South of Heaven does Extra Life 2015!

Tyrlis

I fixed that for you Fera. :p

Also, I bit the bullet and ordered a capture card so my game list will expand to include PS2 & Xbox360 games as well. I may also be looking for some help with getting my audio sync'd up with my live stream feed this weekend.

As for perks, I'll be looking at having a couple static options, but I'll try to have a list of game specific ones on the games I plan to play for at least 2-3 hours.

Tyrlis, did you still want to do the Portal 2 co-op at some point during the event? I'm sure we'd have a have a bunch of people who'd enjoy watching. :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we have a time set up for the TF2 night? I know that I have a couple people coming over to my house for games and I was going to call and see if computers could be brought over to set up and they could join in. I dont know how many people it takes to fill up a server. 

Updating my perks!

My current perk list for donations made:

$5 or more - Shout Out

$5 - Game specific task (TBD)
$10 - Make me do 10 push-ups.

$25 - 

$50 - Game specific task (TBD)
$100 - Make me play a game of your choosing from my list for 
at least 1 hour AND do a game specific task!

The game specific tasks will vary from title to title. Some will be silly like shouting "Boom! Headshot!" whenever I use the shotgun in Doom. Others should be entertaining for viewers like being limited to only using the crowbar in Half-life. I may even open it up to the donor to decide the task in some cases.

I'm also open to suggestions or thoughts on more ideas.

Edited by Grieve

I've got my XSplit all set up on my computer, should be easy enough to do on the other computer. We won't be able to use the PS3 as I expected because I didn't realize you needed a capture card, and I'm not paying $100 for one. I've got my phone set up as a pretty sweet mobile webcam, so I'll be able to stream us playing board games. I'm also playing around with XSplit, I should be able to stream from Skype, so I'll be able to play some 2-player games (Don't Starve Together, Torchlight, etc) with my Skype stream from my son's webcam overlaid and streamed to my Twitch.

I'm going to step up my social media game over the next week with some of these amazing videos. I'm aiming to have my pledge rewards up today or tomorrow. Lastly, check out my swanky stream overlay!

post-457-0-14049200-1446406602_thumb.png

Thank you Scp!

Also, something I realized this weekend. Make sure you have any game you may stream installed and ready to go prior to starting your stream. This can include going in and adjusting the Audio/Video settings post-install. (I know I had to do that on a couple games so that I could actually see what was on my 2nd monitor since the game went full screen and blacked it out.)

I have my finalized list of possible games on my twitch channel now too if people want to peruse and suggest a game. I may or may not play it, but I only have a couple on there I'm dead set on playing so if one is suggested it may just get played. You could also just donate and "force" me to play a specific game on that list too. :p

Edited by Grieve

Sorry that I have been a little awol. Things have been hectic around here at my house. People are still asking if they have to be at my house for the entire 24 hours of Extra Life. (I can only say "its come and go" so many times before it gets old) On top of that we are looking into moving. Not sure if its actually going to happen. Ammunet and I kinda changed our minds about it again last night. Thinking of adding on instead.... 

Anyways. I have never streamed before. Ever. Don't even own a web cam. Can I get an inexpensive one that would still be decent enough quality? Best buy is right down the street from me... Do I have to pay for a service to stream (if yes, then... boo :()

I am working on my list of incentives but my mind has been kinda freaking out about a lot of things. Have a bunch of free games downloaded from Steam already. Queued up a bunch and let them go while I was sleeping :p

I may wear my cowboy hat while playing for Inedit since she apparently thinks that is all we wear down here :p

^^Hey look incentive lol^^ 

Yes, an inexpensive one should work just fine. I bought a cheap Logitech headset/webcam combo way back for like $25-30 and still use the webcam today.

As for the streaming, you'll want to set-up a Twitch.tv account and obtain streaming software, either OBS ( https://obsproject.com/) or Xsplit Broadcaster ( https://www.xsplit.com/ ). Both services are good so really up to you. I will say you may want to consider going with Xsplit and just ask for someone to donate early as Extra Life is giving a 3 month Xsplit Premium License for hitting $10, which you'll likely get anyways. If not, as Scp said, OBS is free and pretty much equal to Xsplit.

Lastly, you should make Inedit donate to get you to wear the Cowboy hat. :p

Edited by Grieve