Thanks for the Chat/Intro

Oshri Paliako

I logged into Eve and chatted with Solomon earlier.  It was entertaining and informative.  I appreciate the warm reception I received, though understand as a former CFC person I'm a bit suspicious :)

My in-game persona is Oshri Paliako ( http://eveboard.com/pilot/Oshri_Paliako ) and I have a couple of alts who mission, sometimes try to build things, try to sell said things for profit, usually fail at this, and go back out to mission.  I started playing Eve with no clue what to do, and this has continued pretty much up to the present where I still find a way to lose ships with incredible lack of skill.  I play for fun and laughs, and leave space politics up to those who would rather rant on websites and blogs as opposed to actually logging in and playing the game.  So while I was a member of the Bastion, I couldn't give two figs about the CFC/Imperium and their power plays.  I've never scammed anyone out of isk, shot an adorable new bro (outside of appropriate arenas - FW etc), or kicked a kitten.

I was lucky enough in Eve to find a fun group to roam with at first and followed those guys around.  From small gang roams, to Faction Warfare, to a confusing time in null (I think we were part of L3?  N3? Eh, something with a 3), into some carebearing in a couple of alt corps, back to null with the Bastion (Dead's Prostitutes being the corp), back to carebearing, and then back to Faction Warfare.  I always stuck with the same few guys.  That said, those dudes have all quit playing Eve and the one left is off blopsing things, which doesn't sound like much fun.  As such, I started looking for other places to play while keeping in contact with the old bro (and hoping a few others come back).

I'm currently looking for a chill group to fleet up with and shoot at other guys who hopefully shoot back.  I don't care if I lose ships, don't rage quit if my tristan (or whatever) disappears in a cloud of space dust, and I let the powers-that-be worry about who the bad guys are today.  I don't mind coalition or alliance sized ops, but prefer small gangs to sitting in station with 150 others waiting for that perfect fleet comp for 3 hours just to decide we won't undock because 'reasons.'

I can fly all races up to cruisers at V and can fly all races BC and BS (up to V is in queue), Minmatar BC and BS to V, I have logi V and am happy to try to repair you, I can fly a Sleipnir, have Recon to IV with V in queue, I have all turrets except Lg Energy Turrets to V (it is next in queue after a few missile support skills), missiles from rockets to heavy to HAM at V (cruise is a IV), Gunnery support skills at V, most EWAR skills trained, Missile support skills are at IV/V, I can fly bombers, T3Ds, a tengu, Minmatar marauder, a Panther for all your blops needs, command destroyers, interceptors, and most things smaller than a carrier.  Allegedly I can fly a Minmatar bubble maker thing but have never actually tried to bubble anyone.  (and as you can see my memory is terrible as I can't even remember what it is called...Sabre? That sounds right.)

Outside of Eve I played WoW up until Pandas.  I also play other 3rd person games.  First person games make me all kinds of motion sick.  Lately I have played the Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout, some Diablo-like game my wife bought off Steam, and I reminisce about days when sports games were fun (Madden '98 best Madden).  My wife plays Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Diablo, and most Japanese RPGs and tries to convince me that storylines matter.  I smile and pretend that the story is more than filler between fights ;)

I'm in my early 40s, work for the government, used to be in the Army, am a fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, eat too much, and am terrible at picking winning lottery numbers.

Feel free to ask questions or just say "GrrrGoons" to your hearts content.

Fly safely and carry a big turret.

Jon 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at you, taking the initiative to get the intro post up.  That earns you a cool-point!

Solomon / Valence here.  (I'm realizing I probably have too many names for most of our EVE folks to deal with ..)  We will get to your background check this afternoon - if you want, I could ask follow-up questions here or shoot you an eve-mail.  Let me know if you have a preference.  I know you mentioned that you are pretty hectic out-of-game for the next two (?) weeks, so I'm assuming we have some time.  But I'd still like to get you in sooner rather than later, if the match is good.

One thing I didn't mention last night, which I should.  We're pretty big on communications here.  From your writing this intro post, I don't get the sense there will be any problem there.  But I also like to warn folks that between our alliance and coalition, there will be a bit of a chore in registering for the various comms software.  Naturally, our alliance and coalition use different software for both voice and pings (because, why not), so we wind up asking new folks to get four things set up.. mumble, TS3, jabber and discord.  I'm sure if we could find a way to require a fifth or sixth program, we would!  Anyway, since you have been in null before, I'm assuming you are kind of expecting that.  But let me know if you have any concerns.

Also, at the risk of sounding super car-salesman.. if you still keep in touch with your buddy, but he's really into Blops, I just want you to know we have two alliance FC's that run blops fleets weekly.  We also have a blops group at the coalition level that's headed by one of the most respected blops FC's in the game (RiotRick).  So, as long as he were willing to do something OTHER than blops sometimes, we might be able to offer him a good home too.

We'll worry about you first, tho.  Others are going to ask you a series of random questions - more cool-points are generally awarded if your answers show some personality.

Welcome to the forums!

On my phone so my apologies for any formatting errors.

As far as I recall, I have mumble, TS3, and jabber already. Discord I would have to get. I may ask a few dumb questions about set up, but none should be an issue. 

You're correct, the next couple of weeks should be hectic at work, but things change daily.  Currently, I am scheduled for two 70 hour weeks but the overtime could disappear without much notice.

As for follow up questions, here or on evemail is fine. I can't access Eve from my phone so response time here will probably be quicker.  

I'll mention the blops to my buddy, but he seems happy where he is so I may not have much luck. 

Have a great day 

Thanks! 

My wife makes up for her lack of taste in husbands by having good taste in games :p

Coffee is my drink of choice. Alcohol wise I'm a fan of scotch and decent craft beer.

As for seasons, I prefer fall though we have no leaves to change colors so any season that isn't summer. 

I played a rogue until Cataclysm with an alt Pally heals. Deathwing/Fire lands I mainly pally healed.  I also had a pvp hunter.

I've never flown a pancake and balance legion ships tend to be a bit more blingy than I like to lose.   It seems like a fun  ship though. As for the breakfast food -  I prefer French toast. 

Welcome to the forums! We met briefly last night while you were chatting with Ashin/Valence/Solomon.

Since I'm still a newbro to EVE and I never played WoW, I'll leave the majority of the questions to others at this point. I will note that if your wife does play FFXIV she is more than welcome to check out our community's chapter that resides on the Leviathan server and apply to the community as well.

Hello again.

I've been reviewing your account info in between lunch and conference calls.  I have two areas of questions. :)

First, who is Vladomir Krukov (to you)?

Second, can you talk about your time in late 2015 as part of the Domain Research and Mining Inst?  How did end of there, and what's the general story behind that group?

Thank you!