GW 2 into - Solstice

solstice

Hi there! I'm not playing GW2 at the moment, but I went through my own deal with my PTT key a couple years ago. It might sound crazy, but I settled on Caps Lock. Yeah, you'll type some things in all-caps at first; but if you go this route, pretty soon you'll get used to glancing at your caps lock key as you start typing.

Caps lock is one of those keys that doesn't make much sense to keybind in game, but for PTT it works out well. If you're using PTT you're less likely to need to type, so even the initial typing-in-caps problem is mitigated there.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have you here, Solstice! It's a pleasant surprise :)

The mesmer trainings were a lot of fun. My favorite was when Grieve had us all staring at the map when an enemy group broke into Garrison. They didn't see our huddle as they rushed to the gate, and we didn't see them because we all had the map open. Well, until someone (was it Jesuki?) said, "Um guys. There's a zerg right in front of us." 

You've got the GMs schedule, and there has been some banter and scheming about doing dungeons over the weekend. Glad you'll be on the roster so we can poke at you as these things come up. :)

Oops! I almost forgot! I sent you a /g invite -- all you need to do is accept and "represent" for, well, whatever brings you bliss :S

But not in WvW, please!  We had a brief kerfuffle over that recently.  People said it looked like cheating.  (Yes, I use the word kerfuffle).

Edited by Toobz

Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!

Rather than a string of replies, let me see if I can tackle a few of these at once:

"Faff". Learned that one from a Brit during my first deployment. One of my NCO's came into the office so happy that he got yelled at in British.

The small group of friends that I mentioned in my intro includes several Brits that I met through GW1, so I'm now familiar with all sorts of Britishisms, and I've done my share of "faffing about", been called a womble, etc.

Welcome welcome! I still owe you one for recording my elementalist workshop back in June :)

You have that backward I'm afraid -- CD still owes you one for the great training session and for being willing to share it on their forums.  I'm happy the recording turned out relatively well, and I learned some tricks that made subsequent recordings of other game sessions better.

The mesmer trainings were a lot of fun. My favorite was when Grieve had us all staring at the map when an enemy group broke into Garrison. They didn't see our huddle as they rushed to the gate, and we didn't see them because we all had the map open. Well, until someone (was it Jesuki?) said, "Um guys. There's a zerg right in front of us." 

I remember it well and it was Jesuki.  That was a fun session, and like all of them I got a lot out of it.

Upper Midwest eh? I'm from Wisconsin and Huntyre currently lives in Minnesota. I think Pride & Vanity are in Michigan.

See you at the GMs on Sunday!

I'm originally from Minnesota but now I live in North Dakota.

I doubt I'll be able to make every guild mission, but I'll do my best to attend as many of them as possible.

Do we get to see a few of your photo's? :)

I promise that if I ever take a photo that's not just another typical vacation photo, I'll be certain to share.

Thanks again everyone!

Solstice

Edited by solstice