Wildstar Intro - Baromega

Gnuffy

Hello all, Baromega here!

I've been lurking around your forum for a few hours after reading your recruitment post over at /r/WSGuilds. This community seems really big and welcoming so I decided to join!

I've been playing MMOs since middle school (currently in college) and like most, the majority of my MMO time was spent in World of Warcraft. I was a casual player for a long time in that game but with Cataclysm I decided to give raiding a shot as a healer. Turn out I was pretty good at it and was leading my guild's side team by the end of the expansion. During Mists of Pandaria our guild/raid leader got really busy and I ended up leading our main team through all tiers of content. Unfortunately my computer broke down around January and wasn't fixed until March/April and the raid team has succumbed to attendence issues + general burnout (new content isn't due until much later in the year). And that's where Wildstar comes in!

Found out about this game during their big PAX debut years ago and have been casually following ever since. I've participated in the beta since the winter session, but I honestly disliked the game in its earlier stages. It wasn't until their quest and UI overhauls did I give it another look and boy am I hooked. I'll probably be playing a Warrior to start off with but who knows what I'll get to cap with first. I'm interested in Wildstar's 20 man raiding, although as a former raid leader 40 man sounds like a managerial nightmare and I pity the guys who have to set that up. Now all that's left is to find a guild to go through the leveling process/dungeons with and I'm hoping South of Heaven can be that guild. Can't wait to see you all in game!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there and welcome!

Your raiding history just about coincides with my own. I started healing raids at the end of ICC in Wrath but didn't really know the ABCs of progression raiding until we got into Cataclysm (those cata 5-man heroics really whetted my appetite for moar resto druid! too bad mana management became trivial in subsequent tiers :( ). I moved to bear-tanking in early Dragon Soul and stuck with it the rest of the way. By the time we cleared all of Throne of Thunder, we had run out of gas as our main raid leadership (including myself) turned more attention to RL pursuits and nobody was able to step in and lead the raid the way we would have wanted.

I'm with you one hundred thousand percent in feeling sorry for the people managing a 40-spot raid team! :p Handling 25 spots was a full time job on its own, not even counting encounter prep or the raiding itself!

The only thing about your intro that causes me any concern (and it may just be ambiguous wording) is that you say your next step is to find a guild to go through the leveling/dungeons process. Do you have your eye on another group for raiding, or for the future generally? In WoW we got to the point where we were simply recruiting for raid spots, but that's not the case here. Now, we have the opportunity to go back to looking for applicants to join SoH the guild, rather than SoH the raid team. I'm not trying to browbeat you (though I do generate quite a bit of hot air sometimes); I just want to be extra clear on this point. :D

Cheers!

I've set your access to "Guest" so that you can view our forums at your leisure.  Welcome to the forums!

Re: GoT -- We have a time-honored tradition that GoT must be discussed in each and every raid/dungeon/arena that we're in.  Are you on-board with this?

Welcome to the forums, and Wildstar just came online !!!

Big Game of Thrones fan? We have a thread for that, it's called Hodor. :)

Thanks and yes I am! And that WS news would be totally awesome if I wasn't studying for 4 finals right now :(

Since cake is in the name I am going to have to assume it belongs to that family. You have chosen wisely! New York style is delicious!

Sound logic, I'll allow it!

Hi there and welcome!

Your raiding history just about coincides with my own. I started healing raids at the end of ICC in Wrath but didn't really know the ABCs of progression raiding until we got into Cataclysm (those cata 5-man heroics really whetted my appetite for moar resto druid! too bad mana management became trivial in subsequent tiers :( ). I moved to bear-tanking in early Dragon Soul and stuck with it the rest of the way. By the time we cleared all of Throne of Thunder, we had run out of gas as our main raid leadership (including myself) turned more attention to RL pursuits and nobody was able to step in and lead the raid the way we would have wanted.

I'm with you one hundred thousand percent in feeling sorry for the people managing a 40-spot raid team! :p Handling 25 spots was a full time job on its own, not even counting encounter prep or the raiding itself!

The only thing about your intro that causes me any concern (and it may just be ambiguous wording) is that you say your next step is to find a guild to go through the leveling/dungeons process. Do you have your eye on another group for raiding, or for the future generally? In WoW we got to the point where we were simply recruiting for raid spots, but that's not the case here. Now, we have the opportunity to go back to looking for applicants to join SoH the guild, rather than SoH the raid team. I'm not trying to browbeat you (though I do generate quite a bit of hot air sometimes); I just want to be extra clear on this point. :D

Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome. And sorry for the confusion, that's on me I should have been more clear. The only guild to have caught my eye is this one and I have no intention of going elsewhere to raid.

Welcome and yeah.. what he said. All three of them. 

Thanks for the welcome!

I've set your access to "Guest" so that you can view our forums at your leisure.  Welcome to the forums!

Re: GoT -- We have a time-honored tradition that GoT must be discussed in each and every raid/dungeon/arena that we're in.  Are you on-board with this?

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Edited by Baromega

Welcome, Baromega!

I'm excited that you think SoH is it for you! Dany is one of my favorite characters and, um, she surprised me this week!

I've gone ahead and sent you a welcome message with some info, please read when you have the opportunity.

Until then:

Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?