Wildstar Intro - Avenge

Avenge

Hello South of Heaven!

As the Wildstar Open Beta drew to a close, I realized two things: 1. That I really wanted to play more Wildstar 2. I would have much more fun if I found a good group of people to enjoy it with.  Since then I've been on the hunt for a guild and stumbled upon one of your recruitment messages the other day.  After a few days of stalking...I mean exploring the website, I think this might be a great place for me to hang my hat.    

About Me:  I'm 28, work full time and live just north of Austin, Texas.  My real name is Rob and I'm married, don't have any kids yet, but I have a dog that my wife and I treat like kid.  Outside of work and games I like to travel, workout and run (sometimes even as long as a half marathon), read, watch TV with my wife and try different types of beer.  I'm also an avid New York Giants fan who lives behind enemy lines.  

Gaming History:  My Aunt bought me a Nintendo when I was three and haven't put down the controller since.  My favorite genres are MMOs and FPS, but I'll play anything as long as I'm having fun.  I got into MMOs in 2005 with Wow and played on and off until 2011.  I raided as a prot warrior in BC and as a prot paladin and bear druid during WOTLK .  I also have raid experience as melee DPS (fury warrior and enhance Shaman).  After WoW, I started playing GW2 at launch and still play WvW several times a week on Tarnished Coast as a Guardian. I've also dabbled in SWOTR, Rift, NWO, ESO and FFXIV, but never for a significant amount of time.  I enjoy raiding, but my favorite parts of MMOs are tanking dungeons and team oriented PvP.

Why Wildstar: I really enjoy WvW in GW2, but I don't really find the PVE side of the house fulfilling anymore.  I'm looking forward to leveling a few of the tanking classes and getting lost in veteran dungeons, adventures and raids.  I'm also very interested in Warplots and PVP.  I'll be leveling either a engineer or stalker at launch.

Why South of Heaven:  I love games; they're my favorite past time.  I just don't have the time to devote to them like I used to and my family and my career come first.  Reading your recruitment messages and browsing the website, it seems that you all understand where I'm coming from and have developed a community of like minded individuals.  You also have goals, a vision and make the most of the time you do spend gaming with a proven track record. Oh, your raid times work with my schedule so that's a plus.  And you like smashing the other faction which is cool.

So that about wraps it up.  Thanks for your time and bring on the questions!

-Avenge 

Ahoy!

While quite new myself, I very much agreed this is the place to be hanging hats.  Hope the memorial day weekend is treating you well and you're getting some decent cookout weather.

- Has your affection for beer brought you to be much of a beer snob or are you able to enjoy any beers fairly well?  Do you have a particular favorite or hard to obtain beer that you enjoy telling people about?

- What is one of the first games you recall beating/completing?

- Where is one place you still would like to travel?

- Take any movie, book, TV Show or video game you can completely wipe from your memory and play fresh through for the first time.  What media is it?  Why?

I imagine more questions will roll in once people awaken from their weekend food and drink coma's.

Welcome Avenge!

What kind of running shoes do you prefer?  I've been burning through pairs of Brooks Pure Cadence for the last few years.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your chosen profession?  I'm an Environmental Scientist and it seems Texas is a hot bed for people, like myself. that have Geology degrees.

Edited by Reign

What's the name of your dog?

What is the most recent stupid thing you've done in a game?

1. Scout.  She's a mutt but mostly American Bulldog

2. I'll use a Wildstar example.  I had just hit level 15 on my stalker in the Beta and jumped right in to the first dominion adventure as a tank.  Earlier that day I had completed the Exile Adventure on my Engineer so I was pretty confident it wouldn't be too difficult.  From the first pull on, no matter what I did I could not hold threat.  I tried changing my abilities, taunting on cooldown, asking the group to give me some time to build threat before they attacked; nothing worked.  We eventually makes it through the adventure, but only after several wipes.  I pride myself on being a halfway decent tank so by the time we're done, I'm pissed.  I go back through all the stalker's abilities and finally realize that the stalker has 3 different class stances, one for assault support and utility.  I had run the entire adventure in assault stance and not the support one which increased threat by 200%.... 

- Has your affection for beer brought you to be much of a beer snob or are you able to enjoy any beers fairly well?  Do you have a particular favorite or hard to obtain beer that you enjoy telling people about?

- What is one of the first games you recall beating/completing?

- Where is one place you still would like to travel?

- Take any movie, book, TV Show or video game you can completely wipe from your memory and play fresh through for the first time.  What media is it?  Why?

1.  No, I wouldn't say I'm much of a beer snob.  The only thing that kind of turns me off are overly fruity beers.  I don't mind a hint of something, but when it tastes like its 50% fruit, 40% percent sugar and 10% beer I'm not a huge fan.  I lived in Georgia for a little while and miss the Sweetwater beers.  It's a small brewery outside of Atlanta. 

2.  Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.  I beat plenty of games before it, but that was the first game where I spent months collecting and completing all the side objectives.

3.  Costa Rica.  I did a report on its political history in college and I've wanted to visit it ever since.

4.  Definitely the show Lost.  I watched every episode the first night they aired (almost all...I only missed 2 shows in six seasons), but never went back to re-watched any of them. I enjoyed it, but the story was never fresh in my mind and I felt like I was always missing something.  I'd love to wipe it all from my mind and then watch all six seasons back to back in one binge marathon.  

The only thing that kind of turns me off are overly fruity beers.  I don't mind a hint of something, but when it tastes like its 50% fruit, 40% percent sugar and 10% beer I'm not a huge fan. 

We're going to get along just fine :)

It's good that you lurked a bit before signing on. Informed decisions are always preferred!

Despite the holiday weekend, it's a bit late for us. Someone will be around in the morning to bump your access so you can participate in more of the forums. Our only hazing ritual is that we pester new recruits with all sorts of questions, which Eslosh and Reign have already taken to. <3 You may be asked more questions as we get to know you. Feel free to return the favor. :)

Welcome to SoH!

Welcome!

I agree with you on the overly fruity beers except on one - a microbrewery outside Chicago that had a cherry beer with actual cherries floating in your glass.  It was rather sweet but amazing.  I was deeply saddened when they closed up shop.  The few breweries I visited in Colorado were extremely heavy on the hops - not something I really like either.  I do like hops, my usual go-to is Guinness Draught currently since I don't live near any breweries, but not when it is just to overpowering.  

If you don't mind sharing, what's your chosen profession?  I'm an Environmental Scientist and it seems Texas is a hot bed for people, like myself. that have Geology degrees.

In the words of Sheldon Cooper, "Not the dirt people!"

We need more econ majors/degree holders.

Welcome, Avenge!

Guardian from TC, eh!? My Co-Leader-husband-better half, Pride Lionheart, was a Commander there until about a year ago.

I am glad you found us for Wildstar! We're going to put the pieces into World Peace. /rawr

I'll send you a welcome message shortly; please review it when you have a few minutes.

Woohoo!  Thank you for cheering for the correct team while down in Cowboy-land. 

Pay no mind to Nyisha's attempt to start an Econ uprising........

Good tip on Sweetwater -- I'm off to ATL today and I want to pack a ton of super-ATL experiences into a few days.

Edited to add:

If you go to Costa Rica, you MUST visit the sloth sanctuary!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, I will stow away in your luggage & you can leave me with the sloths.

Edited by Inedit