Wildstar Intro - Etoro

Etoro

Hello everyone, I'm shooting this out here for you guys as my Wildstar application.  I was found on the wildstar forums by Zach while looking for a guild.  I'm Forrest.  I go by it, Etoro, or Moose which are both names i usually use in games.  I'm no stranger to MMO's as I've played everything ranging from UO, EQ, WoW, swotr, warhammer, and countless other similar games.  I've always considered myself a semi-hardcore player.  I love seeing endgame content but in no way am I an elitist that has to see it first.  That takes the fun outta it and it is a game afterall.  As far as class/race I'm pretty open to doing whatever the guild needs to fill raid spots!  I'm a 24 year old guy who has a great job working at the zoo.  I do to hang out with exotic animals all day and use them to teach kids!  If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm an open book.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GDI hunt beat me to it...I wanted to have the first 'welcome!' post for a change. Alas. 

That said: Welcome! I have a few questions:

1) Dogs or Cats?

2) Can you cook?

3) Are you prepared to have all personal style choices judged by the guild (read: Inedit and Ashin)? 

4) What is your favourite beverage that has an alcohol content of 40% or higher?

5) Prove an+bn = cn where n > 2

Edited by Tinymanz

Ok, lets try and wade through the sea of inquiries!

GDI hunt beat me to it...I wanted to have the first 'welcome!' post for a change. Alas. 

That said: Welcome! I have a few questions:

1) Dogs or Cats?

2) Can you cook?

3) Are you prepared to have all personal style choices judged by the guild (read: Inedit and Ashin)? 

4) What is your favourite beverage that has an alcohol content of 40% or higher?

5) Prove an+bn = cn where n > 2

1) Depends on the day, I have 4 cats and 2 dogs.  My favorite pet I've had though were my hedgehogs

2) I pride myself on my ability to make really good food.  Most people think im great with a microwave but they haven't really seen me behind a range.

3) You can judge my style all you want, I promise to give you a lot to talk about seeing as style is something I lack.

4) Do I have to choose one? =( I guess I'll have to go with Ole Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine

5) Ahhhh the old Fermat's Last Theorem.  Well rather than me type it all out I'll send you to a link I was given back in school explaining it. http://arxiv.org/ftp/math/papers/9810/9810027.pdf

Welcome!!  How big is the zoo you work in?  What's your favorite animal there?  

The zoo I'm at has roughly 1500 animals at any given time.  My favorite animals are African lions but that's not my favorite animal there.  Even though the zoo I'm at has African Lions, I love our Javan Gibbons.  Mostly because we are lucky to have them.  If memory serves me correct (numbers may have changed since i last heard this), my zoo is only one of two AZA accredited zoos allowed to breed the endangered animal in the US.  Only 6 have been born at accredited zoos world wide and two of them have been at our zoo.  That's why they hold a special place in my heart.

Welcome, Etoro!

Your job sounds fantastic and amazing!

What are your comments on the baby sea lion that recently scampered into a boat to snuggle?

As cruel as it sounds, I think it should of been pushed back into the sea.  Nature is a cruel bitch but she knows what shes doing.  The strong survive and the weak perish.  That's where we as people have become a weak species.  If the seal had to get a place to rest then it probably wasn't strong enough to survive.  In a sense it helped contribute to weaker genes making it to further generations.  Plus human interaction with wild animals should be kept at a minimum because now it may feel that humans are a good thing and when it jumps onto another boat it might not be so lucky.  Now that I'm off my animal soapbox I'll say it was probably pretty damn cute, I need to find the video.

Welcome to the forums !!

Talk about a cool job, do you have to work with those huge snakes as well? 

On a daily basis the largest one I work with is a 7 ft Indigo Snake but I have worked with 20 ft. Burmese Pythons.  Snakes get a bad rap, they really are a lot of fun and do have personalities.

Are you... petting a lion in your avatar picture?

O____O

I mean: Hello! Welcome to SoH!

Your job sounds awesome. Do you ever get the urge to sneak an animal home in your pocket? :D

I love all the videos I've seen of pet hedgehogs! They seem so adorable! How's maintenance on the little critters? What kind of dogs do you have?

See you around ^_^