Artaxerxes - Lvl 50 DPS Warrior

Artaxerxes

In-game Nickname: Artaxerxes

Race: Mechari

Class: Warrior

Focus: PvE DPS (Could have a tanking build and gear on the side if needed).

Professions: Armorer, Master Crafter (Currently working on getting the crafting vouchers to learn the Adventus armor set).

I'm  applying to your guild by reference of Darlantan. I played with him and 3 other of your members in a Crimelords of Witevale veteran run. The run was smooth and fast wich peak my interest to join your guild since I still don't have one.

My goal is to experience end-game content including veteran adventures, veteran dungeon, 20-man raids and 40 man raids. I'm pretty focused on clearing content, don't mind the wipes and repair bills, and you will get no drama from me.

I'm not really a PvP guy, I joined a PvP server because my friends selected this server and I followed them but I guess I could also do some PvP on the side if its required.

I tried to include all the information that seemed relevant at the moment. Some of your guild members played with me and that could be reference to my skills if needed. I'm not talkign about stats yet since I've only been lvl 50 for 2 days and still need to gear up.

I guess this is it. Thank you for your consideration.

Welcome to the forums! As is our way, we will pepper you with mostly irrelevant questions. We'll not really irrelevant cause we want to get to know you.

What's your favorite food? Why do you think the accordion was invented? What movies and books do you enjoy?

Edited by Toobz

Welcome!  I'm a little concerned if Dar sent you - that guy is outrageous.

Since i'm crimped for time, on to the bulk of the matter:

• If you could choose only one animal language to speak, which would you choose?
  • If 4 is indeed 2+2 and 2x2, then what color is the largest known star?
  • What dos thou do outside of gaming?  Job?  Career?  School?  Aspiring kitten photographer?
  • What can we call you outside of your in-game name?  Jean-Jacques de Blois?  Alexander Lockwood?  Victor von Albrecht?

I would say looking forward to seeing you in-game, but, yeah.  See ya around on the forums!

Hi Artaxerxes and welcome to the forums.

What other MMOs have you played and what do you like, and not like, about WS?

I wouldn't say we demand PvP involvement, but it can be a lot of fun. So I'm more curious if you would be open to trying it?

Also.. what time zone are you in?

Hey there and welcome!

That Crimelords... Tilly needed pistols, I needed the chestpiece, I also needed my last vet adventure silver for attunement, and of course the rest of us needed rep/elder gems. That server drop at the VERY last boss was pretty abysmal.

And even after all that, we still didn't get the worst of it :p we had a group going for our first silver vet run of Stormtalon and they were on the last boss too with silver in the bag when the instance servers dropped everyone! :mad: Talk about a kick in the ass.

As you can see, the application process has as much to do with us getting to know you as anything else! I won't add to the questions currently posed to you.... yet. :p

Welcome, Art!

I'm going to send you a welcome message shortly. Please review it and post where necessary when you have a few minutes. I will also bump you up to guest status so you can look around while you think about how you want to answer all these questions!

Look forward to gaming with you!

Whoa! Thats a lot of questions!  :rolleyes:

So yeah! My name is Wellington Abreu. I live in the Dominican Republic (thats an island in the caribbean that I bet most haven't heard of) and we have eastern time here. I'm 28 years old and I'm an industrial engineer by trade.

- Favorite food: chocolate (not sure if this is what you meant as food but I'm weak against this stuff and is the only thing that comes to mind right now  :D).

- The invention of accordion: Maybe they needed a portable piano?  :Confused:

- Movies and books: I like adventure, larger than life stories. Basically science fiction, things I only get to see through movies. Those are the ones I like the most. I read the hunger games trilogy befores it was cool, fan of game of thrones, superhero movies, breaking bad, etc. Wait... I was asked about movies yet I failed to mention a single one. So in movies I like Nolan's version of Batman, Fight Club, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Memento, Goodfellas, City of God, Oldboy, etc. I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day too: One Piece, Trigun, Naruto, Bleach... I havent beeen watching much of that lately because I dont have much time but I do miss watching that stuff.

- Animal language: dolphins are the smart ones right?

- Largest known star?: Ok I asked around and papa Google told me is VY mumbo jumbo (I forgot after I alt+tab).

- Other MMOS:

I started playing Ultima Online and Ragnaros way back in the day. I believe I was a kid back then so you can believe the amount of serious gaming I did there. It was silly, I shouldnt even mention those two.

In 2005 a friend gave me his WoW account and the the next five years of my life went to a trash can mixed with countless hours of questing, farming, dungeon, raids, pvp. I did every endgame content from vanilla up to wrath of the lich king and then I completed the first batch of raids that were first realeased with cataclysm before I quit. 

Played Aion, didnt like it. Played Tera, didnt like it. Played Guild Wars 2, grew old for me after I reached cap lvl. Played Tera again, didnt like it. Then I ended up here in Wildstar, liking it  :D .

- Open to trying PvP: Sure I'm open to trying out PvP. The reason I avoid PvP is that I was never really good at it so its hard for me to enjoy it when I'm always getting pwnd bad  :mad:. But yeah I can try it and see if I enjoy it.

I think that covers it! Let me know if you need more info!  :rolleyes:

See ya!

Dominican Republic!  I believe you are the first we have had from there.  I've been to Punta Cana several years ago on vacation but didn't really see much else of the island because we were instructed not to travel outside of the area, at that time.