South of Heaven does Extra Life 2015!

Tyrlis

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I'm compiling a list of games I may possibly play portions of during the Extra Life event. If you want to see me play one game over another, let me know, but you may be requested to make a donation. :p

~Games List~ (A couple are on my purchase list radar so if requested I'll obtain it.)

Bioshock

Bioshock II

Bioshock: Infinite

Tomb Raider

Portal

Portal 2

Half-life 2

Commander Keen

Oregon Trail

Wolfenstein 3-D

Doom

Mirror's Edge

Ori and the Blind Forest

Star Wars: KotOR

Star Wars: KotOR 2

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

The Last of Us

Bloodborne

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Uncharted

Edited by Grieve

My games list is going to depend on the whims of my kids, who will likely be driving the first 8 hours of the stream. It could be anything from my Steam library or our PS3 collection, though I'm expecting a lot of Minecraft, Disney Infinity, and Octodad. My middle daughter has dreams of being a YouTube star and has recorded probably a hundred hours of herself gaming while laughing like a maniac, getting reminded to do chores, forgetting she's 'streaming' and going quiet for long periods... it should be a good time, hahaha.

My list is going to depend on who shows up at my house. I have made an event on FB and invited a bunch of people. Im starting to get some feedback so we will see how many people actually show up. In between gaps of people I will probably play WoW. 

I did set a price on the beard and ponytail. Its first come first serve as I can only cut it once :p 

$50 for the ponytail and your choice of charity for me to donate the hair to. 

$25 for the beard. Cant donate beards but you will have the gratitude of my wife lol

How do you guys feel about having a SOH-wide FPS event that night? We've always TALKED about playing TF2 together... but never actually done it.

I've just turned the Wifey loose on my page and the team's page. She's a social media & marketing genius. For all I know, we'll have $10k in donations by tomorrow.

Edit: Some good links. Here is a multimedia kit, which I'm going to use to customize my stream overlay (you really need an overlay so you aren't repeating your donation URL every five minutes). Here is a video on some cool ideas for what to do with your stream.

I'll need to re-download it, but I'd be game for a little bit of TF2, especially if we can get an entire SOH group. Though, I'll admit it's been awhile so I'll be dying a lot. Also, Cryus, it is F2P.

I've already spread word to family and friends via Facebook and e-mail. I'll likely be doing another round of emails, including some co-workers, sometime around Friday.

As for my stream setup, I'll have a link on my twitch.tv channel page. I may look into setting up a channel bot that posts the link every 15 minutes or something, but I need to do some serious research. I've also run across an issue of keeping a cam running while I stream PS4 games so still trying to work that out. (I may get a capture card this week and rearrange my room for the event, but I'm trying to figure out a way to avoid that...)

Alright, I'd like to set a couple goals to complete before the end of this weekend.

Streamers --

1. Get all your hardware and software set up. It only takes a $10 donation to get the XSplit license, which is what I plan on using for my stream. Set up your Twitch stream and make sure it works with whatever platforms you intend to stream on.

2. Update your home page on Extra-Life.org and add a picture (I'm guilty of not doing this yet myself).

3. Link your page at least once on FB or Twitter or both, to keep reminding people that you're fundraising.

4. Come up with your basic list of perks, goals, & stretch goals.

Supporters --

1. Consider becoming a streamer! I'd like to expand our team to at least five, ideally ten, we've got so many great people here I'm sure we can do that. You don't have to stream for 24 hours straight - you can cut it into smaller chunks if you'd like. The only requirement is a willingness to do what it takes (including a bit of embarrassment!) to raise money for a great cause.

2. Help spread the word to your friends & family by linking to our team page & mentioning the Extra Life campaign in-game.

3. Plan to participate in the 'Team Fortress 2 Night' on Saturday night. I'd like to get a good SOH group together so we can fill up a server.