Wildstar intro - Brixz

Brixz

Once upon a time... in a galaxy far far away... ok it was really Ohio, but might as well been the outer rim...  I started on this adventure in MMO's.  I picked up Star Wars Galaxies.   Super pimp game... I remember walking across a zone for like 5 hours straight and not seeing anything..  Yeah great way to start my MMO experience eh?  

Well next came WOW.  I found a group of like minded folk on the Windrunner server and by the time we were done we were 21st in the nation and a super hardcore raiding guild.  I recall the 9+ hour runs through the Molten Core and falling asleep mid run on Rag attempts.   I would call that dedication I suppose?   I was the assistant GM and we did 40 mans every chance we got. 

Our guild playing up through Wrath and then finally got bored and saddened by the changes that WOW brought upon us.  We were looking for that vanilla experience.  I picked up every MMO possible and played around as much as possible.  Too many looking back did I play.  Actually just did a reunion tour as I called it and leveled up a character to take a trip down memory lane.. good times..

I took up the GM mantle and took a group through SWTOR.  We actually had some server and I believe some unofficial world firsts when it came to the world bosses.  Tons of youtube videos if anyone is interested.  Good group of dedicated guys that cleared all the content.  We kinda got defeated when the game kept handing us broken Soa on hard mode :(  

Since then I have semi retired always looking for something to play and a group to call home that would be a part of my gaming life.  I don't have the time to run the guild or build the websites like I used to, but definitely want to get back into the swing of things.  There is still a core group of guys that I game with that are on the fence about the game, but if they do play it would be a troupe of us I suppose... ;)

Ok so that was like "brief" in terms of my gaming background... feel free to pick the brain otherwise... :p

My real life side is a little more busy then it used to be... Im in my mid 30's with two boys, 5 months and 3.5.  I am a school teacher.  I teach high school mathematics, I teach college mathematics, and I am finishing up a masters degree.  I live in sunny south florida where we ride motorcycles and fish and boat on a weekly basis.  My game time usually is a few hours in the afternoon before everyone gets home and then 9 EST and after.  Basically when my kids are in the house they are my priority.  Oh and my wife gets some love now and again... However she understands and accepts my gaming priorities.  :) 

So there you have a glimpse of this old man.  If you want me you can have me... ;)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!  Other more articulate people will be along shortly, but since I'm first, I'll start grilling asking questions.

What part of Ohio? 

I'm extremely jealous of your summer all the time lifestyle.  

You're in good company, I'm pretty sure that mid 30's is just just middle of the pack here.

Edited by Toobz

Hi Brixz! Welcome.

That was a read. You sound like you have your hands full, much like many of us. :D (Pride and I have 3 boys: 18 months, 3 (will be on the 31st) and 12). SW:G was a phenomenal title (pre-CU) and we LOVED that game; it still holds some of our favorite memories of gaming.

What drew you to SoH? How big is a troupe? Do you dance?

I've upgraded you to guest so that you can move about the forums, get involved and get to know peoples.

Welcome, fellow crypt keeper!

Motorcycles, you say?  Are you HD?  Japanese import?  Italian?  Custom?

Ewwwww, math!  Using the transitive property, connect 2 of the most outlandish things together.........aaaaaaaaaaand go!

I grew up about an hour east of Columbus in Coshocton county, and then lived and worked up in Cleveland during my summers of college.  I have been in Florida for about 8 years now and I can't go back to Ohio without getting depressed especially in the winter.  LOL

You are from Boston?  I am sure you can relate to that miserable cold and grey for unending days! lol