Returning Renard deGuerre

Renard deGuerre

Probably better to have this conversation in our EVE forums. :)

It's interesting to me that they used tackle-Tengus.  They did almost no damage but appeared to be designed to hold you in place (perhaps with a terrific tank - idk).  You certainly managed to take a lot of damage before you died.  Best bet in that situation was probably to go for some easy kills (maybe the confessors) and/or use your neut defensively to try to shed their tackle.  Another thing might be to have some key modules for refit if you plan to dual-purpose a ship like that.  An MJD could have allowed escape.

Yeah, I knew it was a risk, but based on the information I had at the time (as well as, admittedly, a desire to bloody their noses after the previous evening), I thought it could work out. I figured Drake would probably die, but that I could hang on and deal out at least a little pain, long enough for the inbound fleet members to arrive.

Unfortunately, what was a calculated risk for three ships was untenable for six. That's why I tried to abort the warp, but I was -- literally! -- about two seconds too late.

Sigh. Ah, well.

Hello, everyone.

After careful consideration, I've decided to drop out of EVE.

I like everyone in the Corp, and I've enjoyed flying with all of you this past several weeks, but I've realized that flying with you guys is the only part of the game I'm enjoying. The day-to-day grind of earning ISK has grown tedious, for me.

Additionally, I've found it rather disheartening to find that many of the skills I worked so long to create have such limited utility, as the game currently exists. Moreover, a lot of the friends I used to fly with no longer play, either (not Goons -- screw them).

Also, what drew me to EVE, initially, was the ability to discover something new and different. As I've played, this last few months, I realized that part of the game was over for me, a long time ago. Essentially, it feels like an old shoe that I've worn for too long.

Finally, my own table-top RPG campaign takes a fair amount of time, and a friend of mine plans to start his own GURPS: Space campaign (based loosely on a combination of Firefly, with some Traveller and GURPS: Transhuman Space elements), and I plan to play in that. As if that weren't enough, he and I play Stellaris fairly frequently, CIV VI comes out next month, and I find myself enjoying multiplayer strategy games, more than I do, EVE.

I'll probably give Star Citizen a go, when (if) that gets up and running, and perhaps I'll see some of you over there.

You guys are a great group and, as I said, flying with you was the best part of the game for me. Anybody who wants to drop a line and say, "Hello," you can contact me at the Denver GURPS Group Forum http://www.denvergurps.com/  or you can PM me through the forums at SJGames.com.  I'm tshiggins, in both places. If anybody comes to Denver on business or vacation, drop me a line and I'll buy you lunch.

Fly dangerous, everybody. I'll see you around.

11 minutes ago, Renard deGuerre said:

Hello, everyone.

After careful consideration, I've decided to drop out of EVE.

I like everyone in the Corp, and I've enjoyed flying with all of you this past several weeks, but I've realized that flying with you guys is the only part of the game I'm enjoying. The day-to-day grind of earning ISK has grown tedious, for me.

Additionally, I've found it rather disheartening to find that many of the skills I worked so long to create have such limited utility, as the game currently exists. Moreover, a lot of the friends I used to fly with no longer play, either (not Goons -- screw them).

Also, what drew me to EVE, initially, was the ability to discover something new and different. As I've played, this last few months, I realized that part of the game was over for me, a long time ago. Essentially, it feels like an old shoe that I've worn for too long.

Finally, my own table-top RPG campaign takes a fair amount of time, and a friend of mine plans to start his own GURPS: Space campaign (based loosely on a combination of Firefly, with some Traveller and GURPS: Transhuman Space elements), and I plan to play in that. As if that weren't enough, he and I play Stellaris fairly frequently, CIV VI comes out next month, and I find myself enjoying multiplayer strategy games, more than I do, EVE.

I'll probably give Star Citizen a go, when (if) that gets up and running, and perhaps I'll see some of you over there.

You guys are a great group and, as I said, flying with you was the best part of the game for me. Anybody who wants to drop a line and say, "Hello," you can contact me at the Denver GURPS Group Forum http://www.denvergurps.com/  or you can PM me through the forums at SJGames.com.  I'm tshiggins, in both places. If anybody comes to Denver on business or vacation, drop me a line and I'll buy you lunch.

Fly dangerous, everybody. I'll see you around.

Sorry to hear that.  I will also be playing star citizen when that comes out and I know many others from here will as well.  Take care.

@Renard deGuerre thanks for the kind words, the head's up, and for giving it all a shot!  I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but best of luck to you in the future.

Do you need some time to get assets out?  We'll go ahead and remove you from corp tomorrow if I've not heard back, but if you need some time that's completely fine with me.  Just let me know!