My introduction to South of Heavens :)

Jimmy390

o/ everyone!

I am not great in introducing myself but I'll give it a shot :)

My name is Jimmy, I am 19 years old, I live in The Netherlands (Europe) and I trade IT stuff for a living. I will be starting my study in September this year, and I am going to study ICT:clap:

As for my study I just graduated from high school !! Yeah I did HAVO which is Dutch for: Senior General Secondary Education. And now I have chosen to study ICT! Which Is also one of my main hobbies, from when I was young I was always fascinated by electronics and machines so I was going crazy when I got my first PC it was an old and broken Computer from the junk yard, so I could really do anything with it but after sometime my parents gave me an extra one and from those 2 dead machines I built one working, ever since I loved everything about computers an electronics and I still thank my parents for buying those PC's otherwise I probably wouldn't be here. So now I had my first working PC. and man I loved that thing for a fact I still got it today! On that old crappy machine I played my first games like Putt Putt, Pac Man and all sorts of weird race games :D So after a few years when I did a lot more with PC's I started gaming (console) and at first I played a lot of single player games, but one day I went on my parents (faster) computer and I figured out how to play a game online and since then I almost never went back to single player games. From the start I loved the interaction with other players and I started to develop both my social skills as well as my English (that helped me a lot during high school), and since then I started playing more MMO games on pc and since 2011 I bought my own gaming laptop! Yay:lol:... but realising in 2013 that it hadn't enough power to play the newest games I bought myself a brand new desktop that I am still using today! (I worked 3 years for it...)  But nowadays I am still playing console sometimes, I still work with electronics and most of the times I am online playing online games on the PC!

And one of my other hobbies is Star Gazing, I love almost everything about space, most because there is little know of and a lot to discover about it. So that is why I also own a decent telescope and I am often in my backyard looking up the sky!

I found this community by applying for a corp in EVE online and I met Valence or "Solomon" and immediately I felt like I was in a good and friendly environment so that is one of the reasons I am writing this Introduction! I talked a while with him about EVE and the Corporation and stuff and he was the first guy that I met on EVE that took the time to listen en talk with me... i applied for other bigger Corporations and they were all like fill this in and maybe you got a chance of getting through the recruitment process.... So props to Valence :)

One of my main/important things with playing games is that I like to play with mature and serious player that don't occasionally rage quit, go full mental jacket or be childish and ignorant .... I like to have a good time and some fun :lol: That's why I am here!

If there is anything you would like to ask me or tell me please send me a private message or reply to this topic!

if you want to add me on games or platforms:

Xbox Live: Jimmy770

PSN: Jimmy390

Steam: Jimmy390 (red an black profile picture)

Origin: Jimmy390 'Idem'

Uplay: Chriettiet

EVE online: Jimmy Estiras

I'll be lurking on the forums and joining mumble occasionally and I am looking forward to talking to you guys!

Have a good day and talk to you later! o7

Hi Jimmy, nice to see you on our site. :)

(Valence/Solomon here - unfortunately the one bad thing about playing games with your friends for so many years is that everyone has too many different names!)

I enjoyed chatting with you earlier.  It's ironic that you are into star gazing.  I just watched a documentary on Netlfix yesterday about gamma ray bursts (yeah, I'm a nerd), and they were talking about the two Dutch astronomers who played a key part in figuring out their true origins.  It was pretty interesting!  Maybe you can follow in their footsteps. :p

Well, these guys here on the forums will probably ask you some crazy questions.  Be ready!

Hello potential new space friend!

How often do you have to tell people that the Netherlands are in Europe? I imagine I'll be sad at the answer, but still...

What exactly is ICT?

I went and stalked your Steam profile and saw that you have 468 hours in Life is Feudal... holy shit. Did you build your own castle? I also noted 200 hours of EU4 but no similar amount of CK2... I personally find CK2 way more fun than EU4, but maybe I just enjoy the medieval backstabbing too much. :) Feel free to stalk me back, my Steam ID is Tyrlis and the profile pic is me firing an anti-tank rocket.

What have you done in EVE so far? What's your favorite type of ship? Favorite way to make ISK?

5 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential new space friend!

How often do you have to tell people that the Netherlands are in Europe? I imagine I'll be sad at the answer, but still...

What exactly is ICT?

I went and stalked your Steam profile and saw that you have 468 hours in Life is Feudal... holy shit. Did you build your own castle? I also noted 200 hours of EU4 but no similar amount of CK2... I personally find CK2 way more fun than EU4, but maybe I just enjoy the medieval backstabbing too much. :) Feel free to stalk me back, my Steam ID is Tyrlis and the profile pic is me firing an anti-tank rocket.

What have you done in EVE so far? What's your favorite type of ship? Favorite way to make ISK?

Hey Tyrlis!

I regularly need to tell people that because most of the NA, Asia and SA guys didn't know it... and they ask me if it is a place in the US or Canada :)

ICT stand for: Information and Communication Technologies (i think it means IT in the rest of the world?)

Yeah i played a lot of Life is Feudal with my Dutch friends, and yes we built our own castle, but the most fun part of that game for me is the roleplay!

Yeah actually my friends played a lot of CK2 but I never got into it :( But with EU4 we always play the mod Shattered Europe and with a group of 6 people is quite fun because you can form coalitions. back stab other players, etc...

In EVE I did a lot of mining (asteroids) in highsec, some planetary interaction and I just got into making blueprints and then making ships with these so I can sell them for a profit! At this moment my favourite type of ship is mining barges/ exhumers but I am looking more at PVP and heavy industry ships.

6 hours ago, Ashin said:

Hi Jimmy, nice to see you on our site. :)

(Valence/Solomon here - unfortunately the one bad thing about playing games with your friends for so many years is that everyone has too many different names!)

I enjoyed chatting with you earlier.  It's ironic that you are into star gazing.  I just watched a documentary on Netlfix yesterday about gamma ray bursts (yeah, I'm a nerd), and they were talking about the two Dutch astronomers who played a key part in figuring out their true origins.  It was pretty interesting!  Maybe you can follow in their footsteps. :p

Well, these guys here on the forums will probably ask you some crazy questions.  Be ready!

Hey Ashin,

Thanks for the welcome!

Did you watch The Cosmos with Neill deGrasse Tyson? I love that serie! I would love to be an astronomer one day but the to get a job in that branch in The Netherlands is quite hard :( so I eventually chose IT.