[FFXIV] Sharmarali introduction

SharMarali

Hi there!  I'm Sharmarali, pronounced shar muh RAH lee, but please feel free to call me Shar.

I'm a 35 year old woman from St. Louis who is currently living in New Jersey with a long-term boyfriend and 3 cats.  You can see the cats here if you want!  http://imgur.com/a/A0kG4

Fun fact:  I met my boyfriend in FFXI.  He's why I moved to New Jersey from St. Louis.

I played FFXI off and on from 2003 to 2014.  I've done basically all the content that was released up to when I last played, and I made a lot of friends over the years.  Over the years, I mained Red Mage, Summoner, Corsair, Ranger, and Puppetmaster, though I leveled all jobs over the many years I played.

I'm currently playing on the Excalibur server with 2 of my old friends from FFXI.  We've drifted apart in terms of playstyle though, and none of us really do anything together anymore.  We honestly talk to each other more on Facebook than we do in game.  I've been looking around for a raid group that isn't all super-cereal but still clears content, and there are none to be had! So, all things considered, I've decided that I'd prefer a non-legacy server.

I also briefly played WoW in the Icecrown Citadel era as a Holy Paladin.

I learned about SoH when I put some feelers out on reddit about looking for a raid group.  Grieve replied to me, we talked a bit about the FC and his raid group, I hopped in VOIP for a bit to chat, and here we are!

I used to be a hardcore player who could sit in front of the screen with deadly focus for hours every day.  I'm older now with other priorities, and I really like the fact that this group has been together for so long and truly believes in putting real life ahead of gaming while still meeting commitments in-game.

Here are some things I like:

Game of Thrones (show and books)

Star Trek

Harry Potter

Animals (except birds, screw birds)

Hawaiian pizza

Katamari Damacy

Hello Kitty (I even have a tattoo of her)

Here are some things I don't like:

Jerks

Mushrooms

Personalized license plates

The color yellow

Birds

Traffic

Ummmmm, OK, now that I've really made you think I'm a complete nutcase, I'm going to go ahead and post this.  Any questions, ask away!

Welcome!

Long time FFXI vet here as well.  Played from launch for about 7 years; quit just as Abyssea was being released.  What server did you play on?

I also met my wife via FFXI.  The game was great for that social aspect.  We've been married 7 years now this month.

I look forward to meeting you, and sharing old FFXI memories on mumble :D

No birds?! Not even Alex the parrot?!? You monster!

Also hi. :ohi:

He's cute, so long as he stays on YouTube and doesn't come near me! 

I had two parakeets when I was little.  I wanted a puppy.  Instead I got two birds that squawked at me day and night and tried to bite me every time I tried to pet them.

Years later, I worked in an office that was near a pond, so we constantly had geese hanging around.  I saw them chase plenty of people over the years I worked there.

More recently, there's a bird that lives in the parking lot where I work.  He yells at me when I go by.  Seriously, he stands there, gets this hateful look in his eye, and starts angrily chirping away.

Birds are mean.

Hi!

Welcome!

Long time FFXI vet here as well.  Played from launch for about 7 years; quit just as Abyssea was being released.  What server did you play on?

I also met my wife via FFXI.  The game was great for that social aspect.  We've been married 7 years now this month.

I look forward to meeting you, and sharing old FFXI memories on mumble :D

I played on Ramuh from 2003 until they brought the server down and merged it with Bahamut.  Then I played on Bahamut!

It's amazing how many couples met in that game.  The game really forced you to work with people in a way that no other MMO really has.  It was annoying, but it also brought about a lot of friendships and relationships.  Sometimes I feel like FFXI was better than a dating site.

Welcome! There's a few ex-FFXI players around that I'm sure would love to reminisce with you!

What do you have against Traffic? I thought it was pretty good, even if it was super heavy handed; besides, Benicio del Toro!

Andy Kaufman didn't like too much traffic, and neither do I!

Hello to you other beautiful people who said hi too!  :act-up: