Wildstar Intro - Avenge

Avenge

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

What kind of running shoes do you prefer?  I've been burning through pairs of Brooks Pure Cadence for the last few years.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your chosen profession?  I'm an Environmental Scientist and it seems Texas is a hot bed for people, like myself. that have Geology degrees.

1.  My personal favorite are Nike Frees.  They're not the best running shoe out there, but I mix in a lot of crossfit/circuit type work outs and they're a good all around shoe.  A lot of my friends run in Brooks. 

2.  I'm currently in the military and have a degree in International Relations.  I get to play in the dirt a lot, just with different goals.  I'll transition out at the end of the year and am looking to go back to school for a MBA.

Welcome!

I agree with you on the overly fruity beers except on one - a microbrewery outside Chicago that had a cherry beer with actual cherries floating in your glass.  It was rather sweet but amazing.  I was deeply saddened when they closed up shop.  The few breweries I visited in Colorado were extremely heavy on the hops - not something I really like either.  I do like hops, my usual go-to is Guinness Draught currently since I don't live near any breweries, but not when it is just to overpowering.  

In the words of Sheldon Cooper, "Not the dirt people!"

We need more econ majors/degree holders.

I'd probably make an exception for a beer like that.  It sounds delicious.  I'm currently on a Stout/IPA kick myself with my current favorite being Rogue Chocolate Stout.

Like I mentioned I was an International Relations major, but I actually took quite a few econ classes.  The best/worst was probably Game Theory.  It was really interesting but I still have nightmares about it.  Talk about a misleading course title.

Good tip on Sweetwater -- I'm off to ATL today and I want to pack a ton of super-ATL experiences into a few days.

Edited to add:

If you go to Costa Rica, you MUST visit the sloth sanctuary!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also, I will stow away in your luggage & you can leave me with the sloths.

Depending on how long you'll be there, Sweetwater does tours every Thursday, Friday and Saturday (or at least they used to 2 years ago).  For $20 you get  a tour, a pint class and 5 sample tickets.  They give you about 3/4 of the pint glass with each ticket. Pretty good way to spend a night, but it gets crowded fast. 

Welcome :) and are you a real Pirate?

Ha, not but I wish sometimes.  I spent way too much time pretending I was in the most recent Assassin's Creed.

Welcome, Avenge!

Guardian from TC, eh!? My Co-Leader-husband-better half, Pride Lionheart, was a Commander there until about a year ago.

I am glad you found us for Wildstar! We're going to put the pieces into World Peace. /rawr

I'll send you a welcome message shortly; please review it when you have a few minutes.

Welcome message reviewed and understood.  I'm relatively new to TC having just transferred there about 6 months ago.  Prior to that I was on Isle of Janthir.