Wildstar intro - Malixx

Malixx

Hey guys,

My in-game name is reserved as Malixx (Malix was taken HGAAAASKJLGdbklBFS), my real name is Ben.  I'm going to be playing a spellslinger mainly as DPS, with a healing offspec (obviously).  I've been playing MMO's since EQ, but never really got serious about raiding until WOTLK in WoW.  I was the #1/#2 Hunter on my server for the entirety of that expansion, constantly switching between another hunter in the same guild.  I played semi competitive in HoN and consider myself among the top players in a game called SMITE.  I've become more PvP oriented as far as my gaming style over the past few years, mainly due to a lack of challenge in raid content.  I don't think I've ever been this excited about raid content in a game in a VERY long time.  My goals will be to see all PvE content, and maintain a competitive presence in the PvP environment.  

Outside my gaming life, I play in a band as lead guitarist that sounds like what critics call, "a clash of breaking benjamin and metallica".  We call ourselves "from this fire" (shameless plug inc -> www.fromthisfire.com)

I work at a datacenter for a living, maintaining operations and crisis containment.  I live in the overcrowded-with-old-people sunshine state, and love to complain about slow drivers in the fast lane.

From what I've read on the forums, SoH seems like the perfect home for me.  Poking around the SoH forums a bit, everyone here seems mature and friendly.  Gaming backgrounds look extensive, which is something I always look for.  

Hopefully SoH has room for me among its ranks. I look forward to meeting all of you and building warplots no one is able to pass!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll set you up with Guest access so you can move around a bit more freely and get a better idea of what the guild (and it's members) are all about.

I"m sure one of the WS Chapter Lead's or Officers will be along shortly with more information for you.

Until then, welcome and enjoy your stay.

I can't STAND people who do the speed limit (or under) in the fast lane.  Do they not teach people that this lane is for passing?  That was drilled in my head when I was getting my license.

And if they briefly spaced out, or are just feeling mellow - which is totally fine - why don't they at least change to the middle lane when they see a bunch of people backed up behind them???

Hey, do you ever do this: sometimes I go out of my way to be somewhat dramatic when I pass them via the middle lane and purposely cut right in front of them before speeding away.  It's like my desperate last hope that they will realize they don't belong in that lane. :mad:

I can't STAND people who do the speed limit (or under) in the fast lane.  Do they not teach people that this lane is for passing?  That was drilled in my head when I was getting my license.

And if they briefly spaced out, or are just feeling mellow - which is totally fine - why don't they at least change to the middle lane when they see a bunch of people backed up behind them???

Hey, do you ever do this: sometimes I go out of my way to be somewhat dramatic when I pass them via the middle lane and purposely cut right in front of them before speeding away.  It's like my desperate last hope that they will realize they don't belong in that lane. :mad:

Oh, I most certainly do.  And in the extreme cases, I like to give a little love tap on my breaks before speeding off, just as a last little parting gift  :cool:

I go by Jack online, but when I'm not logged in, I'm also Ben. After reading your intro, I knew I had to check out your site if for nothing other than the fact that we're the only two Bens in the guild (to my knowledge). From This Fire's 'The Serenade' EP is great! I loved 'Days Go By' and 'Dreams'. I may be listening to 'Dreams' again as I post this.

A few questions, just for fun :)

What's your best dance move?

What's one of your guilty pleasures?

Do you ever play weddings? If so, did it involve performing the chicken dance song?

Did you use Red Bull or Ritalin to achieve your #1 Hunter ranking? I'm not one to judge, just looking for pointers!

Welcome to SoH!

Edited by Jackal

Well sir, you have a fantastic name, if i may.  And thanks for giving it a listen!  We have new material coming out soon, I'll be sure to let you know when its out!

What's your best dance move? - None, I'm white.  Unless head banging counts.

What's one of your guilty pleasures? - Musicals.  Say it in front my friends and I'll deny it.

Do you ever play weddings? If so, did it involve performing the chicken dance song?  Lol, we have never played weddings, nor do we ever intend to.  I have however, played many hookah lounges by myself just with an acoustic.  Mostly covering tenacious D and oldies.

Did you use Red Bull or Ritalin to achieve your #1 Hunter ranking? I'm not one to judge, just looking for pointers!  I use to be big in to theory crafting back in the day, min/maxing and all that wonderful stuff.  I wrote many a strats for ranged DPS in general for certain boss fights.  I would have to credit Dufor (other hunter) for most of my success.  I don't think either of us would have been as top tier as we were without each other.  He was the left brain and I was the right.

Please do let me know about your next EP/album. I couldn't access the self titled album because I don't use iTunes, which was a bit of a bummer after hearing the other songs. 

And thanks for playing along! Those last two questions were a little ridiculous just for the sake of being so. Good to know that you have experience in theory crafting, though. Threads always pop up about how to build, and it sounds like you can contribute with or without 'going down the rabbit hole'. (Theory crafting can get nuts, but you know that.)

I won't tell your friends about anything, but I will recommend that you see Book of Mormon. Just don't make my mistake and see it with religious parents. The whole 'Fuck you God' song didn't go over so well with them, but I thought the show was a lot of fun. The caveat is that it's a bit more forgettable than other musicals.

Edited by Jackal

Thank you for the great intro and welcome to the forums. Your mindset going into WS seems very similar to my own.

Have you ever listened to Mudvayne? If so, would you consider them "Metal?"

Are we to see an intro post from your left brain? Are you still in contact with him?

Have you ever had any classical instruments mixed into any of your songs? I've been recorded playing my cello by a local band, and it turned out pretty sick.

Please do let me know about your next EP/album. I couldn't access the self titled album because I don't use iTunes, which was a bit of a bummer after hearing the other songs. 

And thanks for playing along! Those last two questions were a little ridiculous just for the sake of being so. Good to know that you have experience in theory crafting, though. Threads always pop up about how to build, and it sounds like you can contribute with or without 'going down the rabbit hole'. (Theory crafting can get nuts, but you know that.)

I won't tell your friends about anything, but I will recommend that you see Book of Mormon. Just don't make my mistake and see it with religious parents. The whole 'Fuck you God' song didn't go over so well with them, but I thought the show was a lot of fun. The caveat is that it's a bit more forgettable than other musicals.

We have a single lined up to be releases some time this summer.  Still working out the kinks.  Haha, I'll be sure to watch that with non-religious folk.  I myself am, but that kind of stuff doesn't bother me.

Thank you for the great intro and welcome to the forums. Your mindset going into WS seems very similar to my own.

Have you ever listened to Mudvayne? If so, would you consider them "Metal?"

Are we to see an intro post from your left brain? Are you still in contact with him?

Have you ever had any classical instruments mixed into any of your songs? I've been recorded playing my cello by a local band, and it turned out pretty sick.

I personally don't listen to them, but I know my drummer does.  I've heard him mention them a few times.  I'll have to ask his opinion on them.  I'm more in to bands like periphery, dream theater, alter bridge, tesseract, ect.  progressive metal i guess.

Dufor now has a wife and kids, and a very promising career as a lead systems engineer for a company who specializes in red hat server environments.  He doesn't have too much time for games anymore.  He's played the beta here and there.  If he decides to get more involved, I'll make sure the first thing he does is make a post here.

we have a few classical instruments in a few intros to new material, but nothing too extensive.  If you are familiar with a band called "skillet", they ALWAYS have strings on many of their songs.