Guild intro for Mesmerical

Mesmerical

*I would like to preface this by saying that i "fully participated" in the drunken zerg run, so if i make any typos or go off on a tangent, bear with me.

I'm a player on Dragonbrand, maining Mesmer (named Mesmerical). Im looking for a guild in GW2 that enjoys playing the game, has a good userbase, and is active in my general timezone. After hearing about the guild, I think it would fit within my schedule. While I do like to run pve to level, get karma, and map complete (having a star next to your character's name is undeniably awesome), now that ive done pve for a while, im looking for a wvw focused guild. my current guild doesn't really do wvw, so im trying to find a good guild for this.

After seeing SoH, I would like to join this guild because they are both involved in the game, skilled at the game, and regularly run wvw events. unlike other guilds however, the wvw events are not always extremely serious for advancing the cause of the Dragonbrand server (see: DWvW). This is another factor that motivated me to submit an application for this guild. This is a unique aspect of SoH, and really makes the game fun (being serious all the time gets kinda old. gotta break up the seriousness with blowing off steam).

so here's my application for the SoH guild. again, if i made any typos. bear with me, I just got finished with the DWvW.

Thanks,

Mesmerical

sure. im currently in Texas, at university as a Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics dual major (minor in business and french for kicks really), trying to go for aerospace engineering. outside of gaming, i enjoy outdoor activities, and jiu jitsu, though because im in a big city, i don't get to go camping as much as I would like. as for what i do for a living, im working part time at a gym to pay the bills. Aside from that though, there isnt much else currently (my degrees and work took care of that haha). as for my ssn and mother's maiden name, its... (just kidding lol)

How does mechanical engineering differ from industrial engineering? I deployed with a guy that had an industrial engineering degree and he could never solve any problem that you would think an engineer would excel at... he always said he was basically a math major by a different name.

I'm going to set your rank to recruit, which will allow you to access our forums. We talk about much more than just GW2 on these forums, I encourage you to get involved and post.

Check out our Code of Conduct, the rules we live by, at http://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/4339-code-of-conduct/. Sign once you've read so we know you 'Get' us.  :)

You should also set up Mumble, which we use for voice comms during GMs and occasionally for WvW. Instructions are at http://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/8211-voice-server/

See you out on the borderlands!

Hi! I'll admit, dWvW is my favorite event we do. And now for the obligatory completely random questions...

Who's your favorite muppet? Favorite brand of kitchen mixer? And finally, would you rather wake up next to Ronald McDonald or the Burger King?

Welcome to SoH.

Yay, someone else that recognizes how cool the making of an aircraft is!  Are you looking more at the aircraft systems or aircraft structures (mech and math could feed into either)?  My background is aircraft structures, but I promise there will be no hate if you say systems.