GW2 - Jacked Jackal

Jackal

Hi Everyone!

As things go, I was on the hunt for a new guild this past weekend. Lots of people talked up their guilds and gave me their speeches. Some even imposed invitations on me as if to say, "Something is better than nothing!" I wasn't looking for 'some thing' though. I was looking for a good thing, and I have a sneaking suspicion this is where all the good people go. ;)

I'm Jacked Jackal, though you can call me whatever you can come with. There are a lot of good puns that come with a name like 'Jack' and I'm a huge fan of word play. 

Guild Wars 2 is my first MMO is quite a while. I played Asheron's Call when I was in high school, though most people aren't familiar with it (I think Everquest was more popular at the time). I tried Diablo III, but it wasn't for me. So far as my GW2 characters go, I've got three 80s:

Jacked Jackal - Norn Mesmer

Ostentatious Ocelot - Asuran Elementalist

Bobcat Bombshell - Charr Engineer

My playstyle is all over the place, and I can really make a good time out of anything. Some days I've got my hardcore stare on where nothing can stand in my way, and other days I'm happy to do seemingly silly things like pick flowers and do jumping puzzles. I tend to lean more toward WvW, but sometimes the new content is distracting.

Outside of game, I live in Boston and work a 9 to 5 at a university. I'm in a philosophy and religious studies department, so I gather a lot of random facts and quotes from around the office. I just wrapped up a B.S. in psychology, so I've got a bit of time on my hands until I figure out what I'm doing for grad. school.

Other random facts:
I haven't owned a car in five years, and I drive maybe once a year.

I prefer the Green Mountains over the White Mountains, though it has nothing to do with color.

And the worst job I ever had was working in a tourist-trap lobster restaurant where I fell into a lobster tank once. 

Anyway, thanks for having me and looking forward to getting to know you better!

South of Heaven, where leaders go to retire. :p

That was totally tongue in cheek there, but anyways glad to see you over here. Can't say I wasn't expecting it, but I hope it doesn't leave any scars behind between you and CoF. I think you'll be a great addition to the guild though. (I'm still on my trial membership though so fingers crossed.)

Jacked -

Great to see your intro. I too haven't owned a car in quite a while (I'm coming up on 9 years - something about living in the city). 

I'm going to change your forum status to recruit, so you can start looking around (especially the 3 threads linked below - although we have many many good threads). Soon you will receive a PM from Fera on the forums (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please take a moment to read the following threads and reply in them. 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

I've also modified your rank in game to Recruit.

Cya in game!!!

What a wonderful introduction Jack, thank you. And welcome to the boards! I'm delighted you've decided to join us considering all of your other options.

I'll get you set up with Recruit status here on forums and get your in-game rank changed to Intern as well. Soon you will recieve a PM from me here on boards (look for red in the upper right corner).

Please take a moment to read the following threads and reply in them. 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

Cya in game!!!

ps -- lmbo about the lobster tank ^^