Wildstar Intro : HungSolo

HungSolo

Hello everyone! My in-game name is HungSolo, however I've gone by Mundane for the past 10 years. I've been friends with Kiffen for those 10, and both him and I have played countless MMO's and other titles together, and Wildstar is no different. He has suggested that myself and several of our mutual friends apply to SOH, and from what he's told me and what I've read you guys/gals sound like a great bunch.

As far as what I want to do in Wildstar, it boils down to one answer : everything. I am absolutely loving this game, from the mentoring system, quest-content, PvP, the player housing...it's all great. My play schedule is a little erratic currently, as I am a full-time college student and currently working ridiculous hours in my summer break. However, I am on weekends and some weeknights after around 9PM CST.

I've never been great at intros, so if there is anything more you'd like to know about me, feel free to ask it here and I'll reply when I can!

Hi Mundane.. while I welcome any friend of Kiffens... I'm not sure if your in game name is going to make the cut.

I'll leave it to the CL/Officers, but just an advance warning that it may be a deal breaker for us. With that being said.. if the name is a no go for us.. do you have another character that you'd be interested in joining SoH with? Or would you be opposed to re-rolling the toon with a different name?

The name is just a name. Came up with it during beta when Mundane was already taken and reserved.

However I intend to keep playing on that character. If thats a deal breaker then so be it, and thanks for the consideration. However, it's just one silly thing in a game where we're all called cupcakes and one of the main races are sadistic space gerbils. Something to consider.

I can't deny that I'm biased in this case. Given naming policies and such HungSolo is on the line. However, given that it is such a good star wars reference based in a sci-fi game I think it's okay. Plus WalterMelon would be sad to lose the epic pvp duo of HungSolo/WalterMelon.

The name is just a name. Came up with it during beta when Mundane was already taken and reserved.

However I intend to keep playing on that character. If thats a deal breaker then so be it, and thanks for the consideration. However, it's just one silly thing in a game where we're all called cupcakes and one of the main races are sadistic space gerbils. Something to consider.

Like I said.. I'll let the CL and Officers make the final call. I'm simply letting you know in advance as a courtesy.

Our requirements on naming conventions are universal, across all the games we play, regardless of what the setting or genre. As a long standing, multi-gaming community our reputation follows us and as such, we hold ourselves to a higher standard than what you might find in your typical in game guild.

As an aside.. my chua is named ChuaFett. :skywalker:

Hi and welcome to the forums!

On the one hand, SoH is very penis-joke friendly. On the other hand, you might say we're sensitive about character names in the guild and the impressions that they leave on the communities we join. I hope that you can appreciate the spirit of our policy, even if its invocation in this case shines a spotlight on your character's name.

In my humble-but-admittedly-still-influential opinion, I don't think the name crosses the line, though in a leadership structure where we all share opinions, I think it's prudent to put our heads together real quicklike if there is any concern on a subjective matter like this. I haven't been able to contact the others just yet, but I didn't want to leave you hanging without any officer response! I believe in being candid, at any rate.

Cheers~

Annnd back to our regularly scheduled program.

Re-welcome! One of our Chapter Leads will have an introductory PM for you when he or she gets a chance. In the meantime, I'll change your forum rank to Recruit. I see you've already signed off on the Code of Conduct which is good, and be sure to visit The Mumble Sticky thread in our Chapter Policy subforum under Wildstar, if you don't have the program already. Once we get you registered in mumble (if there aren't any admins on the mumble you can send a tell to Darlantan in game tonight) we can invite you into the WS guild.

Hopefully people have some inane and insane questions to ask you here; I'm off to update a couple posts and do other guild administrativey things (and sneak off to play a bit too).

I'll just start with one:

Are you interested in the Rated PvP modes: Arenas, Rated BGs, and Warplots; and what class appeals to you the most so far?

..Ok, maybe two:

What is your opinion on Chua? The resistance is weak; we can crush it together!