Ahoy der mateys!

Gared

Here's my little introduction so you get a basic idea at least =).  My character's  name is Gared Calimehtar,  Although I normally go under the name Korgh or Gunpowder Korgh when playing online...but this account and character were made on a whim back in 2005 before I used those names.

So it looks like I'm 34 now, been gaming for many years. I guess I started my online gaming "career" on a MUD from 1994 to 2002.  (The Two Towers LP mud...if anyone around even remember or knows what a mud is heh!)

I then moved on to Shadowbane and eventually WoW, playing along with a group called Ministry of Chaos until the group mostly fell to inactivity and then I ended up with a bunch of misfits called The Shipwrecked Pirates with whom I've played Darkfall, Guildwars 2 and various other non mmos.

I've been intrigued by EVE since late 2005, and I've tried approaching the game a few times but never really had a decent corp or friends to fly with...and to me having a good group of people around you really make or break an online game. So that's pretty much what I'm hoping to find here.  I unfortunately don't have as much play time as I used to in my "younger" days, but I still try to log on multiple times a week =).

Don't hesite to say hello in game or here ;)

K.

Yes.  I'll change that right now so your privacy is protected.  I'll just use your EVE name.  Tell me if you want to change it to Korgh or something.

Also, hello!  Nice to see you hear.  (This is Solomon / Valance B.)  I'm always happy to meet another gamer oldschool enough to talk about MUDs and Shadowbane.  Actually, my very first character named Ashin was in Shadowbane.  He was an Irekei channeler with the blood prophet discipline, which meant he could put three DoT's on this opponent.  At the time, that was a novel idea, and made him very nasty to fight. :)

Anyway.. back to EVE.  Did you wind up getting out to Branch last night?  What's the thing you are most looking forward to about your new null-sec adventure?  What's the thing you're the most nervous about?

I've played Darkfall as well as the newer Darkfall Unholy Wars.  What was your character name?  What clan were you in?  My name was Badaboom (forum name Ruyn) and I was the person who helped organize the first racial war which pretty much broke the server.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITQIDvS1Aoc

Anyways, Eve is the space ying to Darkfalls fantasy yang.  Eve is what you make out of it. 

Anyways, welcome aboard.

Never played Shadowbane, but we had a great GW2 chapter going for a couple years after launch. Random questions time!

How do you earn your RL ISK?

What's one stereotype that's completely accurate about your hometown?

What's your favorite type of space in EVE? (j-space, hi-sec, low-sec, null?)

What's your favorite thing to dip chips into?

Heh, too many questions to answer them all :) I'm a bit lazy.... But i'll try to answer a few that were asked in no particular order. While I don't dislike cats, I prefer dogs by far (Have a Bernese Mountain Dog) and I'm sorry but I tend to prefer Fall...

I managed to go out there last night yup! and Its hard to tell what Im looking forward to in my adventures in null-sec...I guess just that, adventures, fights and actually experience the game in other ways than just missions. Can't really say which space I like the most due to lack of experience I fear and I do like pancakes as long as they're covered with REAL maple syrup. 

Name was Gunpowder Korgh in Darkfall and I was fighting along The Shipwrecked Pirates... We played on Euro server and owned Erinthel as part of SBA (Shadowbane Alliance) until NA launched and we then moved there.

I don't dip my chips into anything, I try to buy chips that already taste good in general :P....as for Stereotypes about my hometown?  Hard to say, it's a small place that isn't known for much outside of strawberry fields. Though I'm sure there's a lot of stereotypes that are accurate about french Canadians in general, but I couldn't say which on top of my head, sorry!

Games I play besides MMO, strategy games, roguelikes and RPGs. I like stats too I guess! Here's some more titles I really like: Shadowrun Dragonfall, Mordheim City of the Damned, Wasteland 2, Darkest Dungeon, Stellaris, Europa Universallis, Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP), Valkyria Chronicles, Betrayal at Krondor, Battle Brothers, Space Rangers etc... There's a lot more games on that list but I guess that gives a basic idea.

Oh and games I'm looking forward to are Crowfall and Battletech (

Nice. Battletech is like turn-based Mechwarrior, right? I was in a Mechwarrior clan way back in the day...

Sounds like you're a proper Paradox fan. Have you played HoI4 yet? I bought it a couple months ago but I've been on a long PC gaming sabbatical, I'm really looking forward to playing it on Monday...

On 8/13/2016 at 9:09 AM, Tyrlis said:

I was in a Mechwarrior clan way back in the day...

"Way back in the day," he says. Pup! I ran the House Davion call list when Kesmai released the first multiplayer MechWarrior on GEnie ... that's how you go "way back" ...