Application to Join guild

Hudd

Hello SoH,

My real name is Tommy and I am interested in joining your guild.  I am 30 years old and married.  I live in Louisiana and work as a petroleum engineer.  My MMO experience is in both Guild Wars 2 and WoW.  I primarily payed WoW and used to be in a hardcore progression guild with mandatory attendance back when i had much more time to play the game 2006-2010.  From 2010 on I looked for guilds that were a little more laid back but still had quality players that could understand boss mechanics and enjoyed progressing and playing together.  From what i have read about this guild it sounds like a good group of people that i believe i would be a good fit for.  The Raid times for Wildstar are perfect for me and will be able to have good attendance.

I still have not decided what i am going to roll as my main yet.  In WoW my main was in enhancement/elemental Shaman named Shudz on kel'thuzad server.  So I am leaning towards stalker or Warrior, but have also thought about spellslinger.  I would be interested in any discussion or opinions on what other people think about these classes or if the guild has more need for one over the other. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tommy H.

Welcome Tommy/Hudd - someone will be along shortly to change your access to Guest so you can browse our forums and get a chance to mingle with our other members and new recruits.

also.. you will be bombarded with a variety of questions that may or may not have anything to do with, well... anything.

In the meantime, enjoy your stay.

p.s. We currently look to have a large number of SS, but have a shortage of Stalkers and Warriors. That's just a snapshot of what people are thinking pre-launch though.

Hi Tommy,  Welcome!

We have a poll up that wildly swings from one side to another.  Just when you think... hmmm we need more engineers, 4 show up.   At this point I think you can safely play whatever interests you!

Does your wife play?  (Mine doesn't).  We have a lot of gaming couples here, but we also have a lot of people who balance game / family time.

What did you play in GW2?  Do you still play, or have you left the game?

Hi and welcome! :)

Guest access set; go ahead and have a look around the forums.

What's your favorite raid role? Did you love your enh/ele or secretly want to heal or tank? Thankfully with only six classes with two roles each, I expect that raid balance should be much easier to manage than it has become in WoW.

You'll probably notice that we do have a GW2 chapter, and they always like meeting new people as well! ;) I'll be over there a couple times a week for WvW and sPvP things myself.

Hey Tom!

Whats a day in the life of a petroleum engineer?  Do you enjoy doing it or does it just pay the bills?  If you had to pick your favorite boss fight in a game which would you pick and why?

Additionally are you one of the poor souls who will be attempting to brave the disconnects and rush headlong into the game on release day or will you be playing a week or so thereafter?

Welcome aboard!

I don't play guild wars 2 anymore and have been on a break from WoW for the last few months playing some other games and waiting for wildstar.  My wife is not a gamer she is actually graduating from med school this weekend and starts her residency very soon so she doesn't have time for anything haha.  But her older brother is a big time gamer and him and i both have recently built new custom gaming PCs.  I am going to be with him this weekend and am going to try to get him to give wildstar a shot.

I really did enjoy my enhancement shaman for the most part through some of the expansions i rolled him as a healer he was my main from halfway through burning crusades on.  Before BC my priest was my main.  I also have max level DK, Monk, and Priest. 

I am planning on getting started on the Head start and braving the disconnects.  And as far a a petroleum engineer goes i really like it.  I get to do a little traveling and design oil and gas wells all over from pad development to wellbore design and treatment and then putting them online for production.  Its a nice balance of spending time in the office and being outside the office a few days a month.  There are alot of good opportunities in the job.