Wildstar Intro - Corruptor

mattplex

Hi guys!

First off, just want to say I am pretty happy to have finally found a guild that suits my needs. I looked long and hard to find a guild and all I could find was hardcore guilds that needed to raid 3-4 times a week. I'm not saying I'm a filthy casual, but I do have other things in my life that couldn't allow such a schedule. :D

Intro part now!

My name is Matt and I am from Canada.

My MMO experience spans from FFXI to FFXIV. Inbetween, EQ2, CoH/CoV, CO, WoW, AoC, TOR, Rift, and probably others that I don't remember. I usually played with my friends, but for this game, I think they are all burned out after FFXIV, considering how plain and boring it was. Which is why I had been looking for a guild to join. I do not want to venture into Nexus by myself!

I love MMOs with MEAT. Lot of things to do, lot of flavour. Thats why I really enjoyed CoH/V, Rift and EQ2. Never a dull moment. In EQ2, when they gave away the free Lv 85 characters, I used one to just hunt Lore and Legend quests around the land to collect weapons for my house. Thats the kind of stuff I love. Not mindless quest hub jumping, although I realize that is required to level up. I feel that Wildstar will have that kind of meat.

I will be making a Cassian Warrior named Corruptor. Took me about 30 minutes to get the name, as all of my other names were taken because I couldn't access the reserve system at work. (Damn work computers with IE8...)

About me!

I'm 30, but I act 20 (doesn't everyone in this day and age). I like to collect things. I like comics (Marvel only), stopped collecting a few years ago, as well as Marvel cards, I have a few full sets I bought a few years ago that I always wanted as a kid. I like retro gaming, got a nice little collection of SNES and NES carts. I like hockey (natch), and I like wrestling, hadn't watched it in about 6 years, but I started watching and keeping up a lot more lately.

Any questions!? Let me know! Really excited to party up with you dudes :lol:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruh roh, someone else who says "natch".  Can we allow that?!

Nice intro Matt from Canada.  I'm going to set you up with Guest access for now so that you can roam our forums a bit and see all our pre-launch fuss.

Do you know how to cook and, if so, what's your specialty?  What's your favorite drink?

Hey there Matt! Glad you found us :] Do you have Battletoads? And if you don't have Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 (3 doesn't count) than you can get outta my face.

You shoulda seen us on reservation day, we all wore out our F5 keys.

What's your favorite Marvel comic? 

I do have Battletoads. And I do have all the DKCs.

Favourite Marvel comic? Not going back too far, I really loved Planet Hulk and Old Man Logan.

And I am a Deadpool hipster. I collected him before he was cool.

Ruh roh, someone else who says "natch".  Can we allow that?!

Nice intro Matt from Canada.  I'm going to set you up with Guest access for now so that you can roam our forums a bit and see all our pre-launch fuss.

Do you know how to cook and, if so, what's your specialty?  What's your favorite drink?

Cooking? Ehhhhhhh Hamburger Helper and Mac & Cheese? lol Drink? Non-alcoholic, Iced Tea (Canadian Iced Tea, so its already sweetened), alcoholic, this lemon vodka from Poland.

Welcome to forums, Matt!  Calling someone by their actual name is so awkward.  You need a forum/in-game handle!

Do you collect anything other than Marvel comics/cards and NES/SNES games?

Does your retro gaming include Atari and/or old text-based PC games?

Favorite color?

Dos thou liketh anime(Japanese, natch) - ranging from old (1970s-ish) to current.

Welcome to forums, Matt!  Calling someone by their actual name is so awkward.  You need a forum/in-game handle!

Do you collect anything other than Marvel comics/cards and NES/SNES games?

Does your retro gaming include Atari and/or old text-based PC games?

Favorite color?

Dos thou liketh anime(Japanese, natch) - ranging from old (1970s-ish) to current.

Well you can call me Corruptor I guess hahaha

No I do not collect Atari. I only collect for nostalgic purposes, and I only had a SNES and NES when I was younger.

Color? Purple

Anime? Ehhh I only have a few anime at home. Akira, Berserk and Hellsing haha Not much at alllll. But I do want to eventually buy Kinnikuman, cause Japan knows their wrestling!

Slow down there Chef Ramsey, also lemon vodka sounds delicious. 

hehehe I'm more of a Guy Fieri type of guy.

Great intro, Matt from Canada! It's very nice to make your acquaintance and I look forward to getting to know you and playing with you in Wildstar!

Please make yourself at home. And ... don't feed the bears.

I'm from Alberta... We know not to feed the bears!