Wildstar Intro - Terse

Terse

ohhhhh haaaaaaaai.

my name is elly rainbow (f'rl) and i'm 40 and live in Cross Plains, WI with my bf and our four cats. i'm an administrative assistant to the R&D Rigging department at Electronic Theatre Controls. (that sounds so fancy.)

i generally eschew caps. UNLESS I AM A SPAZ.

gaming experience: i started online gaming in ummmm 1995? with the DragonLance MUD on arctic.org. i skipped EverQuest because i was afraid of what it would do to my grades - i still believe this to be a very smart decision. :D at any rate, i hopped on the WoW wagon shortly after launch and have been in many MMOs since then. in WoW i've run the gamut - done a lot of progression raiding (including running the DKP), collected ALL the minipets (okay, not all, but i do have the Crazy Cat Lady title in game as well as irl) and done pickup groups galore. i've played a lot of SW:TOR, GW2 and flirted briefly with a number of others (LOTRO, DDO, AoC, Tera). also, i started playing D&D when i was ten. :)

so i subscribe to the "Nerd w/Social Skills" package. Sherlock, Hannibal, GoT, Doctor Who, Star Wars, etc. i am not sad that Firefly was canceled and i think JJ Abrams will do a good job. oh, and David Tennant is the best doctor.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

i am not sad that Firefly was canceled and i think JJ Abrams will do a good job. 

This we need to discuss.

Do you think Firefly was not a good show, or do you feel that it would have eventually declined and therefore ending early allows it to serve as a golden ideal of sci-fi television?

Welcome!

This we need to discuss.

Do you think Firefly was not a good show, or do you feel that it would have eventually declined and therefore ending early allows it to serve as a golden ideal of sci-fi television?

What Toobz said. *hoping it's the latter*

i think it was a good show, and there are aspects of it that i enjoyed (any show that has Christina Hendricks as a guest star is good by me). i just don't see it as the be-all, end-all that everyone seems to think it is.  i'm also not the biggest fan of the Western genre, even if it is mixed with space. i think it deserves a re-watch,  but mostly i just didn't much like the River storyline. (odd, because i don't like River Song in Doctor Who either. what do i have against rivers??) 

also, it's a rare show that doesn't eventually decline without active changes (like regeneration). :)

Hellooo!  Welcome to SoH!  What are you looking forward to the most in Wildstar?  Have you decided what you're going to play?

i think i'm going to start as a Stalker, if i can find a race that i'd like to pair with it. i had/have a Mordesh Stalker that i love, but since y'all are Dominion i'll have to make some changes. Draken, likely.  or i'll do a Chua Engineer. :)  probably DPS, either way.

You're answer is acceptable.   :p  

I didn't care for River Song, either.  I actually really dislike the general boy-girl relationships with the Doctor in the recent incarnations, I think it's just unnecessary.  (Although now I've probably irritated you re: David Tennant.)

Moving right along.  What was the first video game you remember playing?  Mine was Zork.

You're answer is acceptable.   :p  

I didn't care for River Song, either.  I actually really dislike the general boy-girl relationships with the Doctor in the recent incarnations, I think it's just unnecessary.  (Although now I've probably irritated you re: David Tennant.)

Moving right along.  What was the first video game you remember playing?  Mine was Zork.

your* ;)

no. i love DT, i hate the Rose character. drove me NUTS. i think so far Donna and the Ponds have been my fav companions.  sounds like a band name.

the first video game i remember playing was i think a dice game in Basic. right around the same time as Oregon Trail/Lemonade Stand. i've never contracted dysentery, thankfully!