Thanks for the Chat/Intro

Oshri Paliako

Vlad is my blops buddy. He was CEO of my current Corp until recently. His other character was in Avalon Project back in the day and I didn't know him as Vlad until going to null sec. 

I ended up in Domain Research and Mining because we'd left null and had nothing to do.   Vlad knew a guy who knew a guy. That's where I trained into the Panther but I never used it. The Corp we were in did very little outside of send passive aggressive eve mailings so I dropped out to join my alt's Corp to mission until some of the old crew came back and we joined FW again. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was interested in Domain R&M because of the PL connection.  I noticed that their founder, xKingofDarkness, went on to join Sniggerdly.  Afterwards, the new executor (Coat Hanga Strangla) sent out a mail about getting you guys in PL comms / registered for PL services.  Despite all the talk in their corp descriptions about being carebears focused on mining, I see an active killboard which employs some fairly high-end hardware.

Do you know anything about that relationship?

Huh, no idea about the Pl link or the like. I stay out of politics. As for being care bears, when Vlad pitched them to me it was as a blops/ganking type organization. I never got the impression that they were bearing it up, though that might be what they want people to think. I'd classify them (at least the part we joined) as a pvp/blops group. The first thing I was told to train was blops and jdc 5.

I was never asked to join PL comms or services though the organization itself may have put that out at one time or another (though I don't recall that being the case while I was there). 

Hello potential space friend!

I can understand that you don't always like alliance/coalition ops, but would it be an issue for you to attend big alliance/coalition CTAs at least a few times a month? Once/month is required for the alliance, but more is fantastic. While we're not super-obsessed with PAP links, we like to show that even though we're a relatively small corp, we really show up when it matters. During some big World War Bee fights I think we had more than half of the entire corp online and in fleet.

Now for the questions!

What did you do in the Army? I'm in MI, active duty still, 14 years down six to go.

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

What's your favorite ship outside of EVE and why?

14 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

My wife makes up for her lack of taste in husbands by having good taste in games :p

Alcohol wise I'm a fan of scotch and decent craft beer.

These sound like something Morkgrim, my husband, would say! Although he take pity on you for being a Buccaneers fan since he's been a fan of the New Orleans Saints since the beginning of time.

And hi from someone who has dabbled in multiple chapters, although not Eve, and is currently preparing for the launch of Legion. 5 invasions to go and all my lvl 100s (there are about 12 of them) will have done at least one! Yes, I have an alt problem.

5 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential space friend!

I can understand that you don't always like alliance/coalition ops, but would it be an issue for you to attend big alliance/coalition CTAs at least a few times a month? Once/month is required for the alliance, but more is fantastic. While we're not super-obsessed with PAP links, we like to show that even though we're a relatively small corp, we really show up when it matters. During some big World War Bee fights I think we had more than half of the entire corp online and in fleet.

It shouldn't be an issue.  If I am at the computer/online when a ping goes out I'll fleet up.  Worst case scenario I can amuse myself by saying such witticisms as "Tidi FC, What do?"  (kidding)  

5 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Now for the questions!

What did you do in the Army? I'm in MI, active duty still, 14 years down six to go.

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

What's your favorite ship outside of EVE and why?

Congrats on the 14 years.  I wish you the best on the remaining 6.  I was signal.  25F - Network Switching Systems Operator/Maintainer.  We've been replaced by 25N now.  I work for the Army now so If you ever end up back at the school house let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

I'm a fan of the vigil.  It's just a fun little ship to fly and target painters have amazing range which lets you appear on a million kill mails ;)  

Outside of Eve I'll have to go with the HMS Victory.  I'm a fan of the 'Age of Sail' and have visited the ship a few times.  It's magnificent.  I'd like to see the U.S.S. Constitution one day but haven't eve gotten to the area.

25 minutes ago, Merriwhizzle said:

These sound like something Morkgrim, my husband, would say! Although he take pity on you for being a Buccaneers fan since he's been a fan of the New Orleans Saints since the beginning of time.

And hi from someone who has dabbled in multiple chapters, although not Eve, and is currently preparing for the launch of Legion. 5 invasions to go and all my lvl 100s (there are about 12 of them) will have done at least one! Yes, I have an alt problem.

Sounds like you married a smart man.  Well, except for the Saints thing, but hey, no one is perfect ;)  I'm kidding and wish his team the best of luck in the 14 games they don't play the Bucs.

As for the rest, there is no such thing as an alt problem.  There are just more and more avenues for fun!  I just need to figure out how to get all my alts online at once so I can hold imaginary council meetings with myself.  That said, 12 level 100s? Dang.  Well played, well played.

17 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

I was never asked to join PL comms or services though the organization itself may have put that out at one time or another (though I don't recall that being the case while I was there). 

It was in a mail you received from their executor, back in late 2015.

Ironically, there was a "small" fleet of PL supers and titans moving through our space last night.  And since this is EVE, game of the hyper-paranoid, I got a little..

..like that.

So, for the record, what are your past and present affiliations with PanFam?  Any friends in there?  Any pending invasion we should know about? ;)

I  think you've read more of my mail than I have.  Now I'm going to have to go back and see if I can find it. 

I have no affiliations with PL of which I am aware.  I don't keep up with who moves where or what alt is what. I have a friend from work who does missions in his own Corp and then the guys I've played with over the years (Vlad and his alt John something Utrigas), alchazzar, and then Lord and Anthony though I don't think either of those have logged in a year +.  I get your spider sense is tingling and I'm not trying to put you on an uncomfortable place. Eve's a game and I'm just trying to find a fun place to hang out. If my past affiliations make you paranoid I'll go back to losing Tristans in FW 😃 I'm not looking to be the suspicious dude who makes you quit talking every time I come onto comms.

Life is too short to rain on anyone's parade. You all have been very nice so far and I won't be at all offended if you say, no thanks.

As for invasions, that would be news to me. But If you happen to see Elise in space shoot him for me, he's way too smug on alliance tournament streams. 

2 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

I'm not looking to be the suspicious dude who makes you quit talking every time I come onto comms.

No, I don't think so.  It's a loose connection at best.  But it's a question I felt obliged to ask.

Everything in your background check was consistent with a guy who's been loyal to a small group of friends for a long time.  You followed them to a variety of different environments, and you tried to reconnect with them whenever someone was returning from a break.  But over time, that group spread out and fizzled.  So you're looking for a new tribe to call home and with whom to cause explosions in space.  Hopefully, the bad guys' explosions happen more often than ours.

If that sounds about right, I think we're in business here.  I'd just be looking for a time when we can connect in Mumble, put voices to names, go over a few last details, and then hopefully get a [SOHCO] tag in front of your name.