Hello! Returning after a hiatus :)

Schmoe

Hi there,

I'm looking to roll a Monk and enjoy the ARR experience again before picking up Heavensward. I live in a EST time zone.

A little about me:

I dabbled in FFXIV pre-ARR during its groan worthy era.  When ARR was launched I fell in deep 'like' with the redesign and played a character on Sargantas to the end of the main story, then got a bit bored as there weren't a ton of side activities at the time, and grinding dungeons for currencies wasn't enough of a draw.

After a long break I'm now hoping there's more off-raid activities to peak my interest while I happily putter about. I will take part in Raids and such, but I need to break up my activities so the repetition doesn't get to me.

Thanks very much!

P.S. I'll be rolling a new character tonight on your home server, if I get the name I'll post it here :D

P.S.S. I forgot about how servers fill up period!  I may be outta luck :S

Hello!  Leviathan is usually closed during prime time EST, but if you try late at night (like after 2am ish) or in the morning, it should be open.  

Are you free for a Mumble date either Friday evening or else some time over the weekend?

Thanks Minori for your support! :D

I'm playing as an Elezen as I figure the lanky proportions would make my future Monk moves look swell.  Regarding pets - I have a few minions but I expect that's not what you mean?

I do plan on rolling another with a focus on magic, and the no-belly button race was on my mind. ;)

(edit)  Have any of the SOH members tried Discord?  I tried it recently and found it blissfully straight forward.

1 hour ago, Minori said:

Are... you a Lala? Did you know they don't have belly buttons?

Oh for the love of... WE HAVE BELLYBUTTONS! I have screen shots to prove it!!

Lala pride represent man, you should do it, we are the best!

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome!

1 hour ago, Schmoe said:

I do plan on rolling another with a focus on magic, and the no-belly button race was on my mind. ;)

Unless you feel strongly about keeping your punching away from your spellcasting, it's not recommended to create a new character to try different classes. As I'm sure you remember, you can do everything on one character, and the game is designed with the assumption that you will!

4 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Welcome!

Unless you feel strongly about keeping your punching away from your spellcasting, it's not recommended to create a new character to try different classes. As I'm sure you remember, you can do everything on one character, and the game is designed with the assumption that you will!

The benefits of one character that can be all (as per FFXI and other FF titles) does have terrific appeal, I may change my mind about that, sometimes I just get the itch for a change of race :)