520/522 Resto/ele shaman

duccky

About me

My name is duccky, jesse once ya get to know me a little better. i am 19 years old and have already finished college however college did nothing but eat all my money away. The lucky part is that ive found my dream job at this point i do overnight cleaning for office buildings and bars.

P.s I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

My shaman

http://us.battle.net...Duccky/advanced

My ui

http://imgur.com/Gb2bNA7

normally parses go in that box area next to my mounts (cant use parses because of lag on sha)

Yes, i am using keybinds i don't know how to make them show up on bartender

Gems / Reforge / Enchants

Resto - Gemming for resto is a very tricky thing on its own. Alot of resto shamans are going straight spirit gems in every socket and reforging into straight haste. This however isnt the route that i have taken, i have a rather different approach to resto than most shamans out there.

red - spirit/int

blue - spirit

green - spirit/crit

Why i chose this set up is because as a resto shaman the overall goal is to keep mana high with crit rating and still having throughput healing with mastery. The overall goal in my resto build is first haste cap (a number so insignificant that you cant even reforge out of enough haste to be under it) 25% crit rating raid buffed (i have found this to be optimal mana regen) after 25% crit raiting the next goal is straight mastery. Mastery is the bread and butter of stats for Shamans in this tier becaus of the insane amount of spike damage the raid takes. One more major factor in my resto build is i use the DPS legendary meta gem. the 30% haste proc gives 2 extra ticks on healing rain 1 on healing tide and 3 ticks on healing stream totem. With 25% crit rating i feel the healer meta is less optimal because there is never a mana issue. keeping the proc on the dps meta gem is as easy as flame shocking off CD. i also use lightning bolt as a mana regen w/ the TC glyph

Elemental - elemental is tricky in recent days because alot of new theory crafting has come out about it. My current setup is

red - int

blue - int/spirit (straight int if im over hit cap)

yellow int/mastery

This is the generic setup for all ele shamans w/ the legendary meta gem mastery is the better stat with this gem because at certain points if your haste is to high you are globalling yourself on lava bursts during ascendance with any amount of lag you are losing a significant amount of dps.

The recent days of ele shamans is that around a 530 ilvl you can go straight mastery gems. this setup would be

yellow - mastery

Blue - mastery/spirit (straight mastery if over hit cap)

red - int/mastery

What this build allows is higher top end damage, aswell as a significant increase in aoe damage. The downside to this build is that without a decent amount of heroic gear you bottom out your dps very hard. The reason the heroic gear makes a difference is because it has more base haste on it keeping your low end damage from bottoming out as harshly as you would with a 520 ilvl.

Talents / Glyphs -

Resto restoration is very cut and dry in terms of glyphs which is very unfortunate for the spec.

The only variation resto sees is Call of the elements and totemic projection. Call of the elements is used in 95% of all cases. but some fights like primordius i find projection to be a better talent because it allows me to spirit link as a tank/melee CD without actually having to run into melee and risk them being hit with spines. The last variation is unleashed fury and Primal elementalist there were very few fights i used primal elementalist but because they were significant fights like heroic empress i felt they were worth mentioning.

Elemental -Elemental glyphs have a little bit more wiggle room than restoration. The first to note is elemental mastery and echo of elements. Elemental mastery is in my opinion the better talent. however because of the legendary meta you run into globalling yourself making using this talent very tricky. the safer route not to gimp dps is to use echo of elements which has a very depressing 6% proc chance as elemental however it can proc off of mastery making it ideal for AOE. The last tier of talents is my favorite as elemental because all of them have their place on a fight to fight basis. unleashed fury is perfect for durumu because you can increase lightning bolt damage while running the maze Primal elementalist sees its glory on fights where you mainly focus on aoe its a dps loss to hard cast a elemental blast for AOE. elemental blast is best on fights where there is minor aoe and alot of single target.

Raiding history/Guild history

I started wow back in BWL my uncle was hunter class leader for the guild he was in and i managed to get a raid spot with BMR on eldra'thalas The guild was fairly good making it a couple bosses deep into naxx 40

Burning crusade hit and i was behind the curve. rolling a rogue late and just getting through content. only to have my guild fall apart at muru never to see a kill on that boss.

Wrath of the lich king my uncle started playing wow again and we made the guild disturbed on stomreaver i still played a rogue at that time the guild didnt have any real notable achievments, however mid ulduar i rerolled a resto shaman. ICC hit and i did not raid for that tier of content i only did pvp

Cataclysm at the start i knew i wanted something more serious in terms of raiding so i joined Legit, and had arguably the best raiding experience i ever had in wow. we were #1 10man for alliance and i was happy to log on and raid 5 days a week for the sake of progression. Our guild leader Angelin was talking with people in Out of line and we all transfered horde, this is when my raiding experience in cata went sour Out of line only wanted Angelin our Spriest and took the rest of our guild in, just to get angelin over to their guild. long story short, me being in OoL did not last long. leaving my guildess in firelands. only getting 6/7HM before DS came out. i joined subtle insanity and cleared DS heroic at 15% nerf.

Mop started and i took on the adventure of leading my own guild. with a hardcore mindset the people i had did not have the dedication that i did and the guild shortly fell apart thats when i joined Peachy keen where i would stay for the rest of T14

Logs

here are my logs for the current guild im in http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/175291/

i'm not able to go back far enough and find parses for when i was in peachy keen which is a shame because i had some notable rankings as resto, our first will of the emp heroic kill i ranked 7th for resto shamans.

Reasons for leaving PK/current guild

i felt it was necessary to talk a little bit more about why i had left peachy keen. Peachy keen is a great guild but the main problem i had with it was that it was an isolated clique that was impossible to get into regardless how hard i tried to talk to them and get involved. in short i just didn't fit in well with them. My current guild is casual.. in the most basic sense of the word. They have 0 motivation to accomplish anything in raiding. i joined because it was a friends guild and becuase of my experience in ToT i was thrown into a raid leading position, but instead of being able to lead a raid like i wanted to i had to follow the guidelines of everyone is emotionally unstable. so its impossible to even address a problem without someone getting offended stalling the raid. (there are 0 repercussions for being late or not showing up at all making it impossible to actually raid on time leaving us sitting around for a good hour every night.

Why i want to join SoH

My reasoning for wanting to join SoH is because i enjoy being in a 25man guild and im already "raiding" 9 hrs a week. and my thought is, im capable of doing a hell of alot better than the guild im currently in is doing. I really want to join SoH because heroic raiding is a main reason i play wow, and i feel fairly empty if im not ahead of everyone else in terms of progression

Attitude towards raiding

Progression - We are going to wipe, how can i personally keep wipes to a minimum and help us kill the boss faster

Farm - I want to relax a little more, i've done this stuff before and im comfortable with what i need to do

The raid team - I want to enjoy who i am raiding with, Not people who are constantly being downers and making the game less and less enjoyable

Why me?

I'm extremely committed to whatever i set my mind to, Not to sound bigheaded, but i learn incredibly fast when it comes to bosses and mechanics. It takes me 1-2 pulls to see and understand what i need to do for a boss. That being said i'm not the messiah and am not always perfect i do however try to keep mistakes to a minimal.

My expectations

Everyone to bring 120% to each and every raid

Everyone staying up to date with class/spec changes

Personally researching everyone's own BiS gear.

Everyone looking at encounters before we actually start them.

Being able to take criticism and intelligently support defend what they are doing in the raid

Sacrificing dps for the raid, to stay out of bad or to help heal.

Respectable officers and leaders that makes decisions based on whats best for the raid as a whole.

Hey Duccky, thanks for the intro and welcome to the forums! :)

The gear you logged out in appears to be a mix of ele and resto pieces; Gemming/Reforging is confusing me. Which spec/role are you applying as? Would you log out with your gear set for that spec please?

If the answer is Resto, then I'll leave the technical evaluations to one of our rShaman, and wish you GL with your app!

If the answer is Ele, would you please provide a log of you playing that role? (an LFR log will do)

I'll wait until you have things set to give your armory a thorough look, but I did notice one spec-independent red flag in your current gear: You've put 2x160int gems in your legs, skipping an 120int socket bonus? You've had those legs for over a week, and are a Jewelcrafter, so I'm having a hard time understanding why you didn't match the blue socket for the free 40int. What's up with that?

- Ev

edit:

Thought I'd add that I enjoyed your breakdown of Haste v. Mastery for Ele w/Meta. It is a hot topic atm, so Its good to see you've been following that. I laughed when I got to the bit about ~530+ going 2xMastery>Intellect, as I was just running those sims myself this afternoon. SimC is showing factors of 1 int and .51 mastery, but it needs to be a larger margin before it will actually result in a dps increase (those scaling factors are calculated by adding 1000 to each stat, so when you see them reach 2xMastery>Intellect, as I've just reached, it means you're actually ~1000int from being able to swap gems)

Beyond stat scaling, the Sinister Meta also changes the viability of T4/6 Talents. When combined with 4pc, EotE+EB is really the only viable choice. I'll go into more detail on this if you're apping as Ele (or you're just curious).

Edited by Evgeny

Hello,

You mentioned that your current team is too casual for you. I noticed that the other healers on your team are generally exceeding you on the fights you linked - any reason for that?

Unfortunately I'm not able to consider a resto shaman application at this time. We already have two, and seven healers in total. If we take any other healer at all, it will be a mistweaver. I don't know what your experience or interest is in mainspec ele. That's possible for us to consider but, to be honest, a bit of a long shot. We're mostly looking for mage, moonkin and rogue right now.

Cheers.

I'm not able to log out in a full resto or ele set because the guild im in has me mixed between each. so i'm just running a cookie cutter build to do normals. i gave note of the gem/reforging that i would do if accepted as resto or accepted as elemental. I'm apping as either resto or ele depending on what yall are more interested in. i can play both specs very well. I didn't want to bore everyone with an excessive amount of theory crafting for elemental, because there is alot of it as of late. i can't comment on parses when your using 4 piece elemental because i dont have a single tier piece yet, ik that once i get it there are a couple changes that must be made.

You mentioned that your current team is too casual for you. I noticed that the other healers on your team are generally exceeding you on the fights you linked - any reason for that? A couple things attribute to this, a huge problem with the healers is that they are focused only on their individual parses, so instead of following a raid CD rotation i set, they are sniping heals from each other meaning i have to be layed back and heal when it matters the most to keep the raid alive. thats why on my parses you will see and excessive amount of spike healing instead of a constant flow.

I'm interested in this guild because its been around for a while unlike drow which showed up out of nowhere. i'd like to know im joining a fairly stable guild, i also would really like to join a guild on stormreaver rather than pay for an xfer.

In reply to alaska, i can only hope that i would fit in to your raid team. I can openly admit that i'm not fit to lead a guild, thats why i am apping to an already established guild.

Well as Ashin already pointed out, we're not in a position to take on another rSham at this time.

If you're serious about apping as Ele, would you please log an LFR for the app? Do you have Ele trinkets? (I recommend swapping to propper Ele gems, etc. for the logs; you already have the Sinister Meta so it shouldn't run you much).

Also, have you ever raided normals/heroics as Ele main; if so, how long has it been?

- Ev

edit: would also like your thoughts on the leg gem I mentioned earlier. Thanks.

Edited by Evgeny

In reply to alaska, i can only hope that i would fit in to your raid team. I can openly admit that i'm not fit to lead a guild, thats why i am apping to an already established guild.

You knew him as Static, and he is now my raid leader. I understand there was various drama and that you blamed him for what went wrong. I don't think you'll work well with our team based on your history with him, sorry.

As an aside, I found your answers to some of these questions to be confusing. You claim you are low on the meters because you are saving it all for burst healing, but I can clearly see the other members of your team matching you during those bursts, while healing more in between. You also said that your gear strategy is based on hybrid resto/ele. Is there no reforge mount available within your raid team?

With that said, thank you for the application and good luck in your search.

There are guild parses from 2 weeks ago when i was elemental http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0ak0e98oic92y4oy/

Also LFR parses, i used SS because i was unable to get WoL to work on my computer. i have my dps and my damage breakdown all with 0 stacks of determination

Jinrok - http://i.imgur.com/8L1csBa.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0rD6foo.jpg

Horridon - http://i.imgur.com/N3pjXoc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/h7ZOEo4.jpg the group i had never stacked adds together so chain lightning is significantly lower that it normally would be

Council - http://i.imgur.com/ENgDSEb.jpg http://i.imgur.com/jeJZkRn.jpg

To talk a little bit more about T4/T6 talents. i've only used echo of the elements. The main problem i have with elemental blast is that if RNG lines up i have 3,500 haste from EB 8,800 haste from Shadow pan trinket 6.908 haste from sha trinket 30% haste from legendary meta and 20% haste from berserking and another 30% from bloodlust making my lava burst a .352 second cast, with my 23MS its enough lag that im globalling myself and losing on average 30-40k dps at my peak during ascendance. this is just a gearing issue that can be fixed with 1 dps trinket that isn't a haste proc, but thats what dis wades me from using EB on certain fights, because this occurs more often to me than it should.