[EVE] Atticus Onassis

Atticus Onassis

Greetings!

You never quit Eve; you just take breaks. I'm coming back after a 10 month work hiatus and am looking for a group of established, mature players, who want to have a good time and conquer space pixels!

Eve Summary:

I originally started playing back in Jan. '14 and mostly flew with outfits in Providence. In that time, I amassed a series of Indy and PVP characters for specific purposes and am looking forward to having my tribe contribute to the cause. I have the capacity to support industry in terms of production (1), logistics (freighters, 2), PI(2), and my traders(4) have the collective capacity to concurrently manage 1000+ market orders with the lowest possible overhead. I have a total of 6 characters and ISK is not an issue for me as I have multiple income streams from activities above.

While I was previously focused on industry, I would like to focus on PVP moving forward - but will put in the work wherever necessary.

Personal Summary:
Gamer through and through; taking it back to the original 8-bit Nintendo. My main game genres now are 4X/Sci-Fi and strategy games like CIV. I'm married with 3 kids residing in Texas and have worked in IT for the Oil and Gas industry in a number of roles for the last 10 years. I am mainly available in the evenings between Thurs-Sun. Sometimes I have to travel for work, but can provide notice in advance. 

Looking forward to hearing from you and learning more about SOHCO.

- Atticus

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there - thanks for taking the time to stop by and post an intro!  How did you hear about us - did you get a mail from Solomon (me) or just stumble upon one of our recruitment posts?  What caught your eye?

Like I just said in another thread, gamer-for-life with less time due to job/family is pretty much our target audience, so we're off to a good start there.  Did you re-subscribe one/all your accounts, or are you alpha at this time?  How many accounts are you looking to have join the corp?

If you don't mind skipping over a few steps, the most helpful thing to get the process rolling might be to send me a full API for those accounts.  You can use the below link, and please select the 'No Expiry' option.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

You're probably familiar with this process, but I'll be looking through your character to get a sense of your past history, current capabilities, etc.  In the meantime, what questions do you have that I might be able to answer?

@Ashin pretty sure I sent him here after he was in our public channel.  If memory serves you may have sent him something as well.

On to the questions.

Eve Related:

What's one failed market experiment that you have tried that sticks out in your mind?

Non-Eve:

What's the most dangerous thing you've ever done?

How do you handle the zone defense with 3 kids?  We have 2 and I can't imagine switching from man-to-man to a zone.

10 hours ago, Atticus Onassis said:

I originally started playing back in Jan. '14 and mostly flew with outfits in Providence. In that time, I amassed a series of Indy and PVP characters for specific purposes and am looking forward to having my tribe contribute to the cause. I have the capacity to support industry in terms of production (1), logistics (freighters, 2), PI(2), and my traders(4) have the collective capacity to concurrently manage 1000+ market orders with the lowest possible overhead. I have a total of 6 characters and ISK is not an issue for me as I have multiple income streams from activities above.

Damn that's alot! The most I've ever had going at once is 300ish, and I could barely keep up. There's plenty of PvP to be had out our way, we look forward to shooting stuff with you!

Hi Ashin, I posted a LCF thread in r/evejobs and you replied an shared more about your corp and alliance. I was looking for a mature corp in a solid alliance that held the same ideas about mutual respect for people, RL, while having fun shooting space pixels. While I have industry back ground I wanted to focus on PVP going forward and the alliance principles resonated with me. 

@Mathias, yeah we chatted in the public channel for a bit before you were off for the night. As far as a failed market experiment, there was a time I was speculating that an upcoming update was going to have a dramatic effect on pricing of ice on the market. I thought this would balloon the price of input costs for T3 modules. Well, the effect wasn't as dramatic as I thought plus two sellers cam in right about the time I was going to sell and depressed the prices such that I lost about 30% of my investment. I could have recovered, but I didn't want to hold 2B+ in those T3 modules while prices recovered to the break even point so I cut my losses and invested in other things.

As far as the most dangerous thing I've done, probably my morning commute (on Houston roads). I'm sure I did plenty of stupid things in college and high school, but also drank a lot back then and don't remember a lot I'm sure. 

Yeah 3 kids is the reason why we're tired all the time. Never recall being this tired with one. I think 1 to 2 was a bigger shock then 2 to 3, but not an old man's game for sure. Last one is almost out of diapers thankfully. 

@ Hi Scynner, yeah for name selection I took the first names from pop culture and mythology. Last names are typically taken from politics or the military. I'm pretty handy on a grill and smoker. Years ago, my friends and I had a cook team that we ran for a number of years. Briskets, chicken, ribs, beans, are my favorite things to prepare for my friends. Unique marinades / rubs are what makes the difference - the key is balancing flavor and a degree of kick. FYA: sweet bbq is an abomination.

-- Atticus

10 minutes ago, Atticus Onassis said:

@ Hi Scynner, yeah for name selection I took the first names from pop culture and mythology. Last names are typically taken from politics or the military. I'm pretty handy on a grill and smoker. Years ago, my friends and I had a cook team that we ran for a number of years. Briskets, chicken, ribs, beans, are my favorite things to prepare for my friends. Unique marinades / rubs are what makes the difference - the key is balancing flavor and a degree of kick. FYA: sweet bbq is an abomination.

-- Atticus

Cool, I think we can be friends.  Look forward to flying with you.

5 hours ago, Ashin said:

Hey there - thanks for taking the time to stop by and post an intro!  How did you hear about us - did you get a mail from Solomon (me) or just stumble upon one of our recruitment posts?  What caught your eye?

Like I just said in another thread, gamer-for-life with less time due to job/family is pretty much our target audience, so we're off to a good start there.  Did you re-subscribe one/all your accounts, or are you alpha at this time?  How many accounts are you looking to have join the corp?

If you don't mind skipping over a few steps, the most helpful thing to get the process rolling might be to send me a full API for those accounts.  You can use the below link, and please select the 'No Expiry' option.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

You're probably familiar with this process, but I'll be looking through your character to get a sense of your past history, current capabilities, etc.  In the meantime, what questions do you have that I might be able to answer?

Ashin, I PM'd you my API key. I have two active accounts, but just looking to join Atticus unless you think my alts can contribute to the orgs financial engine. 

- Atticus