(GW2) Engineering Death

Overkill

Hola! My name is Steve and I am 30 years old and currently stationed at FT Huachuca, Arizona with my beautiful wife. I just recently moved back to the US from Germany/Afghanistan and I am looking for a good group of people to play with. My MMO gaming history goes all the way back to Ultima Online and the Tank Mage era of PVP domination. I then moved to Shadowbane after UO went downhill and stayed there till WoW. Funny story, Tyrlis got me playing WoW back in the day (8 years ago?) when we both lived in Hawaii and many Mountain Dew fueled nights followed. I guess that was my Hardcore MMO period. Tried Eve and while lowsec was fun nothing else about the game really was. I equated it to playing an Excel spreadsheet. Moved away from MMOs and just played modern warfare series until recently. I got back into it with GW2 and currently play a level 80 Engineer (Engineering Death) and a level 80 Necromancer (Overkill Overdrive).

Both of my Characters are in full exotics but do not have any FOTM gear. I tried playing through it once in a pug and four hours later we finished. I swore I would never go back. The pug was that bad. Engineering Death has a dual pistol formula 409 build and Overkill Overdirve has a Bunker Build. I prefer playing the engineer seeing as every time a thief engages me on the Necro I am pretty much toast. Going to need some more practice and playing around with builds till I find something I am comfortable with. Will probably try a condition well mix next.

As far as guilds go I do not have one seeing as I recently transferred to Crystal Desert from Ehmry Bay. I have been playing this game mostly by myself or with my wife. Still cannot believe I got her to level a 80 Guardian lol. I have been running WvW, SPVP, and some tournaments in Tyrlis' groups. That has been a lot of fun and I have had the chance to talk and BS with some SOH members. Several have mentioned that I should drop an application and here it is.

I look forward to playing with you all as part of South of Heaven or if not that then a ringer off to the side. Mahalo!

Hi Steve -- welcome to the boards and thanks for the app.

I've had a chance to chat with you a couple of times in game/mumble, so I'll go ahead and set you up w/ Recruit status here on forums. Please take a moment to read the following:

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

You may contact Feramoan, Huntyre or Tyrlis for an in-game invite whenever you're ready.

Dude! Glad to game with you again. It's so much different from the WoW/EVE days, though, hahaha.

At one point Steve and I were leveling toons on an Oceanic WoW server. After our morning Army workouts, we'd take turns following the other to leech XP while we showered and ate breakfast, to sneak in every possible point of XP before we had to go to work. It was an addiction, no doubt about it.

Ya, I remember. Crazy Australians. Saturday spent on your couch with Jess making noodles, drinking mountain dew, and doing dungeons then doing them after reset. Was a good time and definitely an addiction. I have got to get stationed near y'all again. Miss it :(

Hey Steve! Welcome! I'm a newcomer myself :p Glad to see some engi love, they're my favorite class ingame. If you ever wanna try fractals again though I'd be more than happy to explain each fight in detail and help you get into the higher fracs so you get more substantial rewards. At 30+ I get a nice profit each run depends on the cores/lodestones that drop from the final chest :]