[Eve] Greetings from Em

Emily

Hi everyone,

I will be joining soon and I look forward to flying with you. This will be my first time in null sec so any tips or advice are appreciated. While I've been loitering in Eve for the past few years and have explored a good part of it, so far my adventures have brought me to you and I think here will be a lot of fun times ahead.

I am well trained in T1 hulls ranging from frigates to battlecruisers, as well as the Proteus. I have high proficiency with small and medium guns and I will be working on drones for the next few months. I'm looking to work on missiles or T2 ships after that.

Most of my PvP experience comes from RvB. I was fairly active with joining fleets for about a year, so I have some experience in frigate and cruiser combat, and I am no stranger to obeying FC, following primaries etc. However RvB fleets are pretty casual so I am definitely still new to PvP.

Thank you for inviting to this community, I hope that my skills and experiences will contribute to your goals.

Emily

--------------------

A bit about the person behind:

My name is Kim (guy) and I've been on Eve online since early 2012. So far I've just been training and getting in to new ships in high sec, so I'm really looking forward to this null sec experience. I'm currently living in California bay area, so I will usually be available during Pacific time, morning and nights - and weekends are usually free for me unless I'm involved in another project.

I'm in my late 20s, my background is actually in medicine (MD) but my interest shifted to Ecology and health before I completed it. I currently work in a private practice clinic as an admin, but my goal is to start a regenerative farm when the opportunity arises. I'm a strong believer of peak oil and peak energy so I'll be happy to start that conversation if desired.

I'm also an avid gamer, titles that I currently play include Eve, World of Tanks, Overwatch, League of Legends. I do have guild wars 2 installed but it hadn't kept me interested from the 2 hours I played so far.

That's the short story about me. You're welcome to ask some questions to quell your curiosity.

Kim

Edited by Emily

Welcome Emily! I'm also new to the null scene, but rest assured this group is helpful and supportive of helping people get on their feet as I've experienced this personally. Good group of people here; very friendly and mature with zero drama. There is always activity with this corp/alliance/coalition so you'll never be without something to do during your time online.

Moros Ker, thanks for the welcome. I was pretty sure I found the right corp when I Ashin approached me. ;)

Regenerative farming is just the opposite of extractive farming. Most agriculture done today is extractive - a plot of land is opened up, and then farmed for crops in such a way that the land becomes less productive / deteriorates over time. Regenerative farming on the other hand, improves the soil and land fertility the more you farm. Another difference is that conventional farming is often carbon positive, whereas regenerative farming is carbon negative. It's one of the major way of closing the carbon cycle with the large amount of fossil fuel (carbon) we are dumping into the air.

Edited by Emily

Thanks for the app!

I'm surprised GW2 didn't hold your attention, but maybe it requires a group. We had a really active GW2 chapter for a few years back after it launched. I'm also a pretty big fan of World of Tanks, though it's been years since I played. I've found that people have memorized all the routes and all the sight lines and it's too formulaic at this point.

Question time!

What does it feel like to engage in actual combat in hi-sec?

What's your favorite ship and why?

What's your favorite thing to put between two pieces of bread? (Do you like bread?)

Simone, I'm going to null sec because you fine people decided to make it your home. I'll happily move to wormhole, lowsec, highsec if you decide to move again. :)

Grieve, I think I like station trading the best -_-" I don't need to do anything and the isk rolls in. Other than that any kind of PvE works fine.

Tyrlis, Yea I was in GW2 and within the first 2 hours no one talked even though we are next to each other... I'm kinda done with single player games trying to be MULTIPLAYER online games. I still find WOT fun - it's more about trying to focus fire with pubbies that makes it lol (or mad). High sec combat is too much station camping or dumb people trying to suicide gank me fully tanked sigil. My favorite ship is the Proteus, it looks like this weird blob thing. This troll question... but I'll answer it seriously: I'm on a gluten free / grain free diet so no bread :p

Tinymanz, Thanks for the welcome! I hope to meet you in game soon.