Wildstar Intro - Santino

Santino

Hola everyone and congrats on the overwhelming interest in your guild that has pushed you to suspend new members

Matt from Canada aka Mattplex is a friend and co-worker of mine that has been pestering me to hurry up and post an intro as he's getting pretty excited about this game and talked me into tagging along.

Name's Kris or "Santino" as will be seen in game.  Although I tend to have a horrible case of "alt-itis" and tend to have characters of every class climbing up the levels.

Been on many a game since I got my first taste of mmo back in the EQ days as I joined that just after the Kunark expansion was released.  EQ2, WoW, CoH/CoV, CO, Conan, SWTOR, etc etc etc..although I actually never tried GW2.

I am old man, or at least a "older" fella whose youngest child is just reaching adulthood but I keep both hands firmly grasped to my youth when it comes to leaving video games behind.  Just can't seem to do it.

Ride a motorcycle to the office (old man cruiser style) and come home to two Great Danes who are never grumpy to see me walk in the door.

Hoping my  4+ yr old dinosaur of a computer can handle the full experience of this game, it didn't do too badly on the beta.  Otherwise, it's off to the store to build a fresh one.

When it comes to games like this, I tend to be one that really likes my character image.  If I have to, I try and make subpar gear work if I like the way it looks on my specific character.  When building heroes, I tended to stack powers that matched my image of the character rather than maxing out damage, etc.,  What they might have lacked in min/max points, they made up for in "style".  My buddy and I were one of those ogres in EQ that tended to chat in broken "italian ganster-speak" to mimic what we saw as "ogre-speak"... "What youse lookin at, bub?"   Though that was before voice chat was around =/

I understand that you use Mumble and, though I would chat as much as I can, I will try very hard to save you from any errant Great Dane bark sessions in your ears.

kk, that's enough of a ramble.  Hope to see you all in game

Welcome, Kris!

No need for resorting to sub-par gear in Wildstar! Like the look of something? Put it in a costume slot and it will skin over that fugly chestpiece of epic stats!

I'll bump you up to Guest status so you can move about the forum and toss you a welcome message.

Matt's been a hoot to get to know, so you got some shoes to fill. I look forward to getting to know you, too!

Welcome!  

What type of motorcycle?  

What are the names of your Great Danes?  

Italian gangster-speak, eh?  Did you base this on Goodfellas?  My Cousin Vinny?  The Godfather?  The Freshman?  Mafia!? A Bronx Tale? The Untouchables? Bugs Bunny cartoons? First hand experience (j/k no such thing as la cosa nostra)?

What else exists for you outside of video games and Great Danes?  Books, movies, music?  Clay animation?  Hook rugs? Building ships in bottles?  Maple syrup tastings? 

Hey, thanks Vanity.  Won't try and fill Matt's shoes..can't have him running around barefoot at work.  But will try and be as active as I can.  My head would roll a little further than Matt's would if I chatted too much while at work.

Well met, Ghost.  , er sorry "Inedit"

Being the HUGE movie buff that I am, I would likely have to credit almost all that you listed for a foundation or good ole Maxx Grimm (EQ shadowknight)  who was the older brother to Paxx Grimm (shaman) which made us...yup,. the Brothers Grimm.  I still remember with humour and shame out guild's ill-fated attempt to ravage the halfling town of Rivervale.  All 20 steps of it...those Rivervale guards were beasts.

Besides VGs and the Danes ...Lidia (female) and Lucan (male)...yes THAT Lucan for those familiar with EQ/EQ2, I do read when I have the chance, mostly much to do with urban fantasy/sci fi.  I tend to like wisecracking anti-hero types like Simon Green's John Taylor or Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden.  Though I also give almost anything with vampires/werewolves a chance as well.  Have to stop bringing Laurell K Hamilton's books on the train when she made the covers look too much like romance novels though...a guy's got a rep ta protect.

Maple syrup tastings, eh...little bit o Canadian stereotype there?=P

Edited by Santino

Oh yea, oops...missed a question there...Yamaha Road Star 1600.  Was a fairly big bike for a first timer but I made it work.

Tangent topic...anyone else old school enough to remember skipping school in HS, pooling together spare cash with friends, going home and playing tabletop RPGs like Champions, Vampire (Gangrels rawr), Rifts, TMNT (who can resist the chance to be a badger in leather, chrome studs and chainmail) and Shadowrun

Aaaaand...anyone else think that Rifts or Shadowrun would make awesome MMOs?

Oh yea, oops...missed a question there...Yamaha Road Star 1600.  Was a fairly big bike for a first timer but I made it work.

Tangent topic...anyone else old school enough to remember skipping school in HS, pooling together spare cash with friends, going home and playing tabletop RPGs like Champions, Vampire (Gangrels rawr), Rifts, TMNT (who can resist the chance to be a badger in leather, chrome studs and chainmail) and Shadowrun

Aaaaand...anyone else think that Rifts or Shadowrun would make awesome MMOs?

Many of us.  But it was just AD&D for me.

Welcome.

OK Questions.... hmmm..

What the best song to be written after 1962?  When you say adulthood, do you mean I-expect-you-to-act-like-a-grown-up adulthood or OMG-get-out-of-my-house adulthood?  (Joking, I'm sure you don't actually feel that way.)  

Mumble has a push to talk feature, which means we will only hear the great danes when you are actually trying to say something.  Whether or not we can hear you over them....

How many children do you have?  I have 2, a 12 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.

Do you ride your motorcycle to work in the winter?  

Hi and welcome!

Rifts would definitely make a better MMO than it has a tabletop p&p game. :p

My gaming group has a running joke regarding the xp charts as written in the book along the lines that backflipping your way to the store (successful skill checks) earns you more xp than saving the world.

Re: stereotypes, I think Canada has some of the best. Wear them with pride! :giggle: