(EVE) Mathias Pitsman

Mathias Pitsman

1 hour ago, Mathias Pitsman said:

I had such a clever reply to this question but the Internet connection at the airport is hot garbage so it's lost in the interwebs now. 

I I work in an oilsands mine in northern AB. 

For fun I play with my 1 and 5 year old daughters, golf as much as possible while still maintaining the appearance of an attentive and involved father and husband (turns out this is like 4 rounds a year tops), work on my house via renovations or currently finishing it up as we just finished building a new one, and lastly play video games.  That sentence has awful grammar but I'm on a phone and annoyed by the Internet connection so oh well.

Im from Edmonton, AB. Normally I would just say Canada but a) you guys seems more intelligent than the average person who asks me that question on the Internet, and b) you appear to be from the big MJ so you know where these places actually are. 

I I have 3 return questions for you. 

1) How many times have you visited mac the moose? 

2) How many tours of Capones tunnels have you done? (I am somehow up to 3 although I haven't figured out why)

3) How could you handle the mosquitoes and wasps this summer?  One trip to the park behind temple gardens and I was trying to convince the family to pack up and go visit anywhere else. 

Ah, my son lives in Edmonton and I lived there as well (about 20 years ago).  To your questions:

1) I knew Mac the Moose way back when he had balls but was denutted because someone painted them fluorescent green.

2) I have been on exactly one tour of the tunnels (Capone).  Kind of a neat story but my late grandma was from Rouleau, SK and she was friends of a lady from Rouleau who supposedly married Capone when he hid out here in Moose Jaw.

3)  This year has been especially bad for mosquitoes and wasps, especially late August.  How are they out in Edmonton. PS, I used to be the Sales Manager & Catering Sales Manager at the Spa.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

This is what happens when I am bored at work :D  

Oh I believe it, at my previous duty station I was able to access the forums from work and didn't have enough to do... now that I can't access them from work (and I'm busy as hell) I miss a lot, hehehe.

10 hours ago, Mathias Pitsman said:

My biggest haul came from a data site in WH space. It was a serpentis control tower bp or something similar so yes I stil run them when I'm exploring. I find the hacking minigame fun regardless of loot. 

Wow. OK yeah that would be worth a lot. I just felt like over time the sheer ratio of crappy data sites overwhelmed the bright spots...

12 hours ago, Mathias Pitsman said:

I I have 3 return questions for you. 

1) How many times have you visited mac the moose? 

2) How many tours of Capones tunnels have you done? (I am somehow up to 3 although I haven't figured out why)

3) How could you handle the mosquitoes and wasps this summer?  One trip to the park behind temple gardens and I was trying to convince the family to pack up and go visit anywhere else. 

Ooh exciting - this has never happened before!

I have an easy solution for #3 - stay indoors. :D

2 hours ago, Ashin said:

It's hard not to have sympathy for the man moose....

Right, I clenched up a bit even if it is only a big statue likely made of thin steel. 50 bucks says it was either drunk high school students near grad or a new snowbirds pilot getting hazed. 

My wife lived there for a while about 15-20 years ago and wasn't even aware that had happened. Although now I will have to specifically ask her about it maybe she knows who did it. 

To scynner,

Im in new construction so the bugs didn't get too bad until I laid sod and created a bog by watering twice a day. Barely any wasps though.  Also that's awesome that you worked at the spa. We travel between Edmonton and winnepeg more often than is sane and up until this year we have always stayed at the temple Gardens. It's kinda deteriorating now and it's more worth it to stay in a cheaper hotel and just pay if we want to visit the pool. We stayed at the grant hall last time we were there but I'm not sure I'll do it again. The antique look is kinda neat but I definitely prefer a more modern environment. 

I distincly remember an awesome Greek place on the Main Street but can't remember what it's called. All I can ever remember is Hopkins and the super cheap prime rib and drinks.

18 minutes ago, Mathias Pitsman said:

Right, I clenched up a bit even if it is only a big statue likely made of thin steel. 50 bucks says it was either drunk high school students near grad or a new snowbirds pilot getting hazed. 

My wife lived there for a while about 15-20 years ago and wasn't even aware that had happened. Although now I will have to specifically ask her about it maybe she knows who did it. 

To scynner,

Im in new construction so the bugs didn't get too bad until I laid sod and created a bog by watering twice a day. Barely any wasps though.  Also that's awesome that you worked at the spa. We travel between Edmonton and winnepeg more often than is sane and up until this year we have always stayed at the temple Gardens. It's kinda deteriorating now and it's more worth it to stay in a cheaper hotel and just pay if we want to visit the pool. We stayed at the grant hall last time we were there but I'm not sure I'll do it again. The antique look is kinda neat but I definitely prefer a more modern environment. 

I distincly remember an awesome Greek place on the Main Street but can't remember what it's called. All I can ever remember is Hopkins and the super cheap prime rib and drinks.

Well if your ever around let me know and maybe we can meet up.  Temple Gardens has been deteriorating because they are part of the Atlific Chain and the Spa has been supporting some of their other failing properties out in Alberta, however Temple Gardens has recently gone through some more renovations.  Grant Hall is beautiful but it sucks.  I've eaten there twice and the food is bland and soulless. 

Hey Mathias.  Thanks for being patient with me these past two nights.  Wednesday was a corp-led fleet, and Thursday was an important operation in defense of our home turf in Branch.

If I see you online tonight, I'll definitely make time for a mumble chat.  Other than that, you've jumped through all the other hoops.  Assuming our chat goes well, we'll offer you a corp invite - Scynner was clearly looking for more fellow Canadians to discuss Canadian sights!

Welcome to the corp!  I'm just taking care of your access rights now.

Please read through our new recruits orientation and complete all the things!

http://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/17804-new-recruits-orientation/

If you could try to get that done within your first week, we would greatly appreciate it.  I will also send a link via in-game mail.

One thing we did not get to talk about too much last night is that all recruits start off on a trial period.  During this time, we are looking for three things: (1) fit / integration with SOHCO vibe, (2) fleet participation, (3) good communications.  Ideally, we would like to see you in fleets once a week or more.  The barebones minimum participation is one fleet per month.  We understand when IRL takes priority - in those situations, we just appreciation a bit of communication to let us know what's up.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems registering for services.  Look forward to flying with you!