[FFXIV] Intro App

keuw

Hi All

I am Keuw Nightwish on Leviathan realm.  In real life, I am 30 and I live in Atlanta GA

I have a long history of playing MMO's since I was 15 EQ --> DAOC --> SWG ----> WOW ---> EQ2.    I am seeking guild that is community oriented with a stable player base to enjoy the game with. I recently 3 weeks ago returned to FFXIV.    I would like the opportunity to chat with the FC and see if it's a good fit.

Welcome to the forums!  

Midri should be along shortly, I think, and bump you up to guest access so you can peruse the website even more to get a better idea of who exactly we are - our spectrum is quite broad, both in games and in actual life.

It is our custom to pelt new people with whatever questions (usually completely random too) we have for them (as could be observed if you poked around with other intro threads) so don't be surprised if you get more questions than:

• Tell us a little more about yourself!  Occupation?  Family?  Pets?  Fear of flower wallpaper? 
  • If you were a turtle(any type - box, sea, snapping, etc.), where would you spend your days?
  • Is your character a Lalafell?  If not, why not?  If so, I offer you a celebratory high-five.
  • If you were given a moist 3"x4" blue sponge, a normal sized plastic spork, and a pair of size 11(American measuring system) Adidas flip flops, could you defeat a cave troll from the Lord of the Rings movie(s)?

And time for lunch/grocery shopping so I await your answers! ^_^

Hi Nyisha!

Nice to meet you

Occupation - I work for a global consulting company called Accenture.  I work within the network enabled solutions practice designing and delivering network projects for clients.  I normally travel to a client side Monday - Thursday somewhere domestically.  This means I have the challenge of playing on hotel internet or tethered to a cell phone for most of the work week.

Hobbies- I am a huge fan of metal music :).  I go to as many concerts as I can.  Last name of my Character is "nightwish" after my favorite band.  When I'm not traveling for work I enjoy traveling for fun!..I see you are from Japan..last dec I used all my points to go to Tokyo...It was a really fun trip..we stayed in Shinjuku...Akihabara was defiantly a memorable place from the trip. 

Family -  I have a finance and 4 kids...3 girls and 1 boy 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs.  We moved down to Atlanta GA from NY.  Cost of living in Atlanta is much more reasonable for a family of our size.

Turtle - Sea Turtle (long and interesting live)  also rare and endangered

Lalafell - NOPE!

I could defeat that with my bare hands rawr

Edited by keuw

How excited are you that Floor Jansen is taking over for Nightwish?   I really disliked Annette Olzon, and I've been a fan of Floor since she was still in After Forever.  There's videos of her doing some of the classic Nightwish songs live on their tour (Ghost Love Score stands out obviously) -- but I'm sure that isn't news to you :D

Thanks All...Looking forward to meeting everyone.

@Luc - Extremely excited they decided to go with Floor.  She is in my view a terrific fit for the band.  I saw her once live in Atlanta at Prog Power Festival (wow she's tall).  I thought Annette wasn't a good fit.  Her vocal range limited the material.  I seen nightwish live 5 times 3 with tarja and two with Annette.  Both times Annette was a disaster :( specially when she tried to sing sleeping sun yikes..Catch you at the next nightwish concert!