

I should probably mention a bit about myself as well. I'm 19 and live on my own while attending college. I've been raiding since I was about 15 at the start of BC. Ever since I have been playing games for a more competative aspect. I love making myself better and having fun while doing so. I have a bunch of other hobbies besides gaming though.

Movies for instance are one of my biggest pleasures. I live old 90's movies as I grew up watching them with my father. Whether it be things like Die Hard, American Movie, Starship Troopers, any Tarantino movie, etc. I also love really over the top japanese horror movies. Especially ones done by Noboru Iguchi.

I've got a couple other big hobbies but I don't want to right a novel here. That's about all I can think of on the spot in terms of an application. I mean, unless you want me to write down previous jobs or flings I've had with members of the opposite sex. I will if you want me to. The term "open book," is stupidly applicable to me. So if you have any questions regarding me, my personal life, or my raiding/WoW/video game experience feel free to ask. I'll be sure to answer as quickly as possible.

Edited by JackSilk

Very good RL friend of mine and a very solid raider, I do vouch for his skill level to be able to compete on a world class level. I know sev has been having a lot of focus on school lately and that didn't out so well at this point in time however I do give my full support to JackSilk here. Able to put out high ranking numbers while doing every mechanic the boss has flawlessly

Hello,

You have many names! JackSilk does sound a bit pr0nstar-ish, which is nice. Glad to meet a friend of Syn's.

You haven't given me a lot to work with in your app, however. Your most recent logs were from early MSV HM progression, but you've told me I need to ignore them because you weren't really trying. I don't see the logs from Cata; you just linked your armory twice. Being a friend gives you a head start but doesn't mean automatic acceptance - I need to see more effort in this app.

For starters, please tell us your progression throughout Cata, and give us a recap of your guild history. Please clarify whether that experience is 25m or 10m. I would also like to know what kind of rig you're playing on, and a screenshot of your in-combat UI would be helpful (if you've had time to set one up again?)

Lastly, please complete at least a full clear of LFR ToT and show us parses of how you play when you are trying. I can't see how I can review an app for a 7/13H team when you have not at least done that.

Thank you.

I wouldn't say ignore them, just take them with a grain of salt. I fully understand that they are sub par and willing to accept if they effect my overall chances. The second armory link has been fixed. As for cata progression here goes. I came in late with cata. Roughly 3 weeks late. So I was always a bit behind. I did manage to clear Blackwing Decent, Throne and Bastion of Twilight all on Normal.

However those were all in pug like groups so I never got around to heroic. Around that time some RL issues came up and I had to stop progression. I never got around to clearing them fully on heroic. I started back up in Firelands. I came back after joining the 25 man guild that was run by Fulgshift, Pandemic if IIRC. I raided with them up to heroic Baleroc. That's when a bit of in fighting happened and 8 or so of us split off and created our ten man guild Elysium.

With Elysium we went on to clear all of heroic Firelands and in to heroic DS. In DS I went up to Spine. Along the way we got a couple top US kills including a US 23rd Zon'ozz kill. However our main tank was expecting a child and one of our players stopped showing up. Slowly but surely the guild died.

Specs: Intel® Core i3, 2.93GHz 4.00 GB of ram and an ATI Radeon HD 5700

My go to UI is actually a pack. http://www.wowinterf...-QulightUI.html However if you're asking so you can see how many key bindings and such I run I'll be sure to get a screen shot. I'll do the LFR run this Sunday and have the logs posted shortly after.

Hey Jack,

Thank you for posting some logs. Any reasons your serpent sting uptime couldn't have been better on Jin'rohk? Especially in the LFR version, there is not much reason to let your dot drop.

Here's how I feel right now. First of all, your raid history has a lot of interruptions. You start, then walk away from the game for a bit, then come back, then walk away from the game, etc. Secondly, you are quite young for the group. Thirdly, you are under-geared and out of practice / just resubscribed a few days ago. I don't think it would be responsible for me to commit a raid slot to you right now, even though you are a friend and recommended by Syn. Instead, I'd like to see you apply as a social member and spend a few weeks getting your character brushed off and geared up. We can re-evaluate your application later, and consider taking you on some farm fights to see how you do in a 25m heroic environment. This will also give us some time to interact with you, see if there are any maturity concerns, etc.

Does that sound fair? If you'd rather apply for a guild that can take you for a full time raid spot immediately, I understand that as well.

Thanks.