[EVE] Sharo Hakaari

Sharo Hakaari

1 hour ago, Sharo Hakaari said:

She is around 3 feet from head to tail. She outgrew her cage so currently she just roams my room, though she mostly just sits on her pillow or walks around for a few minutes then goes to sleep :/

That's the life. Too bad we can't all be iguanas sometimes.

I noticed earlier that you said you don't always like to plan ahead, sadly, Eve is a game where planning can be very important.  for example, I'm out about a billion ISK to poor planning with injecting skill books.  Have you played around with Evemon or similar programs to come up with a long term skill plan?

On 2/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, Oshri Paliako said:

That's the life. Too bad we can't all be iguanas sometimes.

I noticed earlier that you said you don't always like to plan ahead, sadly, Eve is a game where planning can be very important.  for example, I'm out about a billion ISK to poor planning with injecting skill books.  Have you played around with Evemon or similar programs to come up with a long term skill plan?

Edited by Sharo Hakaari

14 minutes ago, Sharo Hakaari said:

I have messed around with Evemon a bit, but never tried to make a skill plan that I would stick to.

I'd suggest giving it a try. It helped me immensely. You'll find if you come out to null in a focused group like ours that there are several doctrines all requiring certain ships and skill plans. Getting prepared early can save you a headache (and ISK) later.

Any idea what fleet role you'd like to pursue - scout, logi, mainline dps?

Edited by Oshri Paliako

On 2/28/2017 at 1:46 PM, Oshri Paliako said:

I'd suggest giving it a try. It helped me immensely. You'll find if you come out to null in a focused group like ours that there are several doctrines all requiring certain ships and skill plans. Getting prepared early can save you a headache (and ISK) later.

Any idea what fleet role you'd like to pursue - scout, logi, mainline dps?

Edited by Sharo Hakaari

On 2/28/2017 at 11:43 AM, Sharo Hakaari said:

She outgrew her cage so currently she just roams my room

Wow, that would be creepy for me!  What if you are tossing and turning in your sleep and roll over on her?  Also.. doesn't that mean she's leaving little "messes" all over your room? :p

I just had a flashback to a story that I would like to share with you guys.

My ex-wife and I had a bright idea to train our cat to use a toilet after having seen some videos of other cats toilet trained.  We did our research and essentially you do a bunch of mini-steps that once trained with the one step you move onto the next.  ie, move litter to bathroom, raise height of litter box slowly, make litter even with toilet, put litterbox on toilet, take away litterbox and replace with bowl set in toilet with litter, etc until there is just the toilet.  We were doing all right for awhile but in the end we failed miserably but somehow trained the cat to stand up and shit.  Poor confused cat.

8 hours ago, Sharo Hakaari said:

Over time she learned to use a box with a towel in it I set up in the corner of my room, I honestly don't know how, but it just developed into a routine for her. She usually sleeps at the same time I do, but there is no way for her to get up on my bed unless I put her there or give he a way to climb up so that isn't something I worry about. She is very smart in regards to what she should and shouldn't do, and after doing something once and failing she stops (like trying to climb up my dresser to the rat cage).

After this I got curious and did some google/reading about iguanas.  It seems they are pretty smart and definitely develop routines and habits, like you say!  Sounds like a neat pet.

In other news, welcome to the corp!