528 Blood DK

Shaffer

Just picture 5 feet 3 inches of green-skinned death, roaring like a dragon as she leaps leaps into the largest visible group of mobs...

Oh good, and i can grip one out and mass grip them to me :D

@ Ashin - i work until 11pm EST on mondays, so i dont think that would work for me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picture 5 feet 3 inches of green-skinned death, roaring like a dragon as she leaps leaps into the largest visible group of mobs...

That's pretty much our Esta ;)

Onion%20108.gif You know me so well.

Oh good, and i can grip one out and mass grip them to me :D

Fisticuffs to the death if you do that. -.-

What other nights this week might you be available. I'd rather do something outside of your work time to be sure we can have all the positive vibes we can muster.

I can do any evening this week or Sunday late afternoon/night

It would be fine, if you remember i work in the mental health field, so there is alot of downtime. By 9pm my client will be in bed and i will just be sitting in the office. Other then that i wont be doing anything Tuesday afternoon maybe before you guys raid. But honestly tonight would be just fine.

It's typically very difficult for me to do weeknights, especially during the raid. I was hoping that I would be free tonight, but it turns out I still have more work to do for a class I am taking. From Tue to Thurs, I can just barely get home, make dinner, and get online in time for raids. And I generally refuse to do guild administrative work on Friday nights (that's called the sacred-ground rule).

So......

Not to sound uninterested, but for me to be involved, I need to push all the way back to Sat. or Sun. If you/Hip/Esta want to chat without me tonight, that's fine.

In the meantime..

Can you talk a little bit about your time as GM/Raid Leader during Cata? How did it come about that you started up a 10m guild? Your progression was really solid - that must have felt good. What happened after Dragon Soul? What do you miss the most about leading? What did you like the least about it? How does your experience as a raid leader impact your playstyle and in particular your approach to communication - with the team, with your healers, and with your co-tank?

Yea sure I can. Coming out of t11 and going into t12 I had just left the 25m I was raiding in due to personal differences as well as it only being a 2 day/week, and I wanted to raid a little bit more. At the time no guild on the server I was on needed full time tanks. So I decided to build my own. I gathered up some people I knew and some half decent people from the server to start up a10m, throughout the tier we cycled people in and out finding the right people with the same skill level so we could actually compete in heroic progression.

Finally at the end of Firelands we had a pretty decent group to go into Dragon Soul with. First week of DS we cleared normals and got ready for heroics. The next Tuesday we scored a pretty high morchok rank, at least for what we are used to. And steadily progressed on each boss. We landed our madness kill on March 26th, and if I recall that was 2 days after you guys killed it (soh may have been a whole different team back then). We farmed out ds in preparation for mop and had a pretty solid base to stand on fire the xpac, but sadly one of my officers didn't like that we logged on once a week for farm instead of being on every day doing old tier and what not, and decided to xfer with some of the members and make her own guild. So sadly that was the nail in the coffin for us. I Continued raiding with a guild called Fallen II originaly on Stone maul, but then moved to Tichondruis for the remainder of ds. Unfortunately for my raiding schedule I got married the week that the first tier of mop came out and fell behind in gear too much for progression and they ended up recruiting for the spot.

So once again I attempted to build my own 10m with some of the people from ds in hopes to have what we once did, but to keep this short my progression in the past 2 tiers ended up being what it is right now and just didn't end up working out.

What did I like about raid leading? I like being able to command a group correctly and get a kill. Its gratifying knowing that what you did was succesful with a group of people. I liked talking with my officers about a strat we were going to use and figure out who needed to do what, and then getting feedback every attempt on how we could better ourselfs to get a kill.

What did i not like about raid leading? I was one of the RLs who was too soft, so yelling at people for messing up was not my strong suit. I did not like the constant mias that would happen or having to recruit new people to fill some big shoes and not perform as well as they said they could. In a 10m trialing people and recruiting new raiders is a more difficult then a 25m, So that was always something i did not enjoy so much.

I miss raid leading a group of people who knew what they were doing, at least in DS i did not have to focus on each player not standing in fire or not pulling enough damage/heals. We had a really solid group of players and all i had to worry about was the strat and what we needed to execute to kill each boss.

As far as player impact of being a raid leader i would say raid leading is for sure a role in its own along with dps, healing and tanking. IF you think to sports does the coach get out on the field and play and tell his players what to do and score the most point on the team? no he commands from the side. So in this form you have to be the coach and the outstanding player all in one. SO i think for most everyone your play suffers a bit when being ni a raid leading position.

I would say maybe i may benifit more when it comes to communication with the raid since i have had that experiance opposed to someone who had just been a raider.

I think there were still plans to do some t14 stuff tonight around normal raid time, but I am relatively certain I would be forgiven for hopping out for a few minutes. I will be home about 6:30ish EST at the lastest, so tonight or before raid tomorrow would work well for me. I am essentially unavailable come Friday.