[FFXIV] I'm such a noob that I don't even have the game yet!

Chill84

After hours of effort, I managed to click all of the buttons on Amazon.com that sends me a FFXIV game in the mail.  What the hell, who even uses mail??  Well, I figured mail would be fine, since I won't have a computer built to use it until the week of November 10.

I like to think of the postal service as just really, really, slow downloading.

I heard about you guys from a post I made on reddit and sandanzuki gave me the lowdown.  I don't know any of you personally, but I think our goals and lifestyles are really similar. 

I'm 29, I live just outside of Chicago in the central timezone, and I work a regular office jaerb.  I played mostly old school MMO games like Everquest and FFXI, I  shyed away from WoW because I didn't like how add-ons basically turned healer players into bots, and healing/support is the role I tend to like playing best.

I've heard this game isn't much like FFXI, in that game I played a red mage main healer for a few years, so I am looking to play SCH or WHM as my main class in XIV.

My goals are: making friends, becoming an S-Rank party healer, and exchanging woodworking tips.

I heard this was a good free company for that?

Anyway, hopefully see you all in two weeks, I will be making attempts to chat with you guys on mumble in the near future.

-Chill84 (character name forthcoming)

Hello!  Sandan was my old handle, but I go by Midri these days.  ^^  I've bumped you to Guest rank so that you can browse the forums.  

Are you planning to be a woodworker in game, or are you a woodworker IRL?  Because we have a RL stonemason...  We can put you two to work building us a guild house!

PS. I'll be online but in raid 8:30-10pm CST, so we can chat any time after that.

Welcome to the forums!

And I see we have a Futurama fan...

fry_squinting.gif

Thank you, and Futurama is the best animated series, I will probably make a female roegadyn from amazonia.

Hello!  Sandan was my old handle, but I go by Midri these days.  ^^  I've bumped you to Guest rank so that you can browse the forums.  

Are you planning to be a woodworker in game, or are you a woodworker IRL?  Because we have a RL stonemason...  We can put you two to work building us a guild house!

PS. I'll be online but in raid 8:30-10pm CST, so we can chat any time after that.

Cool, I will be free before 10, I have an early meeting in the morning, so I might try to get to bed early.  I've made stuff on a lathe and framed a basement, but I don't consider myself a woodworker.  

I'm not really good at anything in real life, I'm just kind of partially proficient in a lot of things - I was good enough with computers, graphic/web design, and management to land a nice office job without a college degree.

HOWEVER, I am... the midwest regional champion of Android:Netrunner, you can see my goofy ass holding a trophy in this picture.

A FFXI healer that stayed away from WoW healing because of the add ons... I freakin love you!

What server did you reside on? I see you enjoy being a refresher/support class. I approve.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks, I was on unicorn and we might be moving too fast but... I love you too!  

I'm a little older since my days as a refresh machine, hopefully my hands haven't gotten too slow.

I think you'll be at home here. :p Welcome!

I think so too, nice to meet you as well.