[EVE]Pardet Kynes:How I learned to stop worrying and love the introduction

Pardet Kynes

Hey ladies, gents, and space aliens. My name is Pardet Kynes. I saw your reddit ad and was directed to this forum to introduce myself.

In regards to gaming, EvE is the first MMO I have played more seriously than a trial account, mostly due to the fact I hate theme parks. Other games that I like are the Paradox Grand Strategy line(CK2, EU4, VIC2, and last but not least HOI3) and TF2. I also enjoy the cult clasic Space Station 13, also known as internet asshole simulator. And I also enjoy various indie titles, such as Dwarf Fortress, Risk of Rain, etc. Just look at my steam profile(Name there is Werty). In EvE Online, I like stealthy bullshit PvP, but I also like to brawl. I'm a Brave Newbies veteran, as in I was there when they died horribly, and also experienced in wormholes. I left Brave shortly before the fountain collapse and have been tooling around with Spectre Fleet and Bombers bar ever since, steadily getting bored and bleeding money. I also have no idea how highsec works.

I am a student currently residing in the land of the free(hah!), more specifically the state that everyone remembers for it's great tea parties. I am interested in becoming a entrepreneur when I finally finish getting told various bullshit that I pay loads of money a year for. In my spare time outside of gaming I like to read books, am a fan of a famous sci-fi series, as anyone can tell based on my name. I also spend time chilling, hanging out with friends, and working through whatever stuff I get assinged, and occasionally when I feel like torturing myself, go for a run.

That's basically all I have to say, feel free to bombard me with you questions in three... two... one.

Paradox Interactive games! :thumbup: I played many many hours of HoI2 and CK2. For some reason I could never get into EU4 the same way I loved CK2 and HoI2... what's your theory as to why that is?

I googled your name and found no reference to any science fiction novels... explain?

I live in Maryland right now but visited Boston last year for PAX East and loved all three days I spent in the city, even when I WASN'T getting swag. Did you grow up in MA or did you move there for school?

My wife is also going to become an entrepeneur, and she does all kind of silly things I don't understand (research, networking, writing 'business plans', that LinkedIn site thing). What kind of business are you thinking about starting?

Lastly, an EVE question... as a wormhole daytripper, have you converted to the Religion of Bob?

Paradox Interactive games! :thumbup: I played many many hours of HoI2 and CK2. For some reason I could never get into EU4 the same way I loved CK2 and HoI2... what's your theory as to why that is?

I googled your name and found no reference to any science fiction novels... explain?

I live in Maryland right now but visited Boston last year for PAX East and loved all three days I spent in the city, even when I WASN'T getting swag. Did you grow up in MA or did you move there for school?

My wife is also going to become an entrepeneur, and she does all kind of silly things I don't understand (research, networking, writing 'business plans', that LinkedIn site thing). What kind of business are you thinking about starting?

Lastly, an EVE question... as a wormhole daytripper, have you converted to the Religion of Bob?

1. EU4 is pretty different to CK2 definitly, I guess because it's a lot less personal and peace time is pretty boring. Rather than having detailed charecters, all you get is a name and three stats, and not much to do other than move along at speed five during peace. I find it fun because it's a lot harder than CK2 to 'win' at. Especially with smaller nations, but even with huge empires shit can happen that screws you. Where as CK2, if you start as anything but a vassal count you can easily be the strongest power in the game in few generations.

2.Hint:Replace the e in Pardet with a o

3.I'm actually nativly russian, so I was born in Moscow, but my family moved to the US before I was a year old. And I've grown up in MA and have been studying there also. Growing up with a Russian family, I also speak Russian.

4.Something to replace all of those job sites search sites and linkedin :p I've spent a lot of time looking at them, and they are currently the MySpaces of the internet. Just waiting for something slicker, more intuitive, to come replace them.

5.Bob is love, Bob is love, Bob is life! When I daytrip I often leave my first 10u of gas at the sun as a sacrifice.

So... during my first 12 hours as recruitment director I missed a really cool application. If it helps, I'm making the effort to txt from the bar in order to express my approval of your post and particularly the title.

I'm assuming we've already bonded about fountain and brave? Right. So what about the recruitment post tickled your fancy?

Also my name is Bob so this whole Bob is God thing in Eve is pretty trippy.

So... during my first 12 hours as recruitment director I missed a really cool application. If it helps, I'm making the effort to txt from the bar in order to express my approval of your post and particularly the title.

I'm assuming we've already bonded about fountain and brave? Right. So what about the recruitment post tickled your fancy?

Also my name is Bob so this whole Bob is God thing in Eve is pretty trippy.

I dunno if I can specifically point down one thing that made me go 'hey I should throw a app into here' It was more of a combination of all the little nice things, if that makes any sense.

Also, RIP. Obviously the only solution is to bring the bar to your house :)