[FFXIV] Exava Stark

Exava_Stark

Greetings all who take the time to read this. I am a former member of SoH who most assuredly was booted for inactivity some time ago. Based on my chat with Yuri this morning, I suspect roughly 12-15 months since I have played FFXIV due to some massive RL changes. I will outline myself below to the best of my ability and see where things take us. 

The reason I disappeared was because I had lost my job which really turned my life upside down. My wife and I had just returned from Europe and I was informed that I had 2 weeks before my time was up. I was told to either relocate permanently or spend 6 months out of the year away from home or be fired. I chose the latter, my family will always take precedence over my work. 

Why I am back is first and foremost because I saw the post on Reddit about the free login time. I figured I'd jump back in for a bit and see how things are. I have identified that I really have more free time than I give myself credit for and I would like to try having another opportunity to play the game and enjoy it. I am first and foremost seeking a friendly environment where I can make friends and look forward to logging in each day and playing with those friends and just enjoying the game. I have a long ways to go to catch up to the story quests as well as upping my gears level. 

What's going on with me is that I am now a full-time college student in my 2nd of either 4 or 5 semesters. I am working on an Associates in Computer Programming. Right now I am mainly learning Java after beginning with C# in my first semester. I have 5 classes right now, plan to take 3 in the summer and am not sure what is happening yet in the fall. I really have no consistent play time, it just depends on how much homework I have that week. 

A somewhat brief reminder of what's going on with my character and my MMO history. I started playing MMO's a long time ago with a game called Risk Your Life. Once I played that for the first time, I realized that MMO's were quickly becoming my favorite genre. I eventually and unfortunately picked up World of Warcraft and the 10 years that followed were a bit of a blur. I main tanked in guilds ranging from top 5 on their server to casual guilds. I have always enjoyed tanking more than any other role. I started playing FFXIV during the re-launch. If you played during the re-launch you'll remember the first weekend when they shut down the servers for new players and stopped selling digital copies in order to try and handle the surge of players breaking the servers. I actually bought a key from Japan through a CD Key selling website and was able to login. That is when I first found out that I really enjoy this game. I haven't played a ton of end-game content in FFXIV as it seems I can never keep up with the content. I really want to stick with the game this time. Unfortunately I am only level 50 on my Paladin, and I have nothing higher than 20 as far as combat jobs go. I do have a level 29 armorer but crafting has never been something I've been good at. 

I am open to answering any and all questions if there are any answers sought from me. I also understand if there is hesitation in considering me as a member again. However, I'd like the opportunity to prove myself once again. I may not be able to be online every day, and I may not have more than an hour or so on some days, but I would really like to try to catch up to the content and at least be in the same vicinity of it as opposed to so far away. 

Please feel free to seek me out either in game, via messages or in reply to this post. I really do look forward to hearing from you all again. 

Welcome back!  Sorry to hear about your old job. :(

I don't think you made it all the way through your trial last time, but we can restart that now.  Did you get your Mumble date?  It's been a long time, and I don't remember!  In the meantime, I'll bump you back up to Guest on the website.

I looked over your old recruit thread, and you did sign the CoC, so you probably had the date already.  We can do an informal version of it again since it's been a while.  I will be traveling this weekend, but maybe Goose or Kestrel can go over things with you?  Or I can when I get back.  

There isn't really anything in particular you have to do now!  Just send a tell when you're in-game, and we'll get you invited.  If you still have our Mumble info, you can ask on there as well; people might be around just not logged into FFXIV.