[Eve] Simone Kaundur

Simone

Hi all, 

I had a great chat with Valence last night and think SOH would be an ideal Corp to join. I plan to join if accepted, so I figured I'd drop by with a forum introduction. 

I'm Simone and I'm a long time mmo player with a relatively short time in Eve. I've played off and on since 2012, mostly doing hauling and trading. Even though a hauling/trading background usually indicates an hi-sec lifer, I've actually spent most of my time flying through low and wh space. The thrill of not getting caught kept an otherwise boring activity interesting. I'm more interested in killing stuff this time around though!

I've played most of the big theme park MMOs, starting with LOTRO and moving to SWTOR, GW2, and most recently FFXIV. I PVP'd a good bit when SWTOR launched and did WvW almost exclusively in GW2. 

During the day, I'm a policy/program development supervisor for Pa state government. When I'm not gaming, I'm usually practicing my Bass or playing disc golf. 

I look forward to meeting you all and helping you blow stuff up! 

Hello potential space friend!

We had a really great GW2 chapter for a few years after launch, I spent WAAAAY too many hours of my life commanding in WvW. Random questions time!

Have any crazy wormhole stories?

Can you play the bass line from The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away"?

If you had to turn into an animal, which one would it be?

Let's see if I can get all these responses out before lunch is over :)

1 hour ago, Grieve said:

Welcome to the forums! 

GW2 WvW! Which server? Zerg, Roam, or Solo? Favorite class & build? - I played on TC and mained engineer most of the time. Really liked engi, mostly bomb or grenade builds (sometimes both!). Wish the flamethrower was better (maybe it is now, dunno how it is post expansion). Didn't solo much, pretty much split time between big zerg and roaming. Usually preferred roaming, but it server population made that hard to pull of at peak times (too many blobs). 

Also, what did/do you play in FFXIV? Scholar - I got midway through the expansion storyline but kinda got tired of everything being gated behind the story arc. Loved doing dungeons in the pre expansion stuff. 

Philly or Pittsburgh? Split the difference, I'm in Harrisburg :) 

30 minutes ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential space friend!

We had a really great GW2 chapter for a few years after launch, I spent WAAAAY too many hours of my life commanding in WvW. Random questions time!

Have any crazy wormhole stories? Nothing super crazy, clueless newbie stuff though. The idea of scanning hidden stuff down drew me into Eve, so I went straight into that when I started playing. So I'm out scanning and immediately find a wormhole. Of course it was, because it's highsec and all the other sigs get scanned right away. Didn't know that at the time. Anyway, I see this thing and think, cool what's on the other side? Hop in, warp away from the hole to a planet, and immediately realize I left my probes in hisec. Fortunately for me, this wormhole had an occupant who responded to my desperate local chats with helpful advice "you're stuck here, you have to kill yourself." 

Can you play the bass line from The Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away"? Probably not, my slap/pop is pretty weak. It's like learning how to write with your opposite hand for me. Haven't worked much on it yet. 

If you had to turn into an animal, which one would it be? Probably a parrot. Something with wings anyway. 

Hi Simone!  Are you ready to be addressed as Simone from here on out? :p

I enjoyed chatting with you last night, and I'm glad to see you here.  This is Valence / Solomon / Bob by the way.  I probably have too many names. 

Is it bad if I don't know what disc golf is?

I don't have any other questions, since we had a chance to talk for a while in Mumble already.  I do want to share a quote from the interview: "I could tell you guys are different because you actually use sentences." :thumbup:

I still have not gotten a chance to go through your API check, as it has been a crazy day at work.  We'll try to make sure we get to that today/tonight.  Cheers.

Cool man sounds good! Disc golf is definitely a niche sport, you are not the first person to have to idea what I'm talking about. It's basically frisbee plus golf using specialized discs that you throw at baskets from 200-400 ft away. Courses in PA are usually wooded,  great if you like hiking too. 

I revise my answer on RHCP/Give It Away. I expected slap from Flea and he doesn't play any on that song. I'm kind of messing around with line in between typing this, its not super complicated. 

Also I missed the SWTOR question earlier. I was on a PVP server at launch and Ebon Hawk after the big server merger, Republic side for both. Mostly played Scoundrel, Commando and Sage (healers woo, that's usually what I play in themeparks). Didn't like the Sage all that much.