App / Intro Thingie! (WoW, name tbd)

qqemokitty

Hi, 

I am friends with Estarriol, we met in the guild our mains are currently in. As she is a tank by trade, and I am by trade a healer, we get on very well. Also, kittens. 

I am very good at filling out applications but there is no form here so I am going to be rambling and stuff... weeee!

I am 31, female. I own many cats. I live with my girlfriend, we just celebrated 3 years together. I love to cook, read, and watch Netflix. I'm currently growing out a pixie cut, which is rough, don't recommend it. I have 2 jobs, also not recommended. xD

I've been playing and raiding in WoW since Vanilla, my only significant break being in Cata which I did not care for. I love love love healing. I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I think of myself as a helpful sort. I am silly and I like to laugh a lot. Very shy on voice initially and pretty introverted, so I prefer chatting to talking on vent or mumble etc, especially at first. This feels a bit like a dating app, so that's weird. 

Esta and I coined this word together just now: Embarareferencing. xD

I am interested in pursuing WoW from a different means than I used to, as I've gotten older (will be fitted for dentures any day now) and my life has changed a lot, I have much less patience for Certain Things that are prevalent in WoW, particularly in competitive raiding guilds. I would like to slow down a little, but still kill bosses. 

Esta tells me you would be most interested in acquiring my druid, this is she:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Bunny/simple

And for reference, this is my WoD main: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Cupcake/simple

And my other alt: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Cakeballs/simple

All my names are taken on Stormreaver which is very distressing! Hence name tbd.

*awkwardly trails off and wanders away*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome!  Fellow Korgath friend ( that you don't know) and healing enthusiast.  Based on what you wrote i think you'll enjoy our raid environment a lot. We are all laid back and enjoy each others company. I'm sure you'll fit in and be talking in no time.

As for healing stuff, we run holy pally and holy priest regularly. As we continue into heroic, we can definitely benefit from having a third healer with your experience. :)

Ooooh exciting, an Esta friend! :D

I once thought I loved healing, but it turns out that what I really loved was the mana minigame that came with it (I healed my first raids in T11). Similarly with tanking--I really just loved the pressure cooker that was HM raiding (do we call it MM raiding now? :Confused: ) and having control of events. Now I'm kind of a jack of all trades, but I usually end up tanking. ;)

I can relate a lot to what you're saying; I'm an extreme introvert, an attribute which often manifests as massive anxiety, but as Abra said, you sound like a fine addition to our group of people and to our raid team as well. Certain Things are fairly awful, too. :( It's one of the bigger reasons I can't see myself raiding competitively unless we put a guild team together again. Some raid nights are tough enough as it is without people making it worse by being the kind of people they insist upon being.

With that all said: Yayyyyy durid! Troll is a little disappointing, but since your character is likely to be female I can hardly blame you for going that route, what with the awful new femmetaur models. :< My poor shaman...

I'd trail off and wander away too, but I have a trump card in this situation that I can use to exit gracefully!

...Welcome. :)

When I was horde before (BC-Cata) my druid was a tauren! I am not a big fan of the new femtaur at all, they have dog noses. :( Which are adorable on dogs, but not so adorable on cowfolk. I don't really like playing male characters -- though male trolls are sexy so maybe that. xD

I love tanks, tanks are my BFFs. I really want to do challenge modes again in WoD. So hopefully someone here is interested in that. I was very successful at running them in MoP and leading pugs for beginners and subpar comps on open raid. 

I really want to try tanking myself but it scares me so I never do it. :3 

I love forums I just want to post all day! 

Likes healing, reading and cats. Are you sure you dont want to move over to the super amazing wonderful place that is called FFXIV? We have cake and cookies! And some lala's which are like gnomes but way more cute and more like kittens. 

Well anyway, welcome to the boards!