[EVE] Intimus Inferi + Montiold

Practical

Hi!

Got here by way of Tyrilis / Tbert, whom I had a chat with after finding ya'lls pub channel via Reddit.

EVE History
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away a new eve capsuleer was born from the goo. He got the bright idea to chew rocks to pay for pew pew. This was back when before you could fly a barge you'd fly a Exequror. :*) Newbros these days have it easy with those shiney ventures.

Got into a retriever and learned the slow grind of Hisec solo mining. Joined an industry corporation and it got a bit more fun. All the while grinding rep for missions, hearing about the big payouts from L4s. Then, I hear about Null. Big bucks from mining and pvp for everyone, even me! So I rush out there, am handed a procurer and told to mine. No pew pew. I retired from eve for awhile.

Then I return, and decide I'm going to just focus on exploration and missions. I do okay, get a little PVP by way of a friendly WH corp that was in our alliance and I really enjoyed it. But RL happens and I took another break.

I hear from one of the promotional (read: spam) mails from CCP that FW is here. I wait about a year and see it actually looks pretty sweet so I squeezed Intimus Inferi out of the goo to train only combat and go full FW. Lots of rifters were lost, most of which were mine. All the while I dabbled in low sec mining / rat baiting with Montiold. A few T2 frigates were made into space dust by way of my hurricane and pirate tears were had. Then they came and busted my POS and then my tears were had. That's eve for you, and I decided it was time to take another break.

A few more years past, and one summer I hear about the Pheobe Freeport republic and I resub Intimus to go see if Null can be more then just chewing rocks. Many fleets were had, I learned the wonders of null ratting in a VNI (An hour = 3 fleet doctrines = many hours of fun). But, alas, at the end of the summer I had to move in RL and focus back at work again so I took a break because work was picking up again.

Well, while I don't fight for Aiur, I have returned. Again :). In the past month or so since resubing, I have done some L4s and remembered why they suck. Got back into FW and brushed the cobwebs off, many tristans were made into space dust and most were mine.

But Null is where the fun is at, so I am here asking for you all to take pity on a lone waif and take me in?

Personal History
REDACTED

Okay, in all seriousness, I am 25 and a project manager / senior developer at a small company. I did a little college but after a semester found I could get freelance work as a programmer pretty easily. I went that route and did some MVPs along the way. Nothing gained much traction and after a particularly heart breaking failure I started looking for a "real job". Handed my resume out to clients and then started negotiating, settling and starting this job last summer.

When not playing EVE or watching Futurama for the 3000th time, I tend to like to try and get out and explore my city. I'm a big foodie, tacos are life and pretty much agreeing is a prerequisite to being my friend. I also love craft beer and there are several micro breweries here in the city that I am still tasting their varieties. Oh and I'm dabbling with making liquor infusions, about to start a peach tequila this weekend.

I grew up on games, I learned to program by making flash games, and I still really want to make the next big indi game but I usually keep getting distracted by the actual next big indi game. Zelda is my all time favorite and leading reason to buy Nitendo products. Yup, I'm getting the switch. Going to get Zelda, any mario game, and any fire emblem game. 

TL;DR: I chewed rocks, pew'd NPCS, pew'd RL players in FW, pew'd RL players in Null, and back for more. Recovering Workaholic in my personal life who has a taco fetish.

So, tell me something about you all!

35 minutes ago, Practical said:

Got here by way of Tyrilis / Tbert

Hahaha, one day I'll understand why everyone adds an extra 'i' in there. At least you left out the 'u' that sometimes shows up, 'Tyrilius'.

37 minutes ago, Practical said:

So I rush out there, am handed a procurer and told to mine. No pew pew. I retired from eve for awhile.

What a sad story! Glad that wasn't the ending...

41 minutes ago, Practical said:

A few more years past, and one summer I hear about the Pheobe Freeport republic and I resub Intimus to go see if Null can be more then just chewing rocks. Many fleets were had, I learned the wonders of null ratting in a VNI (An hour = 3 fleet doctrines = many hours of fun).

We considered joining PFR a couple years ago, and Valence/Ashin had some good conversations with Walter Cohen. Did you get into many big fleet fights with PFR or was it mostly small/medium gang stuff?

43 minutes ago, Practical said:

I tend to like to try and get out and explore my city.

Uhm... which city?!

43 minutes ago, Practical said:

Oh and I'm dabbling with making liquor infusions, about to start a peach tequila this weekend.

We've got a couple homebrewers in the EVE chapter. So that's... something you... sort of have in common... with them?

Moving on to random questions!

You've started/stopped EVE 3 or 4 times. What tends to keep you playing, and what tends to drive you away?

If your cruise ship was hijacked by pirates and they dropped you off on a deserted island with your choice of musical instrument, which would it be?

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

Hey there!  Valence B here.  I got your mail and will respond to your post properly in the a.m.   But just a quick note before I crash.. :sleepy:

When I put your API's into our jackknife, they look like account API's from what I can tell.  However, those access masks don't look right.

If you have the time, would you mind creating new API's using this link?

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Please check the "No Expiry" option as well.  It would probably be easiest for me if you just send me a PM on this site, but I can check in-game mail from work tomorrow as well.  Thanks very much - look forward to getting to know you soon.

On 2/23/2017 at 10:44 PM, Tyrlis said:

Did you get into many big fleet fights with PFR or was it mostly small/medium gang stuff?

30~ man fleets were the biggest, which to me seem large but compared to some of the fights I've seen on youtube and read about... probably closer to medium. Biggest action was trying to take a station 7 jumps away, we didn't succeed but pop'd quite a few larger ships in the attempt. Was a lot of fun. It was more typical to hobble together a smaller 10-15 man group and go out in frigs or cruisers to roam typically ending at a red alliance 15 or so jumps away's home station and camping until they gave us a fight.

Uhm... which city?!

Baltimore, MD

We've got a couple homebrewers in the EVE chapter. So that's... something you... sort of have in common... with them?

Okay I'll be honest, its just putting fruit and liquor in a bottle and leaving it for awhile and seeing if the result tastes any good. Most folks use vodka. I do want to progress into legitimate beer making because of how much I enjoy craft beers. But baby steps.

You've started/stopped EVE 3 or 4 times. What tends to keep you playing, and what tends to drive you away?

Typically when I left eve it was because work was picking up. I freelanced for the majority of that and after a big project it wouldn't be unusual for me to take it easy with small stuff for a few months but eventually someone would need help on something exciting and I'd start focusing again. I usually return when things get slow because I really like sandbox games but they're such a time sink. Now that I've settled into my job and getting used to the structure, I'm going to give playing casually a shot. Not many things in gaming that is more fun then spreadsheets followed by making space dust. Except maybe Zelda.

If your cruise ship was hijacked by pirates and they dropped you off on a deserted island with your choice of musical instrument, which would it be?

Getting past why I was on a cruise ship in the first place, if I was alone it would have to be piano. Because this.

Now, if not alone.... Saxophone. Because this.

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

Hard to say. For looks, I've always had a love affair with the Rifter. I also like the rattlesnake. I also always liked the look of lasers over other weapons.

But for actual  play, I like fast drone boats. Tristan or VNI, I like to kite and let the drones do the DPS. 

1 hour ago, Practical said:

tacos are life and pretty much agreeing is a prerequisite to being my friend. 

Oh, you and I are going to get along great.  The week here starts with Early Taco Tuesday (Monday), Taco Tuesday, and Late Taco Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of the world).  Saturday is what I like to call Weekend Taco Tuesday.  So...

1.  Flour or corn tortillas?

2. Favorite taco meat?

3. Favorite non-meat taco?

On 2/23/2017 at 11:13 PM, Oshri Paliako said:

The week here starts with Early Taco Tuesday (Monday), Taco Tuesday, and Late Taco Tuesday (or Wednesday for the rest of the world).  Saturday is what I like to call Weekend Taco Tuesday.  So...

This is brilliant and is now mine. Thank you! I have two taco places within walking distance and I basically alternate between them for dinner every night. And when I'm too lazy to walk, I fry up quesadillas at home.

1. Soft corn, hands down. I will never go back to flour (Except for quesadillas, until I figure out the physics on a corn tortilla in the frying pan)
2. Spicy carnitas street style is my go to, but I also like dolphin fish w/ mangos when I can find it.
3. You know, despite trying what I like to think is every taco under the sun I haven't done one without meat. I've had very exotic meats, but I've yet to have none.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:55 AM, Oshri Paliako said:

It was good talking to you in game last night. Did you get any more kills?

Nope, despite the hype I resolved to station up and end on a high note. We'll see if I can't start a streak tonight though!

On 2/24/2017 at 10:18 AM, Scynner said:

I'm also a home brewer and if you ever want to get started i can help you out.

If you can share any good starting resources, I really do want to look more into it. My biggest concern is space needs as I live in a city.