Wildstar Intro / Application to Join - Soularpower & Ducgirl

Soularpower

Hi! I browsed like crazy and didn't see an official pinned topic or anything regarding the application process. I saw everybody doing this, so if I'm doing it wrong... I'm sure somebody can fix me!

Anyway, I'm the guy responsible for dragging my sister (Thunderchild/Aerrowyn - she applied earlier this week) and her husband into the gravitational pull of Wildstar. I almost completely overlooked this game, seeing screenshots and thinking, "kids' game".

Then I did some more research, watched the DevSpeaks, and started spreading the gospel... once we got into some Beta, we were all sold.

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited for W*. I'm almost 30 and my wife and I are expecting a baby in the next 30-40 days or so. We'll be getting a lot of playtime in before then and we'll see how we can balance the game between diaper changes and such.

We have a couple dogs that we love like family, and enjoy the typical guilty pleasures like cinema, reality TV, and good alcohol.

I have been using a computer since I was about 3 and gaming for just as long. I've played many MMOs - Ultima Online, City of Heroes, EQ2, Tera, WoW, SWTOR, ESO, etc. WoW was always my "rock" and provided years of fun and camaraderiie. Most recently, I was playing WoW in a 2-night-a-week semi-hardcore guild that was able to clear in 6 hours a week more content than most 3 night a week guilds did in 9-12 hours. I've been a main tank, class lead, and just a good solid DPS in the back - just as long as I'm having fun.

My wife will be playing W* with us, but she's never played an MMO before. She's in to Starcraft, Diablo 3, and other games she can "play with 1 hand" so we'll see how well we can train her to rock wildstar.

Anyway, not sure what else to say for now. Hoping we can join you, and I will likely want to raid. I will get my wife set up with an account on here tomorrow as well.

Let me know if I'm in the right place. I plan on firing up at midnight tomorrow and, if servers are stable, will be on quite a bit.

Your post is in the right place, and you did a great job of following suit. We have a handful of players who are planning to hit the servers as soon as they open (including Pride and Vanity, our chapter leaders who are gung-ho on getting the in-game guild up and running before sun up.) 

It's a tad late for us, but there will be an officer/chapter lead around in the morning to change your access so you can participate in more of the forums. As an added note: we have a lot of couples in the guild, and we love seeing an intro post from each person. That way we get to know both you and your wife individually as well as gaming with you as a couple.

Congrats on the baby! Is this your first?  Are you expecting a boy or girl? And can we help you pick names?! I promise suggestions will be lore related. ;)

Welcome to SoH!

Welcome!  Ask Jack said, you're intro post is perfectly fine and early hooray(!) for your soon-to-be-born baby.  

We have no formal format because we like to get to know a person, starting with how they introduce themselves!  We are free spirits; can't hold us to the typical mold for community (not just guild) application(s).  :Onion 901:

It's a tad late for us, but there will be an officer/chapter lead around in the morning to change your access so you can participate in more of the forums.

This is why I need admin privileges.  I'm awake while all you guys are sleeping!  Get on this, Ashin. :Onion 502: 

Anyways, time for many questions about many topics from many people, starting with:

1. What kind of dogs do you have!?  I love dogs.  I miss mine D:  She turns 11 in December and is a Jack Russel/Terrier mix. She's my baby and also my pride 'n joy joy joy.
  2. When you say guilty pleasures in cinema and reality TV... what shows/movies do you mean in particular?  Details about what you watch!  All the details.
  3. Any secrets we should know about you before your sister spills the beans?
  4. Good alcohol.  So wine?  Rum?  Vodka?  Whiskey?  Beer?  Sake?

Grats on the baby...   and a BIG good luck.  You will probably find that you have lots of free time after the baby, cause you know... they just lay there and look all cute and stuff.  And since you will never EVER EVER sleep again... playing an MMO will be perfect!  ;)  I jest, well sorta.... I have two boys.  My youngest is 4 months so I know exactly where you are at! :)  good times... invest in coffee and advil and don't look back! 

welcome and look forward to seeing you all in game!

Welcome!!

Congrats on the baby. I had my oldest about a year before SW:G dropped, middle child a year before GW2 dropped and the youngest just after it dropped. Gaming with a newborn has its challenges but it's not impossible. :p

I'm going to bump you up to Guest access so you can move about the forums, but as Jack said, we'd like to get to know your wife, too. So please have her register and post as well.

I look forward to getting to know you both!

Always love seeing another couple coming in.  :)

Congratulations on the baby !! If you need help with names let us know, I am sure we are full of good idea, like Jade Starkiller, or maybe Max Levels of yeah that's good one or for a girl Anna May.

Anyway we are here to help.  :thumbup:

You're a monster hunter, which one are you going after and why? Bigfoot or Loch Ness monster. 

Hello and welcome!

As an added note: we have a lot of couples in the guild, and we love seeing an intro post from each person. That way we get to know both you and your wife individually as well as gaming with you as a couple.

Jack brought it up, but juuuust to be completely clear (since no one else mentioned it!) we will want to see a separate intro post from Ms. Ducgirl as well, before inviting, setting up forum access and all that jazz. :) It doesn't have to include a ton of gaming history - books, movies, tv shows, music, and other hobbies and interests like these are all fine fodder for an intro post!

Some of us can definitely relate to the hardcore-raiding-on-casual-hours experience. Our WoW chapter journeyed from very late ICC all the way to Throne of Thunder in this expansion, eventually locking in the (51st?) U.S. kill on 25H Lei Shen, on 9 hours a week. It's great to know that you're right up there with other guilds who spend so many more hours raiding every week, while still having enough spare time to live a life, lol. Personally, I'm back to school now and it feels like I'll never have that experience again... but never say never, right? ;)

Looking forward to gaming with you!

Thanks - I'll have the wife do this some time. It will probably take some convincing - like I said, she's never done MMO before and I don't think she quite "gets it" (guilds) yet.

For now...

1. Dogs --> 2 mini australian shephards.So much energy....

2. For movies, I *usually* like the blockbusters, although not all of them. So marvel movies... thumbs up. Pacific Rim... two thumbs down! Gravity... 3 thumbs down. That's right, borrow a friend!! TV, the wife LOVES her reality TV, but she avoids most of the trashy stuff. Think more like, American Idol, Storage Wars, anything on food network, etc.  For me, my guilty TV shows are anything I can sit down and watch 5 season of over a 1 week span. Dexter is one of my favorite series, Breaking Bad was great.... Archer... oh, and South Park. I have a South Park reference for everything :)

3. I have no secrets. YOU WILL NEVER GET IT OUT OF ME!!!

4. For me, I enjoy my beers - Widmir Brothers is my favorite, and local... and my sister about that particular brewing company and she will have something to say about it too.  And recently (last 2 years or so) I discovered that I do, in fact, like wine. It took a wine tasting tour in napa valley to figure that out.

Anyway, I will be really taking my time with the game - I want to play, but I am going to focus more on enjoying it with my friends than power-leveling through. I've done that too many times in the past, and had more 90's in wow than I'd care to admit.

And, really, I want to teach my wife the nuances of an MMO and play at *her* pace, lest she not play anymore. At least on my first character/playthrough to 50.

1. What kind of dogs do you have!?  I love dogs.  I miss mine D:  She turns 11 in December and is a Jack Russel/Terrier mix. She's my baby and also my pride 'n joy joy joy.
  2. When you say guilty pleasures in cinema and reality TV... what shows/movies do you mean in particular?  Details about what you watch!  All the details.
  3. Any secrets we should know about you before your sister spills the beans?
  4. Good alcohol.  So wine?  Rum?  Vodka?  Whiskey?  Beer?  Sake?