Cryopathy - Bloody Knight of Death

Cryopathy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCLAIMER: You linked Horridon fight 5, but I decided to check out a few of the longer fights as well to give me a better glimpse at your performance on raids similar to what you’d be facing with our team.

Be aggressive, B, E, aggressive (AKA your offensive spell use)

As you said your uptime on diseases was low on attempt 5, but I did see better uptimes on other pulls. So it shows your capable of monitoring and maintaining diseases on multiple targets and consistency is pretty crucial due to the debuffs your diseases apply (not to mention “free” DPS).

Part of the issue with that fight seemed to be a low use of Blood Boil. I am seeing a bit of a pattern of perhaps missed or miss timed Blood Boils as there are multiple Icy Touch/Plague Strikes in all your fights. Be sure to manage your Blood Boils and Crimson Scourge procs effectively. My only conclusion from the use of IT and PS is that you messed up a BB and neglected to use Outbreak/had it on CD.

Soul Reaper usage looks good overall, glad to see you’re using this powerful tool effectively. At times it may be a bit inconsistent on some of the fights, don’t forget about it, but I didn’t see any glaring misuse.

Rune strikes seem in line as well.

I’m seeing some uses of your Tabbard of the Lightbringer. Do you use this as a disctraction/misdirection tactic on boss fights?

Why so Defensive (why this funny sub headings?)

Blood Shield uptimes look good across all fights, which I like. I recognize that you eluded to DS’ing even at times when not taking so much damage so as not to “camp” runes and gain some benefit of DPS and Shielding but your average Blood Shield was right around 200K.

From your character sheet you would be close to 800,000 (using a nice round number to make the math easier) raid buffed HP in your tank gear. Your Mastery is 222.07% so a minimum DS should give you 15.55449% Max HP shield without any damage being in the “Blood Shield Window” ([7% X 222.07%] X Max HP = Minimum Shield = 124,435.92) So not a big leap over the minimum.

This seems a bit low to me, but at a 60% plus uptime on your shield this could be a factor of those minimal DS’ings to not waste runes. My only concern and something I’m not able to determine from logs is how much of that BS uptime is due to casting DS when you’re not actively tanking. If your pally buddy is doing the work and you’re using DS you will drive your average BS shell size down and your uptime up.

What are your thoughts on this?

Bone Shield uptimes are also very good 50%+, but again this is a bit hard to determine how you arrived at this uptime. Perhaps it was through excellent management of your toolkit, perhaps it was off-tanking with a swirling Bone Shield surrounding you. I like the uptime, but would like to hear your response on how you got there.

How are you using Vampiric Blood? You are using it regularly, but perhaps not as consistently as you could/would need to in a 25 HM environment. Talk to me about your thoughts on using it glyphed/unglyphed, in conjunction with other procs/spells etc.

You’ve got your 2pc so you could be Rune Tapping 3 times a minute for free. You use of Rune tap was low for those circumstances, but perhaps in line with the damage intake you’re facing. I would want to see this used very frequently. How are you tracking the availability/usefulness of this spell?

DRW use looks good to me, it seems you’re weaving this in regularly across all fights. How are you deciding when to use this spell? What spells do use when you have DRW up and running?

Army of the Dead and Death Pact use also looks good to me. I see these are more “OH SHIT” buttons and it seems you are being prudent with their use, but not leaving them totally unused, which is good.

Trinket use seems low and inconsistent. I would want to see trinkets used much like VB and Rune Tap. If they are available use them and weave them together in a pattern that aligns with their uptimes and CDs or in ways to maximize their benefit.

Perhaps I overlooked it, but I didn’t see any uses of your Empower Rune Weapon, why not? What is your philosophy on using this spell?

Post Script

Overall, not bad.

I can see that you are using the bulk of the tools at your disposal in ways that show success.

I do think you could be doing a few things better (VB, RT, Disease/Outbreak) but no glaring deficiencies.

I would like to hear your thoughts/personal conclusions on why you’re doing what you’re doing. I had a sense from some of your earlier posts that you were spouting from forums/posts of the big names in WoW tanking. This isn’t inherently a bad thing, but I would rather have a tank on our raid team that has taken information from the pros drawn their own conclusions/methods as well.

Ultimately my biggest concern is what seems to be to be a widening gap in 10s vs. 25s raiding as the Xpac progresses. The damage from your current experience to what you’d be stepping in to is significant. Help put these fears to bed with some well thought responses to what I’ve written above.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hip

What are you using to track the usefulness of Soul Reaper? i.e. health of the mob you’re actively attacking?

Something to consider; glyphed VB and procs to increase mastery impact Blood Shield generation. Mastery directly increases the shield whereas increased healing will boost the effect of your DS and thus your shield.

DRW with double diseases is great, good to hear you’re on top of that. You can refresh those second diseases with a BB right before DRW expires to maximize dps. Saving DRW for high vengeance/Runic Power to maximize if using as a DPS CD

I like what I'm reading here and think an interview would be great. I could do something today before 2 pm, or any weekday after 6pm EST.

Let me know what works for you gentlemen

Something to consider; glyphed VB and procs to increase mastery impact Blood Shield generation. Mastery directly increases the shield whereas increased healing will boost the effect of your DS and thus your shield.

Glyphed VB, or any buffs that increase/decrease healing done, don't affect blood shield. http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130560-blood_tanking_actively_mitigating_since_before_cool/#Frequently_Asked_Questions

"Q: My Death Strike heal gets increased by Vampiric Blood and other encounter specific buffs, why isn't my Blood Shield going up? Is that normal?

A: Yes, that's normal. While Death Strike healing is affected by Mortal Strike debuffs and +healing done/received buffs, Blood Shield ignores them (so we don't end up too good or too bad on encounters with +healing received/done and -healing received/done, respectively)."