[EVE] Dmitri Blok

Dmitri Blok

Dmitri! Welcome, sorry I've been out getting abused by my company reorganizing so haven't had much the to get on this week. 

So a few questions, what type of engineering profession do you want to pursue? What's your favorite Netflix series / most hated show. What's your favorite sandwich? What is your beer of choice?

- Atticus 

Thanks for the warm reception, guys. I'm looking forward to flying with you all.

31 minutes ago, Atticus Onassis said:

Dmitri! Welcome, sorry I've been out getting abused by my company reorganizing so haven't had much the to get on this week. 

So a few questions, what type of engineering profession do you want to pursue? What's your favorite Netflix series / most hated show. What's your favorite sandwich? What is your beer of choice?

- Atticus 

Well, Atticus, I'm not too certain of where my education will lead. Like I mentioned earlier, the ideal scenario for me would be a job in the bike industry, probably doing stuff like stress-testing frames or components. Even if I'm not specifically in bike industry, I could see my self doing that type of work in other applications.

For Netflix shows, if we're talking strictly about Netflix originals, I've thoroughly enjoyed House of Cards and Daredevil, and I might start watching Narcos.

Favorite sandwich: corned beef reuben with sauerkraut.

Favorite beer: I'm not a huge beer drinker but I have a friend who's big on beer and he let me taste a stout from a local brewery in Pittsburgh that he saved a few of. It had a really strong but smooth taste, about 28 IBUs. I'll have to find out the name from him when I can.

Hello @Dmitri Blok - Valence B here, and thanks for your patience.  As others have already asked many questions, I think the most helpful way to get the ball rolling is to send us your API information.  I suspect you are already familiar with this EVE-procedure, but let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

You can use the following link:

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Please check the "no expiry" option, and send me the resultant information via a PM here.  Note - this is a good opportunity to review what API's you have outstanding and delete any that are no longer needed. :)

Also, please let me know if you have any questions about the corp or alliance that have not already been answered by others.

@Dmitri Blok thanks for sending the API over.  It looks like the character is pretty "new" as you mentioned.  When I reviewed your skills, I saw that you will need to do some focused training in order to be able to fly any of our doctrine ships.  It looks like some additional missile and misc. skills will enable you to fly caracals and cerbs, which is good.  That would probably be the initial focus.  What sorts of ships do you ordinarily fly?

Other than that, I'd like to set up a voice interview with either myself or Tbert at some point this week. 

9 hours ago, Ashin said:

@Dmitri Blok thanks for sending the API over.  It looks like the character is pretty "new" as you mentioned.  When I reviewed your skills, I saw that you will need to do some focused training in order to be able to fly any of our doctrine ships.  It looks like some additional missile and misc. skills will enable you to fly caracals and cerbs, which is good.  That would probably be the initial focus.  What sorts of ships do you ordinarily fly?

Other than that, I'd like to set up a voice interview with either myself or Tbert at some point this week. 

Hi Ashin,

What are the typical doctrine ships? As you mention, Caracals and Cerberi are probably the best bet for me at first. If you guys ever run an armor doctrine and/or turret weapons, I will need a significantly higher SP/time investment to make that work. I do have some SP invested in projectile weapons and turret support skills but not a lot. Of course, I'd be very willing to train skills to fit fleet doctrines over time. At the moment I fly archetypical Caldari ships, missiles and shields, although I have flown a few shield-tanked Minmatar ships in the past. The Tengu is what I use most often, but I've used it exclusively for PvE purposes and in the past I mostly flew the Caracal. My missile skills are also not completely rounded out as the only tech II missiles I've trained thus far are HAMs, although my support skills are decent so it wouldn't be hard to train into other types of missiles. Just tell me what would work, and I'll modify my training queue as necessary :).

I guess I'll just PM you to set up an interview time unless there's a preferred method of communicating. If there is, just let me know.

We do use armor doctrines in addition to shield.  One thing I always tell folks who are new to null is that you will wind up training everything (literally) over time.  In your case, t2 rlml and heavies will at least open up all the shield doctrines to you.  We also have low SP options for every fleet - usually ewar frigates.  Lastly, logistics and tackle are paths that involve a few ships welcome in any fleet.

I couldn't fly a whole lot when I first came out. The fact that you have some missile skills and caldari cruiser V is good, you're well ahead of me when I came out to Branch in terms of being able to contribute DPS in our shield doctrines. The EWAR options can be really fun. I got on a Dread kill in a Maalus on my very first null sec coalition fight.  But like Ashin said, you do end up training everything. There's some painful training that you really need to do if you're fitting skills aren't up to snuff. Most of our serious doctrine loadouts have tight fitting requirements. Four months later I can fly probably 2/3rds of our doctrine ships, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't take skill injector shortcuts.  

Edited by Simone

Thanks @Simone and @Ashin, that's really useful information about null sec fleets. Fortunately, my core fitting skills are decent, so hopefully I won't have to train those much more. Training into everything eventually sounds fine to me although EWAR, logi, and tackle all sound like exciting options that I have not been able to test out before.