Things hit Tyrlis, Tyrlis hits 'em back

Tyrlis

Hi! This is my official "Hello I'm in the Guild now" thread.

To summarize me, I'm 24, US Army Military Intelligence stationed in Denver, 3 kids, a wife, a mortgage, and way too many bills.

Gaming-wise, I've played SWG, CoH, TR, and yes... WoW. I was a Tauren druid, played in one of the top PvE guilds until I got sick of it, quit (with some help from my then-new family) and never looked back. Clean for two years!

In WAR I'm playing an IB, and it's going alright so far, though I seem to get stomped by BO's. My main trouble with MMO's is that I need to get up more than I like to prevent my children (15 months, 7 years, and 8 years) from starting my house on fire. But, after they go to sleep or when the wife is handling 'em (she works nights), I'm free from that distraction.

Looking forward to seeing you yahoo's on the other end of my Oath Friend and Guard.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned it in Vent tonight, but I might as well make it official. I'm deploying to Afghanistan for 6 months, from December to May. I'll be in Maryland for most of November, so my gaming while I'm there depends on LAN arcade access, but I definitely won't be playing while I'm working 14-hour days in the sand. My playing will probably taper off as my departure date of 26 Oct gets closer, but I'd still like to get pretty close to 40 so I don't have a ridiculous amount of catching up to do when I get back. I talked to Zyco about it and he made it clear that I'm stuck with you guys, so I guess I'll be hanging around the boards a lot while I'm gone.

So in classic Army fashion, they can't make up their minds. I was going to be taking a slot from another dude, whose wife had a medical emergency that caused him to be pulled from pre-deployment training. Well his wife is OK, and he still wants to go. So now I'm probably NOT going. Expect this to change 17 more times before they finally make up their minds but... yeah. I'm probably not going now.