[FFXIV] Logic Ridden Intro

Logic

Hi,

I'm Logic Ridden (CJ) Currently lvl 60 DRK working on getting WAR to 60 as well.

Been playing MMO's and video games since forever. Primarily played WoW on and off since Beta. Recently played WoW with some RL friends(Gerus & Zuju), lead a Heroic 10 man at the end of MoP, continued in WoD to leading 20 man Mythic. Our goal was end game content on a casual schedule, we raided 2 nights a week for total of 5 hours. We kinda got burned out, it was hard finding 'good' people who wanted to push mythic content, while being able to do it with 5 hours a week, we found most mythic raiders wanted to raid more often, or weren't people who were ready for Mythic.

After lack of content, we decided to take a break until next major WoW patch. Started Playing FFXIV, I had played in ARR on Faerie, only got to 40 before stopping.

We hit 50 prior to HW release, and just have been having a blast. FFXIV Profile

Currently working full time as a System Admin for a family owned HVAC company in Chicago.

24 year old dude.

Enjoy Movies, ASOIAF, Anime/Manga, I like watching the LCS & other competitive LOL regions. #CLGFIGHTING.

I have played MMO's as a hardcore raider attempting world firsts, and now just play more casually.

Previous Games : Diablo II&III(Season 4 looks sick) WoW: Vanilla MC/BWL/Naxx (Guild had first 5 Grand Marshal's on Shattered Hand[spire]) Shadowbane!!(kickstarted Crowfall can't wait) AION, RFO. Warcraft III, RTS games, LOL, Steam games(Anyone play Blade Symphony?) etc..!

Edited by Logic

Welcome!!

It's a shame there isn't more of a market for high end raiding at lighter hours. We managed to do from fairly well to quite well for ourselves on a 9-hour schedule from the beginning of Cata through to Throne of Thunder in Mists, but it was a constant struggle to keep capable team(s) together, especially when we moved to 25-man raiding at the tail end of Dragon Soul, after progression. Eventually leadership just didn't have the time any longer to keep things going, and the ride ended, but luckily we were able to go out on top with a respectably-placed Lei Shen 25H kill. :)

I was able to hop into coil in the month before HW, and I was impressed that Squenix really seems to be designing good, solid raid encounters. I'm kind of jealous of you guys. ;)

Hey All, thanks for the greetings!

Welcome!!

SNIP

Eventually leadership just didn't have the time any longer to keep things goingSNIP

I was able to hop into coil in the month before HW, and I was impressed that Squenix really seems to be designing good, solid raid encounters. I'm kind of jealous of you guys. 107%20Wink.png

Hey Darlantan, can totally understand those sentiments! I think many members of our raid didn't realize how much time/effort the officers went into to keep everything working/ready in-between each raid. For them, they could log in just for the raid, and then hop out no problem, so I can see where they would have a disconnect with the time commitment. Gratz on the Lei-Shen kill.

The most surprising thing for me about FFXIV so far, is that there is actually a reason to do all levels of content, As I was leveling my WAR to 50, and finishing the MSQ, I never really felt like other people weren't around, or had trouble finishing the content waiting for groups to form. I am also surprised at the amount of content the FFXIV team is able to release in a scheduled fashion & with their small team (compared to Blizzard).