Meet me! :)

Galgarion

Hello everyone!

I'm not that great at introductions, especially about myself, but I'll give it a go! I'm a late 20's gamer who just moved into the mountain time zone in the US, from Oklahoma... I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on, though I'm currently in an EVE kick. I work mon-thurs at a small PC repair shop, and on Friday's I go to the local game shop and play some Warmachine (Feel free to ask, if you don't know what that is, it's a blast). Sadly, in those two sentences I've pretty much summed up my life currently. I'm a pretty chill and laid back guy, just looking for a few good pilots to hang out with, do some fleet stuff, and pretty much just goof off.

Thanks for listening, and feel free to pester me with questions, I'll answer them as best I can :p

Galgarion

OK proper response, with questions!

I miss Mountain time, I lived in Denver for six years but the Army wouldn't let me stay any longer.

What other MMOs have you enjoyed? Sandboxes, theme parks, MMOFPS?

How much of the PC repair work you do is just removing viruses/adware/malware? And what's the oldest OS you've seen?

How do you make your ISK in EVE?

How does Warmachine's initial investment compare to something really crazy like WH40k?

*Deep breath* Ok, here we go... @Ashin here is the Wormhole story.

I was an even newer pilot than I am now, and was brand new to exploring, and had no clue what I was doing, so I threw together a basic little Imicus, no guns, no cloak, just the basics. I scanned down and peeked into my first WH, looked around, saw no one, mined a little and popped back out, thinking. "Oh, that was fun, I'll have to do that again." The next day I went and scanned down my next WH, hopped in, and saw a ship just chilling at the entrance. My carebear reflexes immediately kicked in, and not knowing that I was cloaked for 30 seconds after coming in I immediately warped away, without bookmarking... I then spent the next 40 minutes simultaneously scanning my way through 3 different Wormholes, and dodging this guy that kept chasing me down... Until I finally made it back out into normal space... 60 jumps into null sec... I then proceeded to spend the next 2 hours running through null, in my unarmed and completely defenseless Imicus, dodging several gate camps, many warp bubbles, several pirates, and a large number of Angel NPCs, to make it back home. I immediately named my ship the Farscape-1.

@Kytn Recently, I've been going back through FF7 cause its been a few years since I played it last, I REALLY want to play No Man's Sky, but can't afford it right now. Been enjoying Subnautica, but I'm kind of waiting on the next big update. I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on, but prefer RPGs, with a slight leaning towards JRPG. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life (Prepares to fight off the angry mob with torches and pitchforks) so with those choices I have to say tea, but soda is my drink of choice. As towards fav ship, do you mean aesthetically or statistically? Pancakes are good, but I prefer waffles.

@Tyrlis I have /played/ tons and tons of MMOs, but the only ones I've really enjoyed and feel is worth a sub fee is Eve and SWTOR. I would say that about 70-80% is viruses and such, people don't know how to handle their computers safely. I don''t make much isk at all... at this point I only have ~100 mil in my wallet. This last question I can answer both you and @Scynner Warmachine is slightly similar to 40K but it's a lot more of a steampunk theme, it does have a high intoduction cost, but it kind of also doesnt... the game itself doesn't require many model to play, you can have a very basicbattle using only 4-5 models a piece and Privateer Press (The makers) actually sells battle boxes for each faction, which is about 50 and gives you enough to start playing. Each box includes a caster, and a few Warbeasts/Warjacks, and a quickstart ruleset. The expensive part comes when you want to build up bigger armies and battles, with the average army going to be an initial cost of about and additional 100 or so, give or take depending on what you want to do. The plus side of Warmachine and things like that is that they never become invalid... you can use the same army from 10 years ago if you want.