Kytn's FFXIV Intro/Application

Kytn

Hooray, a fellow Whovian! Capaldi has a lot of potential, but season 8 (with the exception of a few episodes) didn't give him much of a chance. Still poking through classic Who (stuck on the first Doctor), but my favorite in New is Tennant.

Mostly sci-fi and fantasy, though I have a soft spot for anything Jane Austen. Favorite books, ooooh.. that's so tough! My comfort books are almost anything by Tamora Pierce. I just picked up The Paper Magician series, and have been meaning to grab the Dresden Files for a while now.

Taking discreet math, to finish up a computer science degree, so that I can turn around and go for an accounting degree.

O.o at first I was like oh look, another app. But then I saw a fan of the Doctor, likes to read and enjoys cats and I smiled and thought ok this app is pretty good already. But then... then I saw you like 10, Jane Austin and Tamora Pierce and I squealed like a little girl  :Onion 109:  Welcome to the forums!!!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.o at first I was like oh look, another app. But then I saw a fan of the Doctor, likes to read and enjoys cats and I smiled and thought ok this app is pretty good already. But then... then I saw you like 10, Jane Austin and Tamora Pierce and I squealed like a little girl  :Onion 109:  Welcome to the forums!!!!!

Thank you!! It was so nice getting to talk with everyone tonight.  :Onion 116:

Hooray, a fellow Whovian! Capaldi has a lot of potential, but season 8 (with the exception of a few episodes) didn't give him much of a chance. Still poking through classic Who (stuck on the first Doctor), but my favorite in New is Tennant.

Mostly sci-fi and fantasy, though I have a soft spot for anything Jane Austen. Favorite books, ooooh.. that's so tough! My comfort books are almost anything by Tamora Pierce. I just picked up The Paper Magician series, and have been meaning to grab the Dresden Files for a while now.

Taking discreet math, to finish up a computer science degree, so that I can turn around and go for an accounting degree.

I couldn't handle Tamora Pierce after the travesty that was the Trickster's Choice.  The beastiality bit got a bit too much for me.  Although she did graduate from my Alma Mater so I can't hate on her that much.  

Welcome to the forums :) 

I couldn't handle Tamora Pierce after the travesty that was the Trickster's Choice.  The beastiality bit got a bit too much for me.  Although she did graduate from my Alma Mater so I can't hate on her that much.  

Welcome to the forums :)

That's fair. I've been less than impressed with her couple of most recent books, but Alanna in particular will always have a special place on my shelves.

Thanks for the welcome! And hooray for Sailor Moon!!  :Onion 111: Well, Sailor Venus to be precise, yes?

Wow, I remember when I first read Tamora Pierce in middle school. I loved the Alanna quartet. I used to reread everything she wrote in that realm every Christmas break. 

+1000000!

Welcome, welcome! ^___^

I still reread all of Alanna, Daine, and Kel when I need a pick-me-up!

Thank you kindly for the welcome. ^_^

Whoa, really?  She was a Fighting Quaker, too?  We are just all over the place these days!

Yes. Yes. Tamora Pierce was a Quaker too. 

That's fair. I've been less than impressed with her couple of most recent books, but Alanna in particular will always have a special place on my shelves.

Thanks for the welcome! And hooray for Sailor Moon!!  :Onion 111: Well, Sailor Venus to be precise, yes?

:D I hate the new anime series though :( 

Also book series plug: https://www.goodreads.com/series/62018-the-lunar-chronicles<< she was my favorite Sailor Moon fanfic writer. xD

Yes. Yes. Tamora Pierce was a Quaker too. 

:D I hate the new anime series though :(

Also book series plug: https://www.goodreads.com/series/62018-the-lunar-chronicles<< she was my favorite Sailor Moon fanfic writer. xD

It feels like they stripped out a lot of the personality and messed with the friendship dynamic between everyone. Though I haven't watched past the first six or seven episodes.

• 2 weeks later...