• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BUMP!

I'm about to put in my leave for the whole week before the game day, so that's when you can expect to see Tyrlis chattering endlessly about reward levels and marketing strategies, etc. But don't you want to join the team BEFORE I get that crazy? I thought so.

C'mon friends. You don't have to play all day long. You can spread the time out over multiple days!

Im thinking about jumping on the team this year. I have been trying to find a place to donate my hair to as its been 2 years since its last cut. It was 13 inches in a ponytail the last time my wife measured it. May use that as a "bribe" and also donate the hair to a charity of the person's choosing. So it comes out as a double bonus. I may also put up my beard on the chopping block. Its been over a year for that. Cant donate that but Im sure that there are people who hate beards enough to pay to see one gone :p (my wife) 

Unfortunately I cant take off a week even though I wish I could. But Im thinking about making mine an open house type of event for friends and family. Having a couple of playstations set up and charging something like 5 bucks to come in a play. Then I can play online if no one is here. Would help break up the hours of just sitting in a chair all day. 

One of the best prizes this year is one of the cheapest, the $10 3-month XSplit license. That's what I used to stream last year and it worked great. http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1088

Cryus, you absolutely don't have to take the week before off - I was already planning to spend that week knocking out my last few tourist spots here in DC/Maryland/Virginia before I realized it was also the week before Extra Life.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/kdtkh/8j2alk

31b80464cd5c68dbea43cbdd_600x125.jpeg

Hey Nathan,
It's time for the Extra Life community to Thunderclap! Take five seconds to donate a tweet or a Facebook status and help us spread the word about our cause in unison on October 24 at 7 p.m. EDT. Sign up at http://thndr.it/1gNigcb

e8b6e211013f120cb1e6b802_440x252.png  

What is a Thunderclap?
Thunderclap is the first crowd-speaking platform that helps people be heard by saying something together.  If we hit our goal of 500 supporters, Thunderclap will blast out a timed Twitter or Facebook post from all of our supporters, creating a wave of attention on October 24, 2015 at 7 p.m. EDT.

What to say?
You can either customize your post or opt-in to use our suggested message of:

978ed00f1902b43db54d6255_440x200.png  

How can you help?
You can support our Thunderclap by donating a post from your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts. Visit
http://thndr.it/1gNigcb to link your accounts and Thunderclap will automatically share only this message on your behalf – no need to worry about logging in at a specific date or time! Then encourage your friends and family to join by sharing this link: http://thndr.it/1gNigcb

Thanks for helping us make Extra Life BOOM!

Liz Aponte
Team Extra Life
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

https://t.e2ma.net/message/8vbmh/8j2alk

spacer.gifspacer.gif
31b80464cd5c68dbea43cbdd_600x125.jpeg

Hi Nathan,

Today marks just 17 days before the official Extra Life 2015 Game Day. In 17 short days, a record-shattering number of Extra Lifers will take their controllers, mice and dice to help change this crazy world we live in by saving the lives of sick and injured local kids. THANK YOU for being a part of this amazing community.

As you prepare for Saturday, Nov. 7th (or whichever day works for you) please remember why Extra Life exists. This all happened because of one amazing young lady, Tori Enmon. While Tori lost her battle with Leukemia in 2008, her legacy of joy, fun and love continues to grow every day through your good work to prevent this from happening to another child.

The hubbub around Extra Life can be very distracting. I'll admit that it happens to me all the time. Fortunately, I have Tori to keep me in check. Pinned to a rafter in front of my desk is a picture of Tori and I, taken just days before she passed away. Her infectious smile is always in my view. I take time to look at it every day and remember her. It reminds me of you and all you're doing out there for kids like Tori, who are facing the unthinkable.
  058647c6eb17cd1e9d6ab5d3_440x330.jpeg  
Today, I ask you to consider doing the same. Below is a photo of Tori. Will you print it out today and keep it where you can see it for the next 17 days? When you get frustrated or anxious about your donation total or feel like you've asked all you can, will you take a moment to look at Tori and remember how hard she fought? When you feel too busy to ask for donations, will you give Tori a moment of your thoughts? I promise you she will motivate you.

Tori never gave up and neither can you and I.
  b8d839c3401e74f559e85bf0_375x279.jpeg  
Please feel free to share a picture of where ever you put Tori's photo. It could be at your desk, on your fridge, clipped to your car visor or anywhere that you know you'll see it. You can post them on our Facebook Page or Tweet them at us. We'll be gathering them up to share with Tori's family later this year. 

Thank you for helping to grow the legacy of a little girl from Orange, Texas.

In memory of Victoria Jo Enmon,

Jeromy Adams (Doc)
Team Extra Life
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

spacer.gif

P.S. If you haven't joined the Extra Life Thunderclap campaign yet, consider donating a tweet or facebook post on Oct. 24th to help spread the word!